Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Wow that is a bit of a leap. He might just like chatting, he might be shy, basically it could be any number of things. No need to jump to the marriage issue.

If you bothered to read my post after that you will read that i was only guessing as to what might be the problem.
    What exactly would a married man get out of what he is doing?

I could draw you a picture if you really want to know :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Wow that is a bit of a leap. He might just like chatting, he might be shy, basically it could be any number of things. No need to jump to the marriage issue. What exactly would a married man get out of what he is doing?

Only way to work out what he wants is to ask him what he wants and not let him off the hook if he ignores the question and talks about something else.

Not that much of a leap - I've been approached by more attached guys over the years, than single ones....it is a very very common thing with online dating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

gatecrash wrote: »
    Tonights my telly night..... I love my sky plus box!!!

really whats on the box id be playing my ps3 but i can get into the sitting room as there old people down there so im up stairs in the loft looking at this

homebb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Not that much of a leap - I've been approached by more attached guys over the years, than single ones....it is a very very common thing with online dating!

cos they are hiding behind the anonymity of the internet

Thinking the can get their end away without any consequences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Vanbis wrote: »
    If you bothered to read my post after that you will read that i was only guessing as to what might be the problem.

I did read your post, I was asking why even guess that he was married. If you read my post, you'll see I was suggesting it could be any number of things.

Read her posts, he doesn't exactly sound like the average married man looking for sex on the side. No need to get snippy with me or suggest I'm naive. My point was that a married man looking for action on the side wouldn't blatantly ignore requests for dates/meet-ups etc. That is why I was asking what would a married man get out of such behaviour? Why would a married man go to such efforts to get an online friend and ignore every request for a real life meet up.

• Advertisement

cos they are hiding behind the anonymity of the internet

Thinking the can get their end away without any consequences

Oh but what joy it is to see their "innocent" faces when they come home to find both their gf's in the living room!

really whats on the box id be playing my ps3 but i can get into the sitting room as there old people down there so im up stairs in the loft looking at this

homebb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Record a few programmes during the week, Game Of Thrones, Blue Bloods Chicago Code, NCIS, that sort of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Ok, my guess is he has something to hide like maybe a girlfriend, wife?

Just ask him straight out and if you don't get the answer you want then say goodbye and move along. You'll find someone soon enough.....................when you least expect it.

don't agree with assuming the married thing, but I do agree that you should be upfront, and maybe ask him straight out, if he's still not into it, forget about him.

well i think his point was that this guy was avoiding meeting up, and continued the communication, so what would he get from that, and while he could get many things from it, an ego boost etc., but if he's not going to meet up, he's hardly one of the ones that's blatantly out for sex :confused:

Like I say above, I'm not ignorant to married men wanting to have sex on the side through dating sites, any eejit knows that happens. I'm saying why would a married man go do what this guy in particular is doing.

Like I say above, I'm not ignorant to married men wanting to have sex on the side through dating sites, any eejit knows that happens. I'm saying why would a married man go do what this guy in particular is doing.

because they could be all ready to go and real life stops it - like one of the kids is sick, or wifey changed her plans to go out with the girls etc.

• Advertisement

Oh but what joy it is to see their "innocent" faces when they come home to find both their gf's in the living room!

OUCH!!!!

Oh, and eh, NAILED!!

I did read your post, I was asking why even guess that he was married. If you read my post, you'll see I was suggesting it could be any number of things.

Yes it could be a number of things and i said he could be married or have a wife. Its a dating site, she's not looking to find penpals, new friends.

They all have an angle or an agenda, it could be many reason if he is of course married with a wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Denisejcc wrote: »
    I thought that too for a while but he constantly updates me on his weekends and what hes up to, loads of nights out etc so who knows!?

Sounds very familiar. Is this guy on PoF? :cool:
    To be honest I couldnt be bothered asking him again, I need to keep some pride! :o:D

Ah, you're better off finding out what's the story with these head wreckers coz they'll just string you along.

Had to cancel date tonight due to C2H5OH poisoning, admittedly self inflicted. :o

because they could be all ready to go and real life stops it - like one of the kids is sick, or wifey changed her plans to go out with the girls etc.

Now if I were a cheating husband (not a sentence I've written a lot :pac:), I'd just say "yeah I'd love to, but my I have to work this weekend/I'm meeting my brother etc. How about another time?". I wouldn't just totally ignore it and bring up a different random topic. If you read her posts, it doesn't seem like they were ever all ready to go anywhere.

Larianne wrote: »

Ah, you're better off finding out what's the story with these head wreckers coz they'll just string you along.

Had to cancel date tonight due to C2H5OH poisoning, admittedly self inflicted. :o

What poisoning???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

wow, I kind of want to find out myself now so I can report back to you all, I might text him and tell him the Boardsies want to know if hes married or has a GF:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

That sounds exciting, but obviously not life threatening as you're hangin' on boards... so... oooo excitement :)

wow, I kind of want to find out myself now so I can report back to you all, I might text him and tell him the Boardsies want to know if hes married or has a GF:D:D:D

Funny story - but I used to ask my ex the whole time if he was texting his other gf cos he was always texting when he was in my gaff....turns out I was right - hindsight eh!
    :rolleyes:

Yeah on POF :cool:

• Advertisement

I put fiddy on it he does and kids :D

Now if I were a cheating husband (not a sentence I've written a lot :pac:), I'd just say "yeah I'd love to, but my I have to work this weekend/I'm meeting my brother etc. How about another time?". I wouldn't just totally ignore it and bring up a different random topic. If you read her posts, it doesn't seem like they were ever all ready to go anywhere.

Nerves?? He could be thinking about it, but then chickening out

So, all we've determined is tonight is that no one REALLY knows what Activity Partners are, Denise reckons all Paddy's are chickens, and going by her posts it's entirely possible, and I was being an insensitive pr1ck earlier on

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What poisoning???
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    That sounds exciting, but obviously not life threatening as you're hangin' on boards... so... oooo excitement :)

Alcohol poisoning.. :pac:

Ah, I was in bits all day. :o

Denise, do you want to PM me his username and I can tell you if it's the same guy. If it is, I wouldn't waste my time. ;)

Yes it could be a number of things and i said he could be married or have a wife. Its a dating site, she's not looking to find penpals, new friends.

I think you are missing my point. I'm just saying his actions make it seem very unlikely that he is married. I'm not saying anything else. Not saying he is categorically unmarried for obvious reasons, just that I think it unlikely.

Nobody is saying anybody wants penpals or new friends (or that nobody wants them either :pac:).

you're missing the panic mode of possibly getting caught though, people can't always think up something believable in a heartbeat.

Alcohol poisoning.. :pac:

Ah, I was in bits all day. :o

Denise, do you want to PM me his username and I can tell you if it's the same guy. If it is, I wouldn't waste my time. ;)

Sorry..... not a chemist!!!

Funny story - but I used to ask my ex the whole time if he was texting his other gf cos he was always texting when he was in my gaff....turns out I was right - hindsight eh!
    :rolleyes:

God thats awful *hugs*

God thats awful *hugs*

Meh - **** happens.

Plus I'll always have the mental image of his face when he saw both of us in the same room!

Nerves?? He could be thinking about it, but then chickening out

So, all we've determined is tonight is that no one REALLY knows what Activity Partners are, Denise reckons all Paddy's are chickens, and going by her posts it's entirely possible, and I was being an insensitive pr1ck earlier on

Why is there any doubt about activity partners? :confused: Surely it just means somebody to go do things like walking, climbing etc with? In other words you are looking for a partner to do activities with....:confused:

• Advertisement

Why is there any doubt about activity partners? :confused: Surely it just means somebody to go do things like walking, climbing etc with? In other words you are looking for a partner to do activities with....:confused:

There's a query about it apparently

Someone mentioned dogging and the OTHER type of outdoor activities!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement