Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll never go on a date to the beach again. On a first date we went to Bray and a kite landed on me. :( It was sore. She laughed... Oh how she laughed. My dignity was shot. Shot I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'll never go on a date to the beach again. On a first date we went to Bray and a kite landed on me. :(

In fairness, hardly likely to happen again, is it? Ever read The World According to Garp? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'll never go on a date to the beach again. On a first date we went to Bray and a kite landed on me. :( It was sore. She laughed... Oh how she laughed. My dignity was shot. Shot I tells ya.

Yeah, but you made her laugh right? I hear chicks dig that sorta stuff... laughing and whatnot. Maybe we should all get hit by kites! Nice. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Chickaroo

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Yeah, but you made her laugh right? I hear chicks dig that sorta stuff... laughing and whatnot. Maybe we should all get hit by kites! Nice. :cool:

Yeah but in fairness she was probably laughing AT him, not with him which would be quite embarassing alright.....I must admit that I also got a giggle out of the idea of someone getting a smack of a kite while on a nice rosemantic stroll on the beach trying his best to impress :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Ah in fairness TG you have to see the funny side.if that was me i'd have laughed too!

• Advertisement

She was laughing alright. Went out with her for 3 months and then BOOM she ended it without any reason at all.

Twas the kite that jinxed it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I somehow think TG is joking about the kite ending things, so he is seeing the funny side!

I somehow think TG is joking about the kite ending things, so he is seeing the funny side!

Aye. I even said it to her. "I bet you anything I'll get hit with that kite".

5 minutes later and BOOM she was in hysterics.

Chickaroo wrote: »
    Yeah but in fairness she was probably laughing AT him, not with him which would be quite embarassing alright.....I must admit that I also got a giggle out of the idea of someone getting a smack of a kite while on a nice rosemantic stroll on the beach trying his best to impress :D

See, she had her fun and that's all that matters :)
    She was laughing alright. Went out with her for 3 months and then BOOM she ended it without any reason at all.

Twas the kite that jinxed it. :pac:

See, the kite sealed the deal for three months! If anything your problem was not getting hit by a kite more regularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Is there any updates from the lucky folk who had dates recently... didnt Larianne and Snoopy1 have one?

Ive deleted my MBF account and have hidden my POF one for the moment, online dating is not for me :mad:

• Advertisement

Grr got a meet me mail just before I hid my profile.. and hes cute!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Must not reply :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Snoopy has seen her guy 4 times..... Since Sunday, so I'd say it's safe to say she is no longer single!!

Larianne is meeting her guy for D4 sometime this week.

As for cute guy, ma him back, WTF do you have to lose?? :-)

wow thats great delighted for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Take a chance Denise, what's too lose if you don't take the risk.

Denisejcc wrote: »
    wow thats great delighted for them :D

Now go and make it 3 for 3 and MAIL YOUR GUY BACK!!:D

gatecrash wrote: »
    Now go and make it 3 for 3 and MAIL YOUR GUY BACK!!:D
    Gillo wrote: »
    Take a chance Denise, what's too lose if you don't take the risk.

Ha ha thought I got away with not answering that part of the post :P:P

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Ha ha thought I got away with not answering that part of the post :P:P

Yea No.

Girl on Ok Cupid didn't like that I own a PS3 and an Xbox....

"If we were to go out then how would you have time for me when you're off playing your games all the time?", she said.

"I've got two controllers......", was my reply.

FWIW, I play games as a hobby and besides I'm always working until 5 and do kickboxing 4 times a week and play games in the evening for an hour or two maximum.

Weekend's I'm always out with my mates or whatever. I did tell her that too so ball's in her court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Girl on Ok Cupid didn't like that I own a PS3 and an Xbox....

"If we were to go out then how would you have time for me when you're off playing your games all the time?", she said.

"I've got two controllers......", was my reply.

FWIW, I play games as a hobby and besides I'm always working until 5 and do kickboxing 4 times a week and play games in the evening for an hour or two maximum.

Weekend's I'm always out with my mates or whatever. I did tell her that too so ball's in her court.

well i'd expect it's a hobby like anything else. you're right, ball is in her court as to what she wants to make of it.

OH MY GOD...

When you "Rate" people... do they see what you rated them as?!?!?! :eek:

• Advertisement

Playing devils advocate TG, but if a girl told me all that my first though would be when will she fit me in???

OK, gonna throw it out there, anyone willing to volunteer to review profile and give me some feedback from a girls point of view???

OH MY GOD...

Don't think so

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

OH MY GOD...

If you rate each other the same OKC will send you an email.

If you rate each other the same OKC will send you an email.

OH THANK GOD!

I was bored and doing that quickmatch yoke, gave some girl a low score and she started instant messaging me! Thankfully I didn't go "I GAVE EVERYONE A ONE STAR I SWEAR!" ... which is actually what I did, I only gave more to people I thought might be up for an aul message back

I'm presuming she has no hobbies of her own? :pac:

I wouldn't really be able to date somebody who didn't like the fact I had a few hobbies.

Nothing wrong with hobbies, the trick is trying to get the balance, to be honest it just sounds like you're already very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

I'm presuming she has no hobbies of her own? :pac:

I wouldn't really be able to date somebody who didn't like the fact I had a few hobbies.

Just a guess, but I'd say she's picturing the stereotypical gamer/nerd when she sees two gaming consoles listed?

Same as seeing watching soaps or "reality" tv on a womans profile adjusts what I picture them to be like....... I'd still give it a go and happily meet them if emails were good tho :pac:

MudSkipper wrote: »
    Just a guess, but I'd say she's picturing the stereotypical gamer/nerd when she sees two gaming consoles listed?

Same as seeing watching soaps or "reality" tv on a womans profile adjusts what I picture them to be like....... I'd still give it a go and happily meet them if emails were good tho :pac:

Well I know many have that image, but my point was I wouldn't tend to bother in people who either didn't want me having hobbies or who are daft enough to deal in massive generalisations.

I think I've been doing it wrong all this time...

Tonight I've had two girls give me their email (one who I get on great with, but went on a quick FB check and my god... she's unbelievably beautiful, her PoF photos didn't do her justice at all, I mean, she's so pretty I'm nearly tempted to cut off chat because she's on the other side of the attractive scale to me :P )
    Then some girl IMed me and asked ME out on date! Then two other girls sent me messages and are having the chats. Maybe it just happened all at once, or maybe I used to go on these sites at 2am and wonder why no one was about. Either way, I'm feeling rather happy right now. Can't wait for it to all fall apart and the sense of dread to descend again :o:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Misticles wrote: »
    /lurks

do I smell a 76yo sugar daddy grandaddy :cool:

erm... i think it may be something else you're smelling..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement