Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I think a lot of women dont like mens friends espechilly the single ones were viewed as a bad influance :D

but I swear im not ever >.>. <.< :pac:

Men are men - they need their boys nights out and time away from their gfs. Plus the absence makes the sex better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I am a bit of a niave country boy, can anyone explain what an "activity partner" is. Is it as seedy as i think it is?

it genrally refers to doggers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

exactly sure the self easteam is there you know how cool you are...

I can't see my self meeting a girl through online dateing at times I'd love to have a girl to share my life with and then other times im like wait a minite you can do what you like when you like...

and that or down to timing which can be a pain the plonker... :pac:

Can't use that as a reason for staying single SM. I know poeple who live in each others pockets and the relationships lasted no time at all

Then there are the couples who are a couple, but are aware that a couple is made of 2 separate people and each do their own thing at times. And those ones are happily married

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I think a lot of women dont like mens friends espechilly the single ones were viewed as a bad influance :D

but I swear im not ever >.>. <.< :pac:

I agree, i've being told this by friends but honestly i am good guy...just like a laugh when out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Denisejcc wrote: »
    My point is that the men I have encountered on that site are cowards that are afraid to make the brave move of meeting up. Bring back the old fashioned day imo when the guy asked the girl, girl said yes and then they actually met up!

Ahh, thats a bit harsh Denise. Maybe some lads are new to the internet dating scene? To be honest, the Irish male may be only to ask a girl out after 14 pints of Guinness..

Seize the initiative and ask him out, or at least drop some serious hints!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Ahh, thats a bit harsh Denise. Maybe some lads are new to the internet dating scene? To be honest, the Irish male may be only to ask a girl out after 14 pints of Guinness..

Seize the initiative and ask him out, or at least drop some serious hints!

Ok so heres one particular scenario:

He asks me to meet up for a drink after a good few emails and texts
    I say yes
    He says where
    I tell him the pub
    texting continues for a few weeks
    I text him, so what about this drink
    I get a reply the next day ignoring the question and talking about some other random stuff

Need I say more!

Men are men - they need their boys nights out and time away from their gfs. Plus the absence makes the sex better :D

thats true but i think some blokes just get stuck in a rut reletionship house gf etc... you know?

I am a bit of a niave country boy, can anyone explain what an "activity partner" is. Is it as seedy as i think it is?

oops!!

There was me thinking it was if you are a keep fit freak type don't expect me to tag along to all the football matches, marathons and other outdoorsy stuff you do

Makes me the totally naive one so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

? To be honest, the Irish male may be only to ask a girl out after 14 pints of Guinness..

I'd be lucky to even be able to breath after 14 pints.

I say yes
    He says where
    I tell him the pub
    I get a reply the next day ignoring the question and talking about some other random stuff

Need I say more!

Ok, that's a touch strange in fairness

• Advertisement

I say yes
    He says where
    I tell him the pub

Need I say more!

Sounds like you had a lucky escape or maybe his mom just didn't approve ;)

gatecrash wrote: »
    Can't use that as a reason for staying single SM. I know poeple who live in each others pockets and the relationships lasted no time at all

Then there are the couples who are a couple, but are aware that a couple is made of 2 separate people and each do their own thing at times. And those ones are happily married

Its not an excuse its a fact :)

Vanbis wrote: »
    Sounds like you had a lucky escape or maybe his mom just didn't approve ;)

Forgot to mention............ hes still texting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

thats true but i think some blokes just get stuck in a rut reletionship house gf etc... you know?

can get very stuck, especially if you live with someone. but I've always been quite independent, so lots of women can do it!
    oops!!

There was me thinking it was if you are a keep fit freak type don't expect me to tag along to all the football matches, marathons and other outdoorsy stuff you do

jesus, i would've assumed that too. hmmm.

I say yes
    He says where
    I tell him the pub

Need I say more!

that is odd. cause you'd think if he just wasn't interested, he just wouldn't keep writing. i'm intrigued.

but if you let yourself be stuck in a rut you can't blame another person, one of my ex;s did that, he was always whinging that he was bored - but he never wanted to do anything!
    I eventually gave up on him!

but if you let yourself be stuck in a rut you can't blame another person, one of my ex;s did that, he was always whinging that he was bored - but he never wanted to do anything!

yeah but i think a lot of people dont even notice it... persoanlly i try to keep my delf busy with sport and life im unemployed btu i recently got some kite surfing gear on lone and when Im not doing that im either

Ps3ing it.
    Boards or photoshop and ilustrator or playin with my dogs :D

Forgot to mention............ hes still texting!

Ok, my guess is he has something to hide like maybe a girlfriend, wife?

Just ask him straight out and if you don't get the answer you want then say goodbye and move along. You'll find someone soon enough.....................when you least expect it.

yeah but i think a lot of people dont even notice it... persoanlly i try to keep my delf busy with sport and life im unemployed btu i recently got some kite surfing gear on lone and when Im not doing that im either

Ps3ing it.
    Boards or photoshop and ilustrator or playin with my dogs :D

Tonights my telly night..... I love my sky plus box!!!

Just ask him straight out and if you don't get the answer you want then say goodbye and move along. You'll find someone soon enough.....................when you least expect it.

Those guys seriously get on my tits!

I thought that too for a while but he constantly updates me on his weekends and what hes up to, loads of nights out etc so who knows!?

• Advertisement

I thought that too for a while but he constantly updates me on his weekends and what hes up to, loads of nights out etc so who knows!?

I could be wrong but just guessing. Like i said just ask him out about meeting up in the pub you suggested and see what he says or what excuse he uses. After that delete his number and ignore him, your looking to meet someone, you don't need a penpal or more friends.

I dunno Denise, i'd say just ignore him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

oops!!

That's what I thought it was! Someone to go hiking with usually. Oh my.

Yeah, I had an ex have a major freak-out at me because we kinda fell into a rut for a month. It was down to her having no money but objecting to me paying for her, so it lead to a lot of nights in. I would have gladly gone out. The annoying thing is when we broke up I bumped into her two weekends in a row where she was out in my usual haunt with her new fella. I had actually given up so many nights out because she didn't want to go out, and then here she was having the crack with the new fella. I felt cheated in more ways than one.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Those guys seriously get on my tits!
    I'd imagine that's their plan...

I could be wrong but just guessing. Like i said just ask him out about meeting up in the pub you suggested and see what he says or what excuse he uses.

To be honest I couldnt be bothered asking him again, I need to keep some pride! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I've just casually trawled through 60+ pages of guys on Lovestruck.com, clicked on about 10 for a closer look and 5 of those turned out to be gay! What does that say about my taste???

Also why is there no option to leave the men looking for men out of my search?!

I'd imagine that's their plan...

Ah Pepe, most only have to ask and I'll let them have a feel ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Wow that is a bit of a leap. He might just like chatting, he might be shy, basically it could be any number of things. No need to jump to the marriage issue. What exactly would a married man get out of what he is doing?

Only way to work out what he wants is to ask him what he wants and not let him off the hook if he ignores the question and talks about something else.

Semele wrote: »
    I've just casually trawled through 60+ pages of guys on Lovestruck.com, clicked on about 10 for a closer look and 5 of those turned out to be gay! What does that say about my taste???

Also why is there no option to leave the men looking for men out of my search?!

Thats a pain... dont tell me about any more sites. I'll feel compelled to try them :D

• Advertisement

Ah Pepe, most only have to ask and I'll let them have a feel ;)

*Sticks up hand*...... Please miss... can i have a feel??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement