Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

gatecrash wrote: »
    I think it's just the women who are doing well! :(

:)

Maybe some are but not all :(
    Think Im just fed up with it to be honest - same faces all the time. A long break is needed and start again with a fresh outlook! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Chickaroo

Dovies wrote: »
    Maybe some are but not all :(
    Think Im just fed up with it to be honest - same faces all the time. A long break is needed and start again with a fresh outlook! :rolleyes:

+ 1

My sentiments exactly, I do hear of all these great success stories and wonder am I doing it wrong haha

Gatecrash, sorry to hear your budding romance didn't work out, fair play to you for sticking with it, me on the other hand took the easy route and cancelled my profile haha I am crap at telling someone that I wasn't really "feeling" it after a date, esp when they express an interest in seeing you again, I just can't do it I do feel too bad about it.....

I think I may start my cat collection early.......I am gonna make a GREAT cat lady, I just know it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Chickaroo wrote: »
    + 1

My sentiments exactly, I do hear of all these great success stories and wonder am I doing it wrong haha

Gatecrash, sorry to hear your budding romance didn't work out, fair play to you for sticking with it, me on the other hand took the easy route and cancelled my profile haha I am crap at telling someone that I wasn't really "feeling" it after a date, esp when they express an interest in seeing you again, I just can't do it I do feel too bad about it.....

I think I may start my cat collection early.......I am gonna make a GREAT cat lady, I just know it :o

Who said anything about sticking with it!! :D

My paid subscription to AF expires in a week, after that it's break time!!

+ 1

I already have a cat - hmm think there is an animal section on here wher I can get a few more! :rolleyes:;)

Who said anything about sticking with it!! :D

My paid subscription to AF expires in a week, after that it's break time!!

Aww and there was me thinking you were a little trooper haha

Whats AF? Was it any use overall?

Heading off on holliers tomorrow so I may do a Shirely Valentine with a Portuguese waiter ha

• Advertisement

Aww and there was me thinking you were a little trooper haha

Whats AF? Was it any use overall?

Heading off on holliers tomorrow so I may do a Shirely Valentine with a Portuguese waiter ha

Good lord no, I'm off with my tail between my legs!! :)

POF was really bad for replies in my opinion. The only replies i got were from 3 girls i got chatting to here, and two other 1 line polite "Thanks for the interest but no thanks" mails

AF is Another Friend. Not bad, and the age range is fairly wide, from 19 yr olds to one 76 yr old.
    Not sure about the blokes though, I'm sure you'll forgive me for not checking them out!! :D

I certainly got a lot more response from AF, even from one girl i spotted on POF who didn't reply on POF but was quite engaging on AF :confused:

The Irish Times dating site piggy backs AF too

Good lord no, I'm off with my tail between my legs!! :)

POF was really bad for replies in my opinion. The only replies i got were from 3 girls i got chatting to here, and two other 1 line polite "Thanks for the interest but no thanks" mails

AF is Another Friend. Not bad, and the age range is fairly wide, from 19 yr olds to one 76 yr old.
    Not sure about the blokes though, I'm sure you'll forgive me for not checking them out!! :D

I certainly got a lot more response from AF, even from one girl i spotted on POF who didn't reply on POF but was quite engaging on AF :confused:

The Irish Times dating site piggy backs AF too

Yeah I found POF quite bad especially for the opening emails you receive, I hated people who send just "Hi" as their first message, like seriously what are they expecting back, its so lazy!! Even if someone said Hi to me on the street I would just say Hi back and keep on walking........

76yo on dating sites?? Now you should use those guys as your inspiration, they are old and wrinkly but are still hanging on in there ;)

Yeah I found POF quite bad especially for the opening emails you receive, I hated people who send just "Hi" as their first message, like seriously what are they expecting back, its so lazy!! Even if someone said Hi to me on the street I would just say Hi back and keep on walking........

76yo on dating sites?? Now you should use those guys as your inspiration, they are old and wrinkly but are still hanging on in there ;)

Sorry, not being ageist, but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW at using a 76 yr old for inspiration for ANYTHING to do with dating!! lol

Sorry, not being ageist, but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW at using a 76 yr old for inspiration for ANYTHING to do with dating!! lol

76 year olds need lurve too!!! Not by me but someone Im sure! :eek:

76 year olds need lurve too!!! Not by me but someone Im sure! :eek:

There's an idea for a dating site.... Old And Wrinkly . com!!

• Advertisement

There's an idea for a dating site.... Old And Wrinkly . com!!

Ah would the idea of giving them a bed bath not turn you on?? Lifting the wrinkles and giving them a good scrubbling?? Ewww I actually made myself a bit sick there!!!

Ah the poor auld wrinklies, they are not long for this this life......

But what I meant was even I admire their perseverance in finding Love even in their latter stages of life.....I think its sweet......not sweet enough to date them, hell no that'd just be creepy dating someone 47yrs older than me...yuck,yuck,yuck!!

Ah would the idea of giving them a bed bath not turn you on?? Lifting the wrinkles and giving them a good scrubbling?? Ewww actually I actually made myself a bit sick there!!!

Ah the poor auld wrinklies, they are not long for this this life......

But what I meant was even I admire their perseverance in finding Love even in their latter stages of life.....I think its sweet......not sweet enough to date them, hell no that'd just be creepy dating someone 47yrs older than me...yuck,yuck,yuck!!

*grabs calculator to work out chickaroo's age.....*

Heeey...... How YOU doin'??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

/lurks

do I smell a 76yo sugar daddy grandaddy :cool:

Misticles wrote: »
    /lurks

do I smell a 76yo sugar daddy grandaddy :cool:

I'm only 46 years older!! -40 years

*grabs calculator to work out chickaroo's age.....*

Heeey...... How YOU doin'??

Ah now come on, surely ya didn't really need a calcumalator to work that one out ;) haha

And I am doing great......alls the better for meeting you hotstuff ;) :cool: hahaha

Ah now come on, surely ya didn't really need a calcumalator to work that one out ;) haha

And I am doing great......alls the better for meeting you hotstuff ;) :cool: hahaha

I only learned how to count to 11 after i discovered a hole in my sock!!

Anyways, how does you know i'm hot?? Are you spying on me??? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think you guys should PM each other! :D

Anyways, how does you know i'm hot?? Are you spying on me??? :p

Ermmmmm, no!! I promise!!! ;)

**runs off to stash the binoculors/night vision goggles etc..**

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Larianne wrote: »
    I think you guys should PM each other! :D

Tempting.

My message will contain the following:

"Meet me at 3pm on Friday at Waterloo Station. Bring a packed lunch and abowler hat"

Espionage dating FTW.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Tempting.

My message will contain the following:

"Meet me at 3pm on Friday at Waterloo Station. Bring a packed lunch and abowler hat"

Espionage dating FTW.

Ah stingy hole, would ya not splash out on a proper lunch......or at the very least a roll from Spar :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah stingy hole, would ya not splash out on a proper lunch......or at the very least a roll from Spar :(

Were you reading my first date preferences on POF? :eek:

I think it may just be a ruse so he can spot you!!

Make sure you have a poison tipped umbrella!

That_Guy wrote: »
    Were you reading my first date preferences on POF? :eek:

Well at least it wasnt a walk on the beach! Seriously- a walk on the beach!! :confused:

Well at least it wasnt a walk on the beach! Seriously- a walk on the beach!! :confused:

I wouldn't mind a walk on the beach...... In Nice or somewhere warm like that!!

I wouldn't mind a walk on the beach...... In Nice or somewhere warm like that!!

Yeah but not dollymount! :eek:

Yeah but not dollymount! :eek:

Dollymount you say..... Hate to sound fussy, but naaaaaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Have a connectinsingles account. Haven't used in months. Got a mail this morning out of the blue so logged in to take a peep. Somebody from Thailand saying hello. Shouldn't have logged in as I've been getting spammy 'lets chat on msn' type messages all morning from alleged women from the four corners of the Earth. Sheesh, that website must have taken a turn for the worse while I was away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Beaches can be nice. Though as a first date it might be a bit mental, what if you got sand in your shoes... that'd be terrrrible.

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Beaches can be nice. Though as a first date it might be a bit mental, what if you got sand in your shoes... that'd be terrrrible.

and you weren't wearing clean socks!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement