Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Well that guy that was emailing me last week just closed his account :(

Oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Denise, I think it might be because that if someone hasnt been on a date or ever met someone online, they might find it hard to move out of the comfort zone of text and email.

May I suggest that you might make it clear on your profile that you arent interested in penpals?

Sometimes it is better to be quite direct and do the asking yourself?

Seriously, hide your profile but dont delete it, ive met a few wonderful people on PoF, nothing romantic came of it (except my beautiful girlfriend!).

Seriously, it is a hit and miss situation, you might meet (or not) 8 to 10 guys until you find someone you click with.

If you want me too look over your profile just PM me. Well i will as long as i didnt delete it while in the throws of teenage kicks the other night...

Thanks, might take you up on that offer. Maybe Im just on a bit of a downer tonight because I am so shattered tired and sitting in alone! And one of the guys Im texting text me to say he has to 'come clean' and tell me he was going on a date tonight... eh.... so what, we havent even met up, why do i care if youre going on a date!? So I just wished him luck :D:D

Oh well...

GRRRRR so annoying, too many places for people to hide, avoid people and pretend they are someting they're not imo :eek:

Denisejcc wrote: »
    GRRRRR so annoying, too many places for people to hide, avoid people and pretend they are someting they're not imo :eek:

Ah he could have met someone - he is a hawtie!

Ah he could have met someone - he is a hawtie!

But but but.. it should have been you!!;)

• Advertisement

But but but.. it should have been you!!;)

Nah

I'm destined to be alone forever - I keep getting highly matched to people looking for friends :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Oh well...

AWWW

HUGS!!

Nah

I'm destined to be alone forever - I keep getting highly matched to people looking for friends :rolleyes:

I feel your pain, me too, theres defo not someone for everyone!

Thanks, might take you up on that offer. Maybe Im just on a bit of a downer tonight because I am so shattered tired and sitting in alone! And one of the guys Im texting text me to say he has to 'come clean' and tell me he was going on a date tonight... eh.... so what, we havent even met up, why do i care if youre going on a date!? So I just wished him luck :D:D

It was his way of saying, sorry denise, but i think i might have met someone better.....

Apologies for being blunt:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ooh hope you get to meet up soon!;)
    I just think its pointless for people to register on a site claiming they are looking for dates and then continue to just text/email.. :rolleyes:
    I might give it until the end of the month and if no dates by 01/07/11 I will delete :D
    I dunno tbh one never knows what will happen :)
    yus i think you make sense... its just people or saying
    "im not looking for a reletionship Im not activley seeking a reletionship....
    im just here to see what happens good and were things could go ...

double negitive in the first sentinces :pac:

I had to point it out:D

• Advertisement

gatecrash wrote: »
    It was his way of saying, sorry denise, but i think i might have met someone better.....

Eh.. thanks ......NOT
    I'll choose not to believe he has met someone 'better' considering we haven't been texting very long and have never met up. My confidence is low enough at the moment thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Question for both the wimmin and the men here.

How do you feel when you sent pix and someone either cuts off contact with or carries the IM convo on for a bit longer out of politeness but then stops contact after that without ever mentioning the pix at all?

I don't have pics on my profile for various reasons but NEVER hesitate to send them to someone I've struck up an IM chat with. And it never goes down well, interest on their part clearly wanes.

The not being found attractive part, while not pleasant, is understandable. But am I alone in finding it rude when the person doesn't acknowledge they received the email? I think I'd rather they just be honest and say "You're not my bag" rather to immediately start to ignore me, or never contact me again after that chat.

This has happened to me a lot. I'm not the most photogenic and am a wee bit better-looking in person than I am in pics, so that too is a bit frustrating, but even if they genuinely don't find me in any way attractive, I'd rather some acknowledgement.

Has this happened to anyone else, and how do you deal with/how does it make you feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Eh.. thanks ......NOT
    I'll choose not to believe he has met someone 'better' considering we haven't been texting very long and have never met up. My confidence is low enough at the moment thanks.

You can date me if you'd like. Do you like accents? Cos I can do loads of different ones. :)

That is not a very nice thing to say now mister!

That_Guy wrote: »
    You can date me if you'd like. Do you like accents? Cos I can do loads of different ones. :)

Ha ha I love accents ;)

Eh.. thanks ......NOT

Would you prefer that he just ups and disappears?

My confidence took a battering the last few weeks too, but feck it, i'm back in the fishpond..... well at least diiping my toes in the pond..

Ha ha I love accents ;)

Huzzah!!!

My confidence took a battering the last few weeks too, but feck it, i'm back in the fishpond..... well at least diiping my toes in the pond..

GC I think it's just that you said he met someone better - I don't think anyone needs to hear that another person has been chosen because they are "better", different, more alike, more chemistry sure - but not that!

If he disapears he disappears, Ive never met him so I wouldnt lose any sleep over it, one less person to text :rolleyes:
    My point is that the men I have encountered on that site are cowards that are afraid to make the brave move of meeting up. Bring back the old fashioned day imo when the guy asked the girl, girl said yes and then they actually met up!

If he disapears he disappears, Ive never met him so I wouldnt lose any sleep over it, one less person to text :rolleyes:
    My point is that the men I have encountered on that site are cowards that are afraid to make the brave move of meeting up. Bring back the old fashioned day imo when the guy asked the girl, girl said yes and then they actually met up!

*waves*

:pac:

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    *waves*

:pac:

*blushes* :o:D

read my posts a few pages back, i was bitching about not getting responses.

Purely because the women i was contacting were thinking exactly what i said earlier.

I'm sorry if it hurt you, but when i mentioned it earlier in the thread about people looking at my profile and thinking EWWWWWW AS IF, i was told that that's exactly what it is!!
    I took my knocks, take them every day, but feck it.... Some day i'll get more than my toes wet and go for wet ankles!

Eh.. thanks ......NOT

being honest i think online dating can leave people feeling pretty expossed in some ways... i think its important to remember that people you me that guy morgan, larrianne will all or have at some point looked after them selves :)

so I always try to look at it that way :)

being honest i think online dating can leave people feeling pretty expossed in some ways... i think its important to remember that people you me that guy morgan, larrianne will all or have at some point looked after them selves :)

so I always try to look at it that way :)

It is a serious battle to not let it get to you, especially if you are rejected more than you are accepted.

I get that a lot, and as soon as someone gives me a chance they think I'm the bomb :cool:

It is a serious battle to not let it get to you, especially if you are rejected more than you are accepted.

I get that a lot, and as soon as someone gives me a chance they think I'm the bomb :cool:

exactly sure the self easteam is there you know how cool you are...

I can't see my self meeting a girl through online dateing at times I'd love to have a girl to share my life with and then other times im like wait a minite you can do what you like when you like...

and that or down to timing which can be a pain the plonker... :pac:

We all have our off days........ You and misty kicked me out of a proper sorry frown earlier on this week.

Just don't let them get to ya.

The monkey is right, normally on the internet we all hide behind these anonymous logins, and have the security of knowing that the only people who know us are the ones we want to

On a dating site it's totally different, you have to make your self more open than normal on the 'net, and that means that the cuts we get are worse.

Ha ha love it, I think thats whats a bit soul destroying when you know in real life that you get on with pretty much anyone!

exactly sure the self easteam is there you know how cool you are...

I can't see my self meeting a girl through online dateing at times I'd love to have a girl to share my life with and then other times im like wait a minite you can do what you like when you like...

and that or down to timing which can be a pain the plonker... :pac:

Now this baffles me - I have never ever ever stopped a guy I've dated doing what he wanted, when he wanted - I can't be the only woman like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I am a bit of a niave country boy, can anyone explain what an "activity partner" is. Is it as seedy as i think it is?

• Advertisement

Now this baffles me - I have never ever ever stopped a guy I've dated doing what he wanted, when he wanted - I can't be the only woman like that!

I think a lot of women dont like mens friends espechilly the single ones were viewed as a bad influance :D

but I swear im not ever >.>. <.< :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement