Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

gatecrash wrote: »
    There is a new yardstick for telling when things are bad......

When you are using 2 (or more) different sites and the same wimmin types keep on cropping up!!!

it's a small country. can't be helped really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

it's a small country. can't be helped really.

i know. But it's still really depressing!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

You can call me Morri!

Actually Few, why would the "the" add comic effect... hhhmmm

It adds a dramatic weight. Like instead of saying "I've got AIDS" people sometimes say "I've got the AIDS" and then an extension of that is obviously "I've got the bad AIDS". Also it marks you out as a person of prominence and renown, like, changing someone from "oh he's a bard" to "oh he's The Bard". :)

Morri, that's cute, like that movie.

And yes GC, it's pretty rough when you get matched to the same person on multiple sites and they get to shoot ya down twice :p Also, the sneaky ones that use different pictures and you're attracted to both = double snare!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

right made one final go with few well typed messages this evening to see if get any biters. Would like get conversation going but not much luck so far. If not getting replies might take break for week or two.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    And yes GC, it's pretty rough when you get matched to the same person on multiple sites and they get to shoot ya down twice :p Also, the sneaky ones that use different pictures and you're attracted to both = double snare!

well i'm quite enjoying the fact that those few who deleted/unread and obviously consider themselves too good for me are......... online, on a dating site at 9:45 of a Saturday evening!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

It adds a dramatic weight. Like instead of saying "I've got AIDS" people sometimes say "I've got the AIDS" and then an extension of that is obviously "I've got the bad AIDS". Also it marks you out as a person of prominence and renown, like, changing someone from "oh he's a bard" to "oh he's The Bard". :)

Morri, that's cute, like that movie.

But Few I am cute :o so the name suits!

Yeah I get annoyed by the matching to the same guys all the time, there should be a function to strike off a guy/girl from your matches if you are not interested in them!

well i'm quite enjoying the fact that those few who deleted/unread and obviously consider themselves too good for me are......... online, on a dating site at 9:45 of a Saturday evening!!!

that's hardly a fair judgement to make of people.

Ah it's that kind of thinking that'll keep ya locked in a glass cage of emotion. I think one of my profiles says "If you feel guilty because you're not out on a Friday night then you're not for me" or something like that. These norms of society are gonna crush us all, like the peeps that go to the same club every week because they're afraid of not being seen.

What part? The part where i wrote up a mail and someone decided to have a look at the picture attached and say EEEEEWWW delete delete delete, or where i got a nasty li'l kick out of the fact that they actually are not as great as they thought cos we're both doing the same thing this evening?

Ah it's that kind of thinking that'll keep ya locked in a glass cage of emotion. I think one of my profiles says "If you feel guilty because you're not out on a Friday night then you're not for me" or something like that. These norms of society are gonna crush us all, like the peeps that go to the same club every week because they're afraid of not being seen.

Oh i don't feel guilty about being in on a Saturday at all. I was out all last weekend, and most of my mates are in the same boat, stoney ass broke!!

• Advertisement

What part? The part where i wrote up a mail and someone decided to have a look at the picture attached and say EEEEEWWW delete delete delete, or where i got a nasty li'l kick out of the fact that they actually are not as great as they thought cos we're both doing the same thing this evening?

the part where you imply someone is 'sad' because they're in on a saturday night.

the part where you imply someone is 'sad' because they're in on a saturday night.

Where did i say that??

Lets just agree to disagree on this one stupid, cos i think you MIGHT be reading a bit too much into it.

Where did i say that??

Lets just agree to disagree on this one stupid, cos i think you MIGHT be reading a bit too much into it.
    those few who deleted/unread and obviously consider themselves too good for me are......... online, on a dating site at 9:45 of a Saturday evening!!!

well there is where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Where did i say that??

Surely you saying this does not need to be read into:

I think most people will see this as you implying people not out on a Saturday night are lame (or whatever synonym for lame you wish to use).

Okaaaay then

make mental note to stay from the crazy people....

Did either of you 2 actually think to wonder HOW i saw that these people are in on a saturday night.....because i am too... So why would i say all people who are in on a saturday night are lame/sad whatever....when I'm one of them???

Thanks for your input and attempts to have an argument.

I think most people will see this as you implying people not out on a Saturday night are lame (or whatever synonym for lame you wish to use).

I don't read it like that at all, obviously you two are on the same wavelength though :rolleyes:

I read that more to mean that those people didn't give GC a chance and yet they, in their choices, maybe no better off in the long run as they are still searching.

I think the Saturday night reference is more to do with when the message was written, nothing more.

Self-deprecating exists as a description for a reason.

What exactly did that sentence mean then? Why are you happy they are in on a Saturday night? Worried they'll get a chill? :pac:

Okaaaay then

make mental note to stay from the crazy people....

Did either of you 2 actually think to wonder HOW i saw that these people are in on a saturday night.....because i am too... So why would i say all people who are in on a saturday night are lame/sad whatever....when I'm one of them???

Thanks for your input and attempts to have an argument.

I wasn't trying to have an argument, why would I do that with a stranger over something that doesn't matter to me? I'm not. I just saw something that seemed a little hate-filled and was calling you out on it. didn't mean to get you pissed off.

I don't read it like that at all, obviously you two are on the same wavelength though :rolleyes:

We are alright. To quote Charlie Sheen, ""I’m tired of pretending I’m not a total bitchin’ rock star from Mars." :pac:

But seriously, surely it is reasonable to read the post the way I did? It is a pretty common thing to say that being in on a Saturday is not the coolest thing in the world.

I wasn't attacking him, just pointing out that he may have said something that sounded harsher than he intended.

I am far from pissed off.

I am quite relaxed to be honest, had a nice day at home, got a lot done, made a lovely dinner.
    Went another day without a smoke, which i'm happy about.
    The only hate filled bit of me is the part that is SCREAMING out for tobacco, and not getting any!!

Oh, and Parker, The Morrigan got EXACTLY what i was saying.....

• Advertisement

We are alright. To quote Charlie Sheen, ""I’m tired of pretending I’m not a total bitchin’ rock star from Mars." :pac:

But seriously, surely it is reasonable to read the post the way I did? It is a pretty common thing to say that being in on a Saturday is not the coolest thing in the world.

I wasn't attacking him, just pointing out that he may have said something that sounded harsher than he intended.

Yes but PK it was only you and Stupid that jumped down his throat over it.

PK I know you're a smart guy now I can't believe you didn't spot the connection between the post and the time it was posted

PK I know you're a smart guy now I can't believe you didn't spot the connection between the post and the time it was posted

Phew! Until I read this I thought I was lumped in with the crazies... which wouldn't be unusual, but in this case I'm far more mellow yellow than red rage. And my guitar is tropical marine blue, how do you do.

how exactly is what I said jumping down anybodies throat? :confused:

Phew! Until I read this I thought I was lumped in with the crazies... which wouldn't be unusual, but in this case I'm far more mellow yellow than red rage. Any my guitar is tropical marine blue, how do you do.

naa I don't think you're crazy fewc....you warned me off the milk thief. That proves a level of altruism that ensures you CAN'T be crazy

Stupid I'm not getting into a tit-for-tat with you over this, you misinterpreted what GC said and he has clarified his position since.

End of.

how exactly is what I said jumping down anybodies throat? :confused:

you called me hate filled....

I'm going over to the corner to have a little cry now... :( :pac:

I am aware it is Saturday night, I didn't really need that pointed out nor does it change my point. It could easily be interpreted as sayingas saying people are sad for being in on a Saturday night. Which could be saying "look they are no different to me" or something similar.

Talk about making a mountain out of molehill. I didn't jump down anybodies throat.

naa I don't think you're crazy fewc....you warned me off the milk thief. That proves a level of altruism that ensures you CAN'T be crazy

All I wanted was a cup of tea... but she drank every drop. She was welcome to all but a mouthful, I'm not a milk hoarder, but she was like a junkie who had to inject the full syringe. I hear the glazed look in her eyes marked her as a person possessed, otherwise Mags would have saved the day. Truly a story worthy of a song.

I am aware it is Saturday night, I didn't really need that pointed out nor does it change my point. It could easily be interpreted as sayingas saying people are sad for being in on a Saturday night. Which could be saying "look they are no different to me" or something similar.

Talk about making a mountain out of molehill. I didn't jump down anybodies throat.

yes, talk about a mountain and a molehill.

You mis read my comment, refuse to believe it could mean ANYTHING other than what you interpreted it to be, despite clarification, and yet you won't let it go....

I'm going back to my corner now.... :)

• Advertisement

All I wanted was a cup of tea... but she drank every drop. She was welcome to all but a mouthful, I'm not a milk hoarder, but she was like a junkie who had to inject the full syringe. I hear the glazed look in her eyes marked her as a person possessed, otherwise Mags would have saved the day. Truly a story worthy of a song.

She could be dangerous to have at a breakfast buffet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement