Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I think I made a mistake logging in to POF/unhiding my account today. got some mails/'meet you' requests. Just don't feel up to the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

gatecrash wrote: »
    Sometimes you need to actually be blunt and say sorry dude, not what I'm after

Not good at that at all!

Galvasean wrote: »
    I think I made a mistake logging in to POF/unhiding my account today. got some mails/'meet you' requests. Just don't feel up to the task.

Were you not seeing a few ladies a while back Galv?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

i was replying to everyone, but so sick of not getting pictures. For all i know it could be the lads at work making up accounts and having a laugh at me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Screw this online dating lark, I just got asked out by a customer.

Bit of a deal breaker him being gay and a lot older and me being straight and not into older men. Buy hey Gillo still has his mojo:cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    i was replying to everyone, but so sick of not getting pictures. For all i know it could be the lads at work making up accounts and having a laugh at me

Ah God, Im sure thats not the case! I dont reply if no picture, same way as in a bar or club you get to see the person in front of you so it has to be the same for online dating, its only fair!

Gillo wrote: »
    Screw this online dating lark, I just got asked out by a customer.

Bit of a deal breaker him being gay and a lot older and me being straight and not into older men. Buy hey Gillo still has his mojo:cool::cool::cool:

Ha ha ha love it!!! mojo is defo still there, gay men are quite choosy :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Not good at that at all!

You've still ignored me asking ya out, and it here in an open forum and all
    :(

You've still ignored me asking ya out, and it here in an open forum and all
    :(

Choosing to ignore the invites out! Woudl hate to fall out with any of you, when it turns out that I fancy you and you hate me! :D

Choosing to ignore the invites out! Woudl hate to fall out with any of you, when it turns out that I fancy you and you hate me! :D

So you'll answer mails, but ignore date requests.... You wimmins is CWAZYYY!!!

;);):p:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

No-one's asked me out on this forum :mad:

So you'll answer mails, but ignore date requests.... You wimmins is CWAZYYY!!!

;);):p:D:pac:

I told a guy how many weeks ago I would go on a date with him!!!??:mad:

anyway youre mean to me:(

Theyre only asking me out Snoopy because I accused men (based on POF experiences) of being afraid to actually go on a date, they all ask to meet up but takes way too long to actually get around to meeting up because they are chickens! :D:o

I told a guy how many weeks ago I would go on a date with him!!!??:mad:

anyway youre mean to me:(

I thought the whole idea of me asking you out was so you could bweak my ickle stone heart??

Snoopy, wait your turn.. Denise has to say no first.

And, no it's not a case of second best or anything like that, i'm just trying to prove that all men are not chickens....... or cocks.

Some of us are actually quite normal!!

Were you not seeing a few ladies a while back Galv?

Ah yes, but I made the foolish mistake of getting back with my ex recently, which put a stop to my online dating adventures. Prior to that I was going on regular dates, but to be honest I'm not sure I'm really that into dating lots of women like that. It, as some have said, feels like job hunting or something. Of course, the whole getting back with ex thing blew up in my face catastrophically so I thought to myself I'd hop right back in. Not working out so simple. Think I need a bit of 'being single' time TBH.
    Feel a bit bad as I had been getting along with some fairly nice people from online, but callously cast them aside once herself showed up on my radar.
    Stoopid Galva :o

Snoopy - will you go out with me?

I thought the whole idea of me asking you out was so you could bweak my ickle stone heart??

Why oh why would I want to break your heart!? I'd say I would be too much hard work for you, intense banter and sarcam are a specialty of mine, not to everyones taste apparently :D;)

Some of us are actually quite normal!!

Pfft, who wants to be normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Snoopy, will you go out with me? :D

• Advertisement

Getting serious for a second I've noticed an unusual trend.

When chatting with people around my own age there seems to be an underlying trend that we've all been cheated on.

Is it just that i've found women who have had that happen, or are a lot of the 30 something crowd victims of an old partner cheating?

I've had it happen, a mate who got married last year had it happen and was single for 8 years until he met his wifey 3 years ago

3 women i've met through these sites have had it happen, and we're all within 5 or 6 years of each other in age range.

Or am i analysing it too much??

I'm not asking for anyone to say whether or not it has happened to them, unless they want to, but i think it might be an interesting statistic....

Let her reject me first at least.

Stupid, you like ladies??

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ah yes, but I made the foolish mistake of getting back with my ex recently, which put a stop to my online dating adventures. Prior to that I was going on regular dates, but to be honest I'm not sure I'm really that into dating lots of women like that. It, as some have said, feels like job hunting or something. Of course, the whole getting back with ex thing blew up in my face catastrophically so I thought to myself I'd hop right back in. Not working out so simple. Think I need a bit of 'being single' time TBH.
    Feel a bit bad as I had been getting along with some fairly nice people from online, but callously cast them aside once herself showed up on my radar.
    Stoopid Galva :o

Aw sorry to hear it didnt work out with your ex. To be honest anyone would have done the same as you, of course you will give an ex priority over someone youve only just met. Youre probably better off to just hide your profile and as you said yourself have some 'single' time. Sounds like there has been a lot going on for you in the past few weeks.

*hugs*

Why oh why would I want to break your heart!? I'd say I would be too much hard work for you, intense banter and sarcam are a specialty of mine, not to everyones taste apparently :D;)

You want to break my heart cos i was mean to you.....inadvertently mean, but mean all the same!!

I have no problem with sarcasm, or banter.

Anyone who spends a bit of time on the internet on forums or dating sites NEEDS to have a thick skin!! :)

When chatting with people around my own age there seems to be an underlying trend that we've all been cheated on.

Is it just that i've found women who have had that happen, or are a lot of the 30 something crowd victims of an old partner cheating?

I've had it happen, a mate who got married last year had it happen and was single for 8 years until he met his wifey 3 years ago

3 women i've met through these sites have had it happen, and we're all within 5 or 6 years of each other in age range.

Or am i analysing it too much??

I'm not asking for anyone to say whether or not it has happened to them, unless they want to, but i think it might be an interesting statistic....

Ive never been cheated on so I dont have that to fall back on so Im obviously single for a whole host of other more sinister reasons that have yet to come to light :(

you mean is there a trend between people who've been cheated on and... being single in your 30's? or what?
    Let her reject me first at least.

nope. in i dash. :D
    Stupid, you like ladies??

who doesn't :cool:

Ive never been cheated on so I dont have that to fall back on so Im obviously single for a whole host of other more sinister reasons that have yet to come to light :(

Sarcasm and banter not being to everyones taste!! :)

who doesn't :cool:

Gay men.

• Advertisement

Gay men.

of course they do, they love women, to go shopping with and get their nails painted

/stereotyping

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement