Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

gatecrash wrote: »
    Sarcasm and banter not being to everyones taste!! :)

there you go again,,, always out to hurt :mad::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

you mean is there a trend between people who've been cheated on and... being single in your 30's? or what?

Yes. People who've been in serious relationships, getting stomped on like that, it takes a while to get back in the game, back to a level of being able to trust someone.

I'm just wondering is there a trend of that or just that i've been attracted to the unlucky ones.......and i don't include my mate in the being attracted bit!!

Denisejcc wrote: »
    there you go again,,, always out to hurt :mad::P

:o

<HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yes. People who've been in serious relationships, getting stomped on like that, it takes a while to get back in the game, back to a level of being able to trust someone.

I'm just wondering is there a trend of that or just that i've been attracted to the unlucky ones.......and i don't include my mate in the being attracted bit!!

hmm. my first boyfriend was cheating on me towards the end, but didn't figure it out till after, but in my head i don't count myself as having been cheated on :confused:

having said that, i think there's a lot that can happen outside of cheating that could make someone not trust people.

hmmmm i wonder would this cheescake and choc chip cookies Ive made make up for my shortcomings, maybe I should put my baking skills on my profile, wonder would it make a difference :confused::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Galvasean wrote: »
    Of course, the whole getting back with ex thing blew up in my face catastrophically so I thought to myself I'd hop right back in. Not working out so simple. Think I need a bit of 'being single' time TBH.
    Feel a bit bad as I had been getting along with some fairly nice people from online, but callously cast them aside once herself showed up on my radar.
    Stoopid Galva :o

Sorry to hear about that Galvasean. Don't bother with online dating until you're 100% ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

me wrote:
    I must admit it gave me some serious thrust issues

Haha, that should read 'trust', not 'thrust'. Epic Freudian slip :pac:

hmm. my first boyfriend was cheating on me towards the end, but didn't figure it out till after, but in my head i don't count myself as having been cheated on :confused:

having said that, i think there's a lot that can happen outside of cheating that could make someone not trust people.

So I've just been unlucky? Fairy nuff. I was just wondering

I really do think cheating in its various forms is very commonplace. I recall one of the larger forums on boards.ie (can't remember if it was TLL or AH) ran a poll asking if you have ever or would ever cheat on a partner. IIRC over 40% admitted they have cheated in the past and/or would do it at some point.

well i'm just one person here, not claiming to have the answers.
    I really do think cheating in its various forms is very commonplace. I recall one of the larger forums on boards.ie (can't remember if it was TLL or AH) ran a poll asking if you have ever or would ever cheat on a partner. IIRC over 40% admitted they have cheated in the past and/or would do it at some point.

yeah that was in AH. remember being astonished at the figures too. though moreso at the amount that said they would.

• Advertisement

yeah that was in AH. remember being astonished at the figures too. though moreso at the amount that said they would.

Yeah ditto. I mean there were a lot of people who said things along the lines of "I did once when I was younger, felt awful about it and would never do it again" which I guess is fair enough. But the amount that said they would given the opportunity truly made me despair for humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Snoopy - will you go out with me?

Awww bless you for asking :D

How very odd - some messages don't seem to be sending to certain people. It's happened twice, where I would type out a message on POF, click send and when I go to my "sent" folder, it's not there. They have no filters that I can see and I'm not blocked.

Well, I figured out why one of them wouldn't send - I was telling them about a movie called Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull story, and it must have activated some sort of filter.

How very odd - some messages don't seem to be sending to certain people. It's happened twice, where I would type out a message on POF, click send and when I go to my "sent" folder, it's not there. They have no filters that I can see and I'm not blocked.

Well, I figured out why one of them wouldn't send - I was telling them about a movie called Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull story, and it must have activated some sort of filter.

Dont worry it got to me safely :D

Yep, 'cock' is a filtered word. I've seen it censored on people's profiles.

Dont worry it got to me safely :D

Ha, it would be funny if it was you. Everyone else seems to have inadvertently emailed other boardsies.

Whoops, I only thought about that afterwards - it is a great movie though.

of course they do, they love women, to go shopping with and get their nails painted

/stereotyping
    Yep, 'cock' is a filtered word. I've seen it censored on people's profiles.

Well that'll explain that then.

Same thig happened me yesterday too

Well that'll explain that then.

Same thig happened me yesterday too

you emailed a lady on POF and used the word 'cock'??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Everyone else seems to have inadvertently emailed other boardsies.

Yep. Done that. Only found out after the fact though.

Has anyone mail me inadvertently (im feeling v left out)

• Advertisement

you emailed a lady on POF and used the word 'cock'??:confused:

Nope. A mail got blocked or something. Came up with the message being sent successfully, but wasn't in sent items. I was talking about athletic clubs, but don't recall using a swear word. Not exactly first mail etiquette in fairness!!

Snoopy1 wrote: »

Dont worry Snoopy1 , no boardsie [that Im aware of ] has emailed me either :D

Send me your profile and I'll mail you inadvertently ...

you've said your username is snoopy1? there's one on POF but she's in Georgia, and another on OKC she's in the UK.

you've said your username is snoopy1? there's one on POF but she's in Georgia, and another on OKC she's in the UK.

Oooh... *sits back to watch the romance unfold*

Gate Crash found me, and he's nice and attractive :o

Gate Crash found me, and he's nice and attractive :o

Wooooohooooooo!!!!

Cough, ahem

Bit of decorum there old chap!

1Snoopy on POF

1Snoopy on POF

wow, you're gorgeous!

• Advertisement

Apparently you're not looking for my age or gender. Ho-hum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement