Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

wow, you're gorgeous!

Sits back and takes the compliments :D
    (am i really?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

wow, you're gorgeous!

OI!!

i spotted her first!! ;):D

Apparently you're not looking for my age or gender. Ho-hum.

Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If a guy dressed as a robot viewed your profile don't be alarmed, its just me being nosey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Apparently you're not looking for my age or gender. Ho-hum.

she is looking for a man????:confused:

• Advertisement

I never look at who looks at my photo, its all about the messaging for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i see you had a day out at wimbledon

Im a massive tennis fan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

You are gorgeous Snoopy :D

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    (am i really?)

Eh... That's a Hell Yeah!

• Advertisement

Surely if some blocks you/you block them, they should then vanish from your "Viewed Me" section?

I reckon about now poor Snoopy is getting bombarded with mails!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Denisejcc wrote: »
    You are gorgeous Snoopy :D

Did you ask Mr.texer about meeting up or is he still giving you the brush off?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Damn this thread moves fast. Time for the re-re-rewind...
    Must have been VERY subtle Fewcifur :P

What can I say, I'm a ninja.
    I'm browsing through the profiles on POF and something that astounds me is just how badly the majority of them are written! From text speak to bad grammar to just an inability to describe themselves in any coherent manner.

It's actually unbelievable. I will never email a girl with txt speak or an absolute lack of grammar. One lady even made up her own words... or so I thought until I pronounced them and realised she just typed as she spoke. Eep!
    Galvasean wrote: »
    A lot of profiles on POF say things like "I'm looking for a man who has the same interests as me" and then don't even bother to state what those interests are. Perplexing.

Yeah, this kills me, or when they say "Don't just say Hi" but give you absolutely nothing to go on.

Actually im very good at responding. I respond to most emails
    No-one's asked me out on this forum :mad:
    Dont worry Snoopy1 , no boardsie [that Im aware of ] has emailed me either :D
    Gate Crash found me, and he's nice and attractive :o

I'm lumping the above into the "Oh my god Snoopy just broke my heart" category, where I say "but but but... I found you" and then "why do you not respond to my playful messages" and other such tear jerking moments.
    hmmmm i wonder would this cheescake and choc chip cookies Ive made make up for my shortcomings, maybe I should put my baking skills on my profile, wonder would it make a difference confused.gifbiggrin.gif

You should definitely include it on your profile. I have the fact that I like to cook on mine... not that it's done me any good. I actually get nearly no messages, I think I might have to replace all my rockstar photos with more normal ones. Here was I thinking that being on stage might be somewhat exotic or interesting :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

I have actually given up emailing girls first, probably a stupid approach, but got fed up sending mails that weren't getting replied to :P at least when they email first at least there's a bit of interest i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

E harmony dating site ad.....

Would ya date her lads ??? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hkcIQxLeVk&feature=related

Doesn't like cats enough for me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

gatecrash wrote: »
    No probs, but it's always worth remembering to not be too interrogatory.

I went on a date once where instead of actually getting to know the girl she had a mental checklist of questions that NEEDED to be answered

I felt like i had done something wrong, something to deeply offend this woman's entire family in the past!! :p

1) Do you have kids...... My answer was none that i know about or pay for.. strangely this didn't go down too well
    2) Have you got a mortgage..... No, i didn't
    3) Do you plan on getting one... Yes, eventually, again not what she wanted to hear
    4) Have you got a pension plan? VHI? .... Cue Gatecrash frantically looking for the doors and wondering WHY OH WHY did i not tee someone up to ring me after 15 minutes just in case!!!... my actual answer was, are these the types of questions you normally ask on a first date??
    The questions continued like this for a good while, until i suggested cinema.... anything to shut her up!!

Suffice it to say after the date, i walked her to her car and said goodnight. The next day i got a text from her saying she didn't think we were compatible. Damn near fell off my chair with the laughter!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHh that is exactly what it was like. Criteria I NEEDED to meet, even including things I would find unimportant, certainly at this point, and in some cases at any point, of a relationship.

Obviously I think it is fine for the person on the first date to check if you are really who you say, and see if you click a bit and that, but otherwise I would be inclined to be more relaxed and go with the flow, and take time over the first few dates to get to know someone, and whether there might be something longer-term in it.

But in this case it was like he wanted to see if we agreed on so many things, like I should be like him or something, rather than see who I was and what I was like, and just for me be my own person. Almost like he expected to know on the first date whether we would still be together a few years down the road :eek:.

The funny thing is, he was so concerned about me meeting his criteria he seemed to forget that to some extent (though I would not be as fussy/anal as he was being) he would need to meet some of my expectations also.

After reading about your experience, and talking to a friend of mine today, I am starting to think this one really is not for me, though I will meet him one more time (partly as it is already arranged) before making my mind up. Luckily it will be the cinema so I won't have to put up with non-stop talking/interrogation on the night :p if he is still like that, which he probably will be.

Will we be going out in 2-3 years time :eek:
    that kinda stuff would drive me nuts.

Still only gate Crash mailing me :D

• Advertisement

flatnn wrote: »

I'm more concerned with the next 2-3 hours to be honest!!!

See what happens after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

flatnn wrote: »

Hi, flatnn, I should have been clearer, he didn't actually ask that (I would have run for the hills if he had) but I think he may have been thinking along those lines.

Hi, Just ask, CRAZY CAT LADY doesn't quite begin to describe that woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Aww just got an email telling me someone added me to their favourites. Which one of ya'all was it?

Still only gate Crash mailing me :D

Hope that's not a bad thing!! lol

Fewcifur, im sorry. i didnt mean to break your heart

gatecrash wrote: »
    Hope that's not a bad thing!! lol

Of course not :o:p

hmmm the way forward seems to be posting your username up here...

not gonna do it myself lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ablogger

I'm new to Boards...how does this work?

you send messages to girls you think are hawt & then they don't wb :cool:

• Advertisement

ablogger wrote: »
    I'm new to Boards...how does this work?

Post your username up here!!!

KIDDING!!!!

Some of us use this as a venting area, some of us, some of use this as a what should i do cut-n-run or stay in there question area, it's really what you make of it.

If you are new to boards then welcome.

Some fora will be a little bit overwhelming at first, just stick with it and remember, none of us know who you are!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement