Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I think you are missing my point. I'm just saying his actions make it seem very unlikely that he is married. I'm not saying anything else. Not saying he is categorically unmarried for obvious reasons, just that I think it unlikely.

Nobody is saying anybody wants penpals or new friends (or that nobody wants them either :pac:).

to be honest PK I dont think he is married or has kids, call it womens intuition or whatever but definitely not the vibe Im getting. He possibly had a date after agreeing to meet me and maybe hes still dating her and keeping his options open, if that is the case I'd have to wonder if i would do the same thing, hard to know unless you're in that situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

you're missing the panic mode of possibly getting caught though, people can't always think up something believable in a heartbeat.

But it is not as if he is being held at gun point. Asking if somebody wants to go out "some time" is hardly a cause for panic. He has all the time in the world to reply.

I think he is just shy, not very good dating site etiquette or just likes to chat for whatever reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

But it is not as if he is being held at gun point. Asking if somebody wants to go out "some time" is hardly a cause for panic. He has all the time in the world to reply.

I think he is just shy, not very good dating site etiquette or just likes to chat for whatever reason.

Larianne will be able to tell us later on if Denise pm's her the details.

gatecrash wrote: »
    There's a query about it apparently

Someone mentioned dogging and the OTHER type of outdoor activities!!

Wouldn't they be intimate encounters? I'd view activity encounters as something some older people would do to get out of the house. Older people who are not looking for romance, but would like company.

Edit: Best typo ever....activity encounters :P Calling Doctor Freud! I mean activity partners.

Wouldn't they be intimate encounters? I'd view activity encounters as something some older people would do to get out of the house. Older people who are not looking for romance, but would like company.

Edit: Best typo ever....activity encounters :P Calling Doctor Freud! I mean activity partners.

hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Nope, not the same guy! So there's a few of them!

I did have a goo at the profile though and I don't think he's married as he has a lot of details up there about himself.

Denise, just ask him what the story is. You're not after a penpal, right?

Larianne to the rescue. With a quizzical yet determined look on her face and a French Fancy up her sleeve :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Larianne wrote: »

That's what i said, the only way you will get an answer and also you can put us all out of our misery :D.

I'll be back tomorrow evening to check for an update. Later.

Nope, not the same guy! So there's a few of them!

I did have a goo at the profile though and I don't think he's married as he has a lot of details up there about himself.

I dont think he is either.. no not after another penpal thats for sure! Was given another number tonight, obviously another guy who likes to text!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Larianne to the rescue. With a quizzical yet determined look on her face and a French Fancy up her sleeve :pac:

And she comes from alabama with a banjo on her knee

• Advertisement

Denisejcc wrote: »
    I dont think he is either.. no not after another penpal thats for sure! Was given another number tonight, obviously another guy who likes to text!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

sometimes we like to have a number to take the conversation outside the website

sometimes we like to have a number to take the conversation outside the website

Obviously there is no problem exchanging numbers but not if its just to send a heap of texts leading to nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Alcohol poisoning.. :pac:

Ah, I was in bits all day. :o

Oh... that's not quite as exciting. Cancel Ms. Marple!
    Why is there any doubt about activity partners? :confused: Surely it just means somebody to go do things like walking, climbing etc with? In other words you are looking for a partner to do activities with....:confused:

Oh Parker, you gentle soul, you're as naive as I. We'll get through this together buddy, it'll be ooooootay.
    French Fancy up her sleeve :pac:

Delicious treats up sleeve? So thaaaat's the secret to getting the magical third date out of PoF!

And she comes from alabama with a banjo on her knee

I think Freud might need see you when he is finished with me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I would have thought it was the first step to meeting up, texting as opposed to just emailing on the site. It certainly has been in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Gillo wrote: »
    I would have thought it was the first step to meeting up, texting as opposed to just emailing on the site. It certainly has been in my experience.

i think her problems with it is first she doesn't like getting to know someone over text, and second that she's afraid it's going to stop at that.

Obviously there is no problem exchanging numbers but not if its just to send a heap of texts leading to nothing

Once upon a time i worked in a shopping centre on the northside. There was an absolutely STUNNING looking girl working in a hair salon in the centre. We are talking HOT HOT HOT.. until she opened her mouth to shout the full length of the main aisle one night when the place was closed and everyone was locking up

MAAAAAATCHHHHEWWWWWW (i think the guys name was Matthew) COMEEEEAAA (come here)

Im beginning to sound like a parrot here:D
    Exchanging numbers is fine if you plan to text for a bit and then meet up but dont waste my time texting me constantly and then chicken out of meeting up, thats all im saying,its a dating site after all ;)

Now, call me a snob, but that was a toe curling moment, and i cannot adequately describe the way her voice grated like nails along a blackboard

Now, call me a snob, but that was a toe curling moment, and i cannot adequately describe the way her voice grated like nails along a blackboard

It can happen, and does happen all too often.

• Advertisement

i think her problems with it is first she doesn't like getting to know someone over text, and second that she's afraid it's going to stop at that.

I have no problem with texting I think its a great way to get to know someone, my issue is when texts go on for weeks after you have agreed to meet for a drink and it still hasnt been arranged despite reminding them!:rolleyes:

Im beginning to sound like a parrot here:D
    Exchanging numbers is fine if you plan to text for a bit and then meet up but dont waste my time texting me constantly and then chicken out of meeting up, thats all im saying,its a dating site after all ;)

I totally agree with you there though.

I have no problem with texting I think its a great way to get to know someone, my issue is when texts go on for weeks after you have agreed to meet for a drink and it still hasnt been arranged despite reminding them!:rolleyes:

Maybe you strike the fear into him with your beautiful face, maybe, just maybe he's terrified of blowing his chances with you so he's playing it safe without realising it that his fear is bringing about the very thing he fears. Sometimes we're shy, sometimes we're strong and silent, sometimes we just need a pretty girl to ask us to dance.

I totally agree with you there though.

Good, I was beginning to think nobody was getting my point :D

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Maybe you strike the fear into him with your beautiful face, maybe, just maybe he's terrified of blowing his chances with you so he's playing it safe without realising it that his fear is bringing about the very thing he fears. Sometimes we're shy, sometimes we're strong and silent, sometimes we just need a pretty girl to ask us to dance.

Awww thats so nice :o:D
    Sounds like a quote from a movie :P

Fewcifur wrote: »

I was on a date like that the other week, really attracted to the girl and was terrified of saying or doing something stupid, so ended up coming across as stiff as a plank!!

she texted me later on to ask what was wrong cos she was able to tell i was uncomfortble

I was on a date like that the other week, really attracted to the girl and was terrified of saying or doing something stupid, so ended up coming across as stiff as a plank!!

she texted me later on to ask what was wrong cos she was able to tell i was uncomfortble

Have you seen her since?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, I'm starting to realise that everyone should be given a second chance (unless the first date is truly woeful!).

Are you going on another date with her?

Good, I was beginning to think nobody was getting my point :D

Great, whats your number, once weeks texts and then a date:cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm starting to realise that everyone should be given a second chance (unless the first date is truly woeful!).

Are you going on another date with her?

we ended up getting to 3 dates before we realised there was attraction, but no spark... Or at least that's how i'd describe it, even if it makes no sense!!

Gonna stay in contact, and meet up for cinema nights etc, .....................and giving out about failed dates too!!! lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement