Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Oh God, im back on POF :D

There may be trouble ahead....but while there's....

\ dances out of thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

themadchef wrote: »
    Oh God, im back on POF :D

There may be trouble ahead....but while there's....

\ dances out of thread :pac:

Not sure why but I'm in knots laughing at this....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That_Guy wrote: »
    Yeah people may not like it and it's easy to ignore somebody online but more often than not thus far, I've got a replay and we've gotten a good bit of banter going.

Well if it's true to your actual character and it is working for you I see no reason why you should change your approach.
    No single approach will work on all women, so you're best off using the one that best represents reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

Got a message from a decent looking girl that I'm pretty sure she must use as a copy and paste! describes all her work etc without asking about me and also doesn't say my name at the start!

Should I wb and be nice or be cheeky and call her on it :cool:

flatnn wrote: »
    Got a message from a decent looking girl that I'm pretty sure she must use as a copy and paste! describes all her work etc without asking about me and also doesn't say my name at the start!

Should I wb and be nice or be cheeky and call her on it :cool:

Does it start off with,

"To whom it may concern?"

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That_Guy wrote: »
    Does it start off with,

"To whom it may concern?"

:pac:

PMSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

"Hi how are you? Is the site going well for you so far?" :cool:

Yeah lots of dates, but I could fit you in...maybe

JK this is my first ever message

flatnn wrote: »
    "Hi how are you? Is the site going well for you so far?" :cool:

Yeah lots of dates, but I could fit you in...maybe

Say this:

"The site is going ok, although the javascript could really use a touching up or two. What kind of amateurs do they have working here?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I forgot to come back and tell you about my date, im sorry

Tell us! :D

• Advertisement

Very well ;)

Yeah, we only tend to moan and bitch in this thread. Had a feeling it was good. Yay. :)

Which guy was this?

The guy i met on Sunday

Oh yes, sorry I forgot.

Had a date Sunday too. :) Soooooooooo........ more dates then??

Ooh how did you get on?

Out again Friday. This will be date no. 4. Number 3 wasn't much of a date as I was soo hungover. Oops. :o

Date 4 with the same guy?

Yep.

Oooh well done you :)
    Ive had 4 dates this week :D

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Oooh well done you :)
    Ive had 4 dates this week :D

:eek: Same guy or different?

Are you not wrecked??? :D

• Advertisement

Same Guy, and now im in work. :(

oooh Woohoo! Yay! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

4 dates.... since sunday....with the same guy... that's not dating... that's relationshipping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

That's riding.

In fairness.

Goddamnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Jesus and I can't even get one date! :(

That's riding.

In fairness.

Goddamnit.

Ehh... Gentlemen's Club... we don't use crass words like riding in here...

They are have relations...

;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Chickaroo

Have been on 2 dates from POF and both didn't go too good. Neither bloke looked like they did on their profile pics :( plus one of them sounded like his balls hadn't dropped yet.......nuff said!!

Now I understand why people ask for more pics if there is only one on display!! I would say I will ask for more pics in future but I have given up already on the online dating, I lasted a grand total of 7 weeks on it!!

Best of luck to those brave enough to continue fishing ;)

Chickaroo wrote: »
    Have been on 2 dates from POF and both didn't go too good. Neither bloke looked like they did on their profile pics :( plus one of them sounded like his balls hadn't dropped yet.......nuff said!!

Now I understand why people ask for more pics if there is only one on display!! I would say I will ask for more pics in future but I have given up already on the online dating, I lasted a grand total of 7 weeks on it!!

Best of luck to those brave enough to continue fishing ;)

I honestly think there is a 'window', and it seems to be around the 2 month mark, before people get disillusioned. At that stage, you have probably contacted people who you would be attracted to, and in the cases where there has been a response, either arranged dates or it has died a natural death.

After that you are seeing the same people online all the time, and it just gets uninteresting. At that point it's best off to leave for a while, then come back in a few months, see if there have been any new fish introduced to the pond!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Chickaroo

gatecrash wrote: »
    I honestly think there is a 'window', and it seems to be around the 2 month mark, before people get disillusioned. At that stage, you have probably contacted people who you would be attracted to, and in the cases where there has been a response, either arranged dates or it has died a natural death.

After that you are seeing the same people online all the time, and it just gets uninteresting. At that point it's best off to leave for a while, then come back in a few months, see if there have been any new fish introduced to the pond!! :)

Totally agree, I definitely got disillusioned especially when I met the guys and they were not what I was expecting!! Oh well......

Also I think the reason I cancelled my account was because one of the fellas I went on a date with wanted to see me again and I didn't feel the same so instead of the awkwardness of being online at the same time etc etc I bailed!!

Has anyone a recent success story? I see some of the girlies are on their 3rd or 4th date which is so exciting :) might try OKC in a few weeks!!

• Advertisement

Chickaroo wrote: »
    Totally agree, I definitely got disillusioned especially when I met the guys and they were not what I was expecting!! Oh well......

Also I think the reason I cancelled my account was because one of the fellas I went on a date with wanted to see me again and I didn't feel the same so instead of the awkwardness of being online at the same time etc etc I bailed!!

Has anyone a recent success story? I see some of the girlies are on their 3rd or 4th date which is so exciting :) might try OKC in a few weeks!!

I think it's just the women who are doing well! :(

I had a few dates with the same girl few weeks ago, where I would have liked to see her again, but she reckoned things wouldn't work out, and i gotta admit, for the first few times seeing her online after that there was an element of :(, but then i remembered that i'm 35 and to stop acting like a child!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement