Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

hhhmmm I've been doing some interesting reading this evening.

I went through all the pages of matches for me on POF and the amount of guys matched to me that do not meet my criterion is unbelievable.

There are smokers in there, guys looking for intimate encounters, in different countries...

Does this happen with anyone else or is mine just broked?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

gatecrash wrote: »
    ....you warned me off the milk thief.

>.<

I will explain what actually happened at the beers!
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Truly a story worthy of a song.

You are not allowed to make a song that will live on the internet for all eternity! I is innocent.

Now baaaaack to online dating.
    Anyone ever end up mailing a cousin.....obviously you wouldn't have known until they sent ye a photo :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Stupid I'm not getting into a tit-for-tat with you over this, you misinterpreted what GC said and he has clarified his position since.

End of.

that's put me in my place :rolleyes:
    you called me hate filled....

I'm going over to the corner to have a little cry now... :( :pac:

no i didn't call you hate filled. i was saying your comment was.

anyway back on topic - i've noticed that all of the match results I have for the first 3/4 pages are the same all the time. really is a small world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

yes, talk about a mountain and a molehill.

You mis read my comment, refuse to believe it could mean ANYTHING other than what you interpreted it to be, despite clarification, and yet you won't let it go....

I'm going back to my corner now.... :)

This is my last comment on this. By saying it COULD be implied, that is hardly refusing to believe it could mean ANYTHING other than what I interpreted it to be. Like I have said numerous times, I was pointing out that it was a rational interpretation. That clearly does not rule out other interpretations. All I am defending are my posts and SUN's by association (where I was just pointing out what you possibly did not intend to say, which is actually the opposite of jumping down your throat).

I'm not refusing to believe your clarification, I don't really care. I'm just defending my initial right to infer a perfectly reasonable meaning to your post. Whether it is right or wrong is irrelevant. If you just calmly said, "actually I just mean X, sorry for the mix-up", I'd have said fair enough and returned to ogling Rachel Allen.

What I got in return was to called crazy and attacked. Yet we are the unreasonable pair. I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Peace and love people :D:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    >.<

You are not allowed to make a song that will live on the internet for all eternity! I is innocent.

Anyone ever end up mailing a cousin.....obviously you wouldn't have known until they sent ye a photo :pac:

Oh..... Oh god that's bad..... No, fortunately i've not done that.

However once upon a time a friend of my brother in laws younger brother stayed with my sister and the brother in law. He was there for 4 days after coming back from mainland europe or something but was waiting on his parents to come and collect him.... They knocked on the door and only at THAT point did my sister realise that her house guest was actually our cousin!!!

Reminder of mental note and crazy people......

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Peace and love people :D:o

Hi Denise... any word on the chicken-paddy?

hhhmmm I've been doing some interesting reading this evening.

I went through all the pages of matches for me on POF and the amount of guys matched to me that do not meet my criterion is unbelievable.

There are smokers in there, guys looking for intimate encounters, in different countries...

Does this happen with anyone else or is mine just broked?

I can't really say cos about the only criteria i have are no drugs.

:pac:

So, I just checked my hidden users list on OKCupid.

Wow, there's a lot of people on there.

• Advertisement

So, I just checked my hidden users list on OKCupid.

Wow, there's a lot of people on there.

do you have to set it up to hide people, or is it automatic?

do you have to set it up to hide people, or is it automatic?

You just click a button and it hides them. If I contact someone and they don't reply, I hide their profile, or if I know them and would rather not see them, or for various reasons like that. It's a really handy feature!

You just click a button and it hides them. If I contact someone and they don't reply, I hide their profile, or if I know them and would rather not see them, or for various reasons like that. It's a really handy feature!

wow that does sound handy. thanks!

Damn, that is a handy one!!! Would save an lot of inadvertent online stalking!! :pac:

It's one of the reasons why I find POF hard to use - you can't hide people, so there's no way of avoiding certain ones you don't want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It's one of the reasons why I find POF hard to use - you can't hide people, so there's no way of avoiding certain ones you don't want to see.

Yeah searching gets annoying when you continually see the same faces that either you have ignored or that have ignored you or that you just don't want to see for whatever reason. I liken it to de-cluttering the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    >.<

Ok, get Mags to explain it, because he does all the voices and tells it well.

I am 100% writing a song about it, it's what I do.

No, never emailed a cousin, though I have spotted a few old friends and said hello. They didn't reply... embarrassment all over the shop on their part I imagine.

Wow, that IS pretty handy. There's one girl that I keep getting matched with, but her profile is painfully pretentious and there's no physical attraction there... think she's going into the hide bin.

Hi Denise... any word on the chicken-paddy?

He probably just found someone waaay better than me eh GC???:P

No, no update, havent heard from him and havent text him, I'm happy to leave it at that but because of you guys I kinda want to know what the stpry is myself now!:D

He probably just found someone waaay better than me eh GC???:P

Oooooooh, never gonna live that one down GC! :D

Oooooooh, never gonna live that one down GC! :D

It still hurts, Im not going to lie to you, barely got through the day today due to constant thoughts of inadequacy everywhere I went!!

• Advertisement

It still hurts, Im not going to lie to you, barely got through the day today due to constant thoughts of inadequacy everywhere I went!!

Awww, is that because you tried to walk through the drive-through and it said "motorized vehicles only" ? Awww... *hugs*

Ok Denise, i'll ask ya out then and you can reject my ass too. Will that make up for it??

Ok Denise, i'll ask ya out then and you can reject my ass too. Will that make up for it??

It'll be a double whammy, cause I think I subtly tried to ask her out too :p:p

PoF needs some sort of forum for this kind of playful banter, how is anyone meant to truly convey themselves in a static page. Tough so it is, tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Lucky Denise gettin asked out by everyone :L

amandaf675 wrote: »
    Lucky Denise gettin asked out by everyone :L

It's what happens when she questions the bravery of the Irish male :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Ha, Irish men brave? More like cocky for the most part!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Controversial!!
    I think there can be a thin line between brave and cocky, luckily I'm shy so chances are I don't cross that line too often

So I bit the bullet and decided to go back to POF, but I'm already slightly disheartened by the people on there. Not too sure how long I can be bothered with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Well i joined POF thursday, and have a possible date tonight :D

• Advertisement

It'll be a double whammy, cause I think I subtly tried to ask her out too :p:p

PoF needs some sort of forum for this kind of playful banter, how is anyone meant to truly convey themselves in a static page. Tough so it is, tough.

:o:o:o Awwww you guys ;)
    I prefer the men in here to POF so far thats for sure!
    Yeah it would be great if there was some sort of chat room in POF like MBF (although the MBF one has usually less than 6 people in there!)

Must have been VERY subtle Fewcifur :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement