Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭I made the BBC

The Gnome wrote: »
    Well I'm definitely not one...

Or am I...

>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

This thread is like an episode of Friends directed by Woody Allen.

Just sayin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

This thread is like an episode of Friends directed by Woody Allen.

Just sayin'.

If you have nothing to add to the thread other than snarky comments,dont bother posting in it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

If you have nothing to add to the thread other than snarky comments,dont bother posting in it at all.

Sorry - but meant as a complement

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭BigProblem

do you have to pay for Ok Cupid? Ive been on pof but didnt find it much use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

BigProblem wrote: »
    do you have to pay for Ok Cupid? Ive been on pof but didnt find it much use.

Nope OKC is free same as pof

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I always filter by who's been online in the past month or something. makes sense really. you should do that.

Good thinking Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

gatecrash wrote: »
    If you are really not sure then it's unfair on her.

but it's your call

I decided against it in the finish up. I'm taking some time out from the wimmin to focus on my career... seems to be working actually!
    gatecrash wrote: »
    I didn't mean that as a pop at him

I know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

very quiet in here today not the usual, got a girls number, then text her so she would have mine later that night, and got nothing back, i really know how to attract them same thing as last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

manafana wrote: »
    very quiet in here today not the usual, got a girls number, then text her so she would have mine later that night, and got nothing back, i really know how to attract them same thing as last one.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, she may just be busy.not everyone has their phone with them 24/7, i'm one of them, and it annoys me when someone expects me to write back / call back straight away. she gave you her number, so she's at least somewhat interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I wouldn't worry about it too much, she may just be busy.not everyone has their phone with them 24/7, i'm one of them, and it annoys me when someone expects me to write back / call back straight away. she gave you her number, so she's at least somewhat interested :)

I agree. You got a number so that's a positive! :)

also manafana you probably should leave her be till she gets back to you. i mean, give her a bit of space and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

manafana wrote: »
    or just playin hard to get?

ah yeah, id be kind to not always text back but generally clear it before id go bed, think it will me trying impress on first date, not having much sucess with replies really, maybe im bit boring as i make it clear i like the odd drink but im not one for going on lash very often.

also manafana you probably should leave her be till she gets back to you. i mean, give her a bit of space and that.

yeah i will be doing this learned with the last one, i probably did text her once to often as she had habit going off map, but slightly different as she used text back then wouldnt as much, whereas this one i wouldnt worry much as havnt meet yet so will see after we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

tell her you like collect phone cards, what a catch o baby!

I've been sending loads of people messages with just the words "Knock Knock" for the last little while.

I'm not doing it properly am I? :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    I've been sending loads of people messages with just the words "Knock Knock" for the last little while.

I'm not doing it properly am I? :pac:

If that was to me,and I looked at your profile,thought you were good looking i'd reply. Nothing wrong with it exactly.

If that was to me,and I looked at your profile,thought you were good looking i'd reply. Nothing wrong with it exactly.

I'm hoping they'll say "who's there?"

:)

Epic joke lined up. :pac:

I'm hoping they'll say "who's there?"

:)

Epic joke lined up. :pac:

:eek: but who is there?

:pac:

• Advertisement

:eek: but who is there?

:pac:

Doorbell repair man.

Yikes, some girl told me that I was about as funny as cancer.....

I was giving her the A material. THE A MATERIAL!!!

No wonder she's single... Bitch. :pac:

You should tell her saying things are as funny as cancer is about the most unoriginal putdown any comedian has ever had to experience.

Maybe ease off a little on the humour when you first contact girls. They may think you're just taking the píss and not serious at all..

Larianne wrote: »
    Maybe ease off a little on the humour when you first contact girls. They may think you're just taking the píss and not serious at all..

Perhaps.

OR it could be a quickfire way of eliminating those who lack your zany sense of humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Larianne wrote: »

So you're saying... I can lay all my rejections down to this rookie error on my part? Niiiiice! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Zany sense of humour FTW! \o/

Galvasean wrote: »
    OR it could be a quickfire way of eliminating those who lack your zany sense of humour?

Maybe. If I'm talking to girls face to face for the first time I'd usually come out with something like that.

If they don't reciprocate then that's fine but there are others that do and we have a laugh.

I'm treating this whole online thing the same as I would usually act on a face to face basis when I'm out and about.

Yeah people may not like it and it's easy to ignore somebody online but more often than not thus far, I've got a replay and we've gotten a good bit of banter going.

• Advertisement

Perhaps.

Or write something about your humour in your profile, so they know you ain't taking the pee?

I know you're bloody hilarious ;) but a girl can get a lot of ridiculous messages. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement