Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Galvasean wrote: »
    Okay this might sound mad, but some day we should organise a charity event and auction off the various men of tGC for dates. It worked in the Simpsons.

You know you could be onto something there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

gatecrash wrote: »
    So we're finished arguing about kids, lets bring up this one again??

I JOKE!!!!

Lon Dubh has arranged a date with this lad, their third i think, she does not want to go through with it. Should she mail him, or just stand him up?

Mail is the best option. Not to turn up to an arranged meet is even more rude than the no reply.

They probably hadn't read all the preceeding posts. No I would never stand anyone up, no matter what I thought of them. Sent the e-mail, and like Gillo said it is not like a proper break-up or anything, but still hard to do as I am a big softie.

Lon Dubh wrote: »
    They probably hadn't read all the preceeding posts. No I would never stand anyone up, no matter what I thought of them. Sent the e-mail, and like Gillo said it is not like a proper break-up or anything, but still hard to do as I am a big softie.

Ah he'll get over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Lon Dubh wrote: »

Oh I had read your posts, mine about the "thanks but no thanks" emails wasn't connected to your situation. I was just using Galvasean's post as a spring board for my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You know you could be onto something there! :D

Of course you all know when my number came up an intense bidding war between Maguined and Fewcifur would ensue, resulting in buck buck$ for the charity.
    Hmm, perhaps that could be an idea for the Santa Strike Force? Who do we ask about that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Of course you all know when my number came up an intense bidding war between Maguined and Fewcifur would ensue, resulting in buck buck$ for the charity.
    Hmm, perhaps that could be an idea for the Santa Strike Force? Who do we ask about that?

you're the mod here! an admin or someone i suppose. though dunno that they'd go for it really.

you're the mod here! an admin or someone i suppose. though dunno that they'd go for it really.

Well, they let me do stand up comedy on a stage in front of 160 people, so they seem pretty open mined :cool:

Well, they let me do stand up comedy on a stage in front of 160 people, so they seem pretty open mined :cool:

yeah, but i think when you move on to selling people, it might be a different game to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

Oh I had read your posts, mine about the "thanks but no thanks" emails wasn't connected to your situation. I was just using Galvasean's post as a spring board for my post.

Yeah, that was what I had thought you might have meant. Yes I can see from people's posts here why they would not reply to people they have never met on the online dating sites as it seems to sometimes lead to more and more e-mails from the same person trying to argue them into a date.

One thing I can't understand about pof is the amount of absolutely caustic profiles on it, some profiles I've read, you'd want to be mad to contact the author.

Is it the same for girls, like do you find guys have very defensive profiles up???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm after getting my first private mail in AGEEEEEEEES on OKC, it was a bit of a one liner though, will I bother answering, ara I'll decide tomorrow!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

<Im now banned from tGC because Im being a sleaze.>

One thing I can't understand about pof is the amount of absolutely caustic profiles on it, some profiles I've read, you'd want to be mad to contact the author.

Is it the same for girls, like do you find guys have very defensive profiles up???

no not at all I don't think. i've looked through girls ones, and by jebus they're scary. have seen some **** mens ones, but that's generally just from text speak (shudders) or lack of information, normal things, but not from defensiveness like you'd see with some girls profiles.

yeah, but i think when you move on to selling people, it might be a different game to consider.

We're not selling them, just portioning off their time in exchange for charitable donations [/loophole] :pac:
    Of course there would have to be stipulations to prevent mad stuff from happening. I've never heard of this being done in Ireland. Maybe it's an American thing?
    I just remembered it was in Frasier too :)
    papagormo wrote: »
    I'm after getting my first private mail in AGEEEEEEEES on OKC, it was a bit of a one liner though, will I bother answering, ara I'll decide tomorrow!:D

I dunno.... is she hawt? :pac:

We're not selling them, just portioning off their time in exchange for charitable donations [/loophole] :pac:
    Of course there would have to be stipulations to prevent mad stuff from happening. I've never heard of this being done in Ireland. Maybe it's an American thing?
    I just remembered it was in Frasier too :)

i'm not knocking it, i think it'd be mad to have something like that, but i'm just saying i can't really see it happening. but go for it anyway!

Alright, Galvasean has a new pet project! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I dunno.... is she hawt? :pac:

Suppose shes....Mehhh...
    (jaysus, you would sware I was something special to look at myself!:D)

I saw this charity thing being done in a company I used to work in, basically if you volunteered, you became a house slave for a day! So there would be an auction day and you'd be bid for, and whoever bid the most got to take you home and got you to do the gardening for the day or sort out the garage or something along those lines... Nice way to meet someone! :D

i know it's not something i'd like to do, but how would ye feel about it?

i know it's not something i'd like to do, but how would ye feel about it?

If some cracker put herself up for a spot of house cleaning, I'm sure I could borrow from the Trocaire Box! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Shane St. permanently banned.

For anyone else reading that isnt familiar with tGC,a VERY dim view is taken in relation to people posting their phone numbers or personal contact details,particularly when they post looking for "a bit of fun".

Shane St. permanently banned.

For anyone else reading that isnt familiar with tGC,a VERY dim view is taken in relation to people posting their phone numbers or personal contact details,particularly when they post looking for "a bit of fun".

On to Plan B for me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have to say I have found OKC to be the most disappointing site of them all. Maybe people just dont know about it but there doesn't seem to be many on it - well my age anyway! :rolleyes:

If you want a bit of fun, this is THE place to look, not TGC http://www.claralara.com/ :pac:

Anyway...Dovies what age group were you looking for?

If you want a bit of fun, this is THE place to look, not TGC http://www.claralara.com/ :pac:

40ish I guess - Im 43.
    Everyone on OKC seems to be much younger.

Dovies wrote: »
    40ish I guess - Im 43.

Yeah I think OKC probably suits 25-35 best. I've heard people mention connecting singles as being good for your age range. I've no idea myself, but a few have said it here.

oh sweet jebus, that's an awful awful website. oh my eyes.
    40ish I guess - Im 43.

would you try match.com?

Not convinced the paid sites are any better than the free ones to be honest.

Not convinced the paid sites are any better than the free ones to be honest.

yeah i know, i wasn't saying it cause it's paid though, i just thought there was more likely to be a more suitable age group there.

• Advertisement

yeah i know, i wasn't saying it cause it's paid though, i just thought there was more likely to be a more suitable age group there.

Jaysus I really feel past it now!! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement