Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Well I know many have that image, but my point was I wouldn't tend to bother in people who either didn't want me having hobbies or who are daft enough to deal in massive generalisations.

Thats a generalisation right there ;) all depends on TGs profile (which i've not seen), if it only lists gaming and kickboxing as hobbies then her assumptions of 'gamer' are sadly enough relatively well founded (based on owning two consoles).

Doubt it has anything to do with her not wanting whomever shes dating to not have hobbies. The image of 'gamer' is just not attractive.... and I'm one with a WII and an old skool PS2 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Denisejcc wrote: »
    wow thats great delighted for them :D

Thanks! Early days and all that. :cool:
    Denisejcc wrote: »
    Grr got a meet me mail just before I hid my profile.. and hes cute!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Must not reply :rolleyes:

Doooooooooo it!!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I think I've been doing it wrong all this time...

Tonight I've had two girls give me their email (one who I get on great with, but went on a quick FB check and my god... she's unbelievably beautiful, her PoF photos didn't do her justice at all, I mean, she's so pretty I'm nearly tempted to cut off chat because she's on the other side of the attractive scale to me :P )
    Then some girl IMed me and asked ME out on date! Then two other girls sent me messages and are having the chats. Maybe it just happened all at once, or maybe I used to go on these sites at 2am and wonder why no one was about. Either way, I'm feeling rather happy right now. Can't wait for it to all fall apart and the sense of dread to descend again :o:pac:

What scent of Lynx are you using? I want some :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gillo wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with hobbies, the trick is trying to get the balance, to be honest it just sounds like you're already very busy.

I balance things out just fine really.

During the week I work from 9 - 5 and usually have kickboxing at 6 on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and the rare Friday.

I get home at about half seven and have dinner and generally just flake.

Weekend's is me time. I usually hang around with mates of a Friday evening be it going to the pub for a few drinks or playing football.

Saturday is usually spent with mates too. Might go for lunch or go for a drive somewhere. Or I may decide to venture into town and buy new clothes or something.

Sunday is usually spent like Saturday I guess.

But when the football season starts back I'm usually engrossed in the football of a Saturday afternoon.

I can make sacrifices sure but it'd never work if she asked me to give up football for her. If she shares an interest in football then great.

I know I'm seriously limiting myself but I'm seriously set in my ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

^ Will you slot a potential girlfriend in for a 1pm power lunch? :pac:

• Advertisement

I think I've been doing it wrong all this time...

Tonight I've had two girls give me their email (one who I get on great with, but went on a quick FB check and my god... she's unbelievably beautiful, her PoF photos didn't do her justice at all, I mean, she's so pretty I'm nearly tempted to cut off chat because she's on the other side of the attractive scale to me :P )
    Then some girl IMed me and asked ME out on date! Then two other girls sent me messages and are having the chats. Maybe it just happened all at once, or maybe I used to go on these sites at 2am and wonder why no one was about. Either way, I'm feeling rather happy right now. Can't wait for it to all fall apart and the sense of dread to descend again :o:pac:

I think there's definitely some type of cyclic thing going on there. Maybe is a flurry of new sign ups because of an advertisement or article somewhere?

Mr. Date was saying the same thing the other night. Nothing for ages then BAM 4 or 5 mails in one go.

The whole dating thing is full of ups and downs. :cool:

MudSkipper wrote: »
    Thats a generalisation right there ;) all depends on TGs profile (which i've not seen), if it only lists gaming and kickboxing as hobbies then her assumptions of 'gamer' are sadly enough relatively well founded (based on owning two consoles).

Doubt it has anything to do with her not wanting whomever shes dating to not have hobbies. The image of 'gamer' is just not attractive.... and I'm one with a WII and an old skool PS2 :cool:

I don't even mention that I own both consoles in my profile. I mention that I occasionally write game reviews for a website and that's it.

If she really wanted to know what I own, I'd tell her that not only do I own an Xbox and PS3 but also a Wii, a PSP and a 3DS. :pac:

All the interests I have included are MMA, Kickboxing, Gaming, Music, Football, NFL, Graphic Novels and Anime.

^ Will you slot a potential girlfriend in for a 1pm power lunch? :pac:

Power lunch. Smush it in your gob and get the hell out of there. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

That_Guy wrote: »
    Power lunch. Smush it in your gob and get the hell out of there. :pac:

What about the food?

:pac:

What about the food?

ZING!!

• Advertisement

ZING!!

Can't believe you didn't spot that TG! :eek:

Larianne wrote: »
    I think there's definitely some type of cyclic thing going on there.

Yup, but I think it's more like the good things come in three's scenario......:) the knockbacks come in three's too (sometimes threefold tho:mad:)

Can't believe you didn't spot that TG! :eek:

In my defence, I was circuit training today and the exercise seems to have diminished the dirty side of my mind for the time being.

All the interests I have included are MMA, Kickboxing, Gaming, Music, Football, NFL, Graphic Novels and Anime.

The bold bits will be what gives them the nerd vibe, the sports listed they'll just take as something you watch

/knows what wimmenz think

//self depricating ha-ha...... i'd be rich if i did :pac:

The bold bits will be what gives them the nerd vibe, the sports listed they'll just take as something you watch

I've read TGs profile and I don't think he comes across as a nerd. :cool: He also has down he plays the drums which I, as a lady, think is deadly!

If the girl is already questioning you on how much time you're gonna give her its a bit of a thumbs down in my opinion. Maybe she's not right for you TG.

To be fair though mate, I can't help what I'm interested in.

And I agree Lar. I was taken aback by her saying something like that very abruptly in the middle of a decent conversation.

I'd hate to think what she'd be like if I ended up dating her for a wee while.

and thats why i aint rich ;)

/yet...... i'll figure them all out someday...... one at a time :p

and thats why i aint rich ;)

/yet...... i'll figure them all out someday...... one at a time :p

Some day... Some day.

*stares into distance*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I think there's definitely some type of cyclic thing going on there. Maybe is a flurry of new sign ups because of an advertisement or article somewhere?

Mr. Date was saying the same thing the other night. Nothing for ages then BAM 4 or 5 mails in one go.

The whole dating thing is full of ups and downs. :cool:

Yeah these aren't new users though, which is odd, I think half of it might be that I was online at the same time as people and then the other bit is my natural nice guy skills shining out through the computer screen :D

But it does now present a problem... do I go out on a date with girl who asked me, or do I pluck up the courage to ask this other girl I've been emailing. If I knew the people I'd have no bother, but it's hard to actually judge personality exactly in text. It's a weird one, I've never had this problem before. I guess you're allowed go on first dates with a few people (even though even the idea feels weird.) Right?

Eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go on dates with both ya silly moo! :)

• Advertisement

*stares into distance*

This is me in 30 years time:

41Az2qs1ZML._SS500_.jpg

Eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go on dates with both ya silly moo! :)

Oh ok, cool, I'm glad that's ok. Wasn't sure if such a thing was socially acceptable, don't want to be one of these jerks that acts like a jerk. :p

Oh ok, cool, I'm glad that's ok. Wasn't sure if such a thing was socially acceptable, don't want to be one of these jerks that acts like a jerk. :p

Well you don't want to blow one off for another and then that one turns out to be a no-go.

Well you don't want to blow one off for another and then that one turns out to be a no-go.

Ah yes, it is the crrrrazah world of online dating, where people may not actually exist and other such funs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If only one knew what to put in the profiles. all the girls ssay the same thing in theirs, that they are fun loving easy going big hearted blah blah blah

have an account with two, match.ie and pof. the former is rubbish and the site is clunky and slow. pof none of them will reply to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I wouldn't consider 2 first dates with 2 different women (met on a website) jerkish at all.

Even a second date MIGHT be acceptable, but at that stage you gotta sh!t or get off the pot, 3 dates with both of them is definitely a no no

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've been reading some of the posts here & they are hilarious.

But I need your advice.

I'm a 37 year old man who is 4 months out of a 3 year relationship. I've been to niteclubs lately but to be honest I find them boring. Good for drinking with your mates, not good for meeting someone.

Where do I start? Firstly let me say the last relationship has knocked my confidence big time. I don't feel as confident talking to ladies as I used to. Also, while I'd have no problem going on a first date, I would be dreading the days leading up to it.

also, what do you put on your profile etc? Any advice is really appreciated. Right now I'd like to meet someone nice, looks no longer the be all & end all and I'm not into messing anyonearound, ie I'd not be dating more than one girl at a time.

I'm nervous even typing this, help! :-)

gatecrash wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider 2 first dates with 2 different women (met on a website) jerkish at all.

Even a second date MIGHT be acceptable, but at that stage you gotta sh!t or get off the pot, 3 dates with both of them is definitely a no no

Ah sure I'll probably have no need to worry, between my shyness and the ways of the internet, I doubt I'll even have one first date to worry about, nevermind two. Maybe if I look at that John Tucker Must Die movie I'll get some hints and tips as to how to unite different social circles in order to overcome a common enemy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Ah sure I'll probably have no need to worry, between my shyness and the ways of the internet, I doubt I'll even have one first date to worry about, nevermind two. Maybe if I look at that John Tucker Must Die movie I'll get some hints and tips as to how to unite different social circles in order to overcome a common enemy. :)

Don't be like that..... the enemy (wimminz) can smell fear!!! :D;)

• Advertisement

Ah here now! Don't be like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement