Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

gatecrash wrote: »
    Don't be like that..... the enemy (wimminz) can smell fear!!! :D;)
    Larianne wrote: »
    Ah here now! Don't be like that.

Always allow the enemy to underestimate your abilities :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Always allow the enemy to underestimate your abilities :cool:

I've tried the online dating thing but being a guy in my mid 20's it isn't much good, mostly just full of single moms "lukin 4 a decent fella dat will treat me rite" LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

7Sins wrote: »
    I've tried the online dating thing but being a guy in my mid 20's it isn't much good, mostly just full of single moms "lukin 4 a decent fella dat will treat me rite" LMAO

Apart from the txt spk (shudder) what's wrong with that sentiment?

Or do all single moms deserve to be treated with contempt for getting pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

In fairness everyone deserves to be treated right

I just find it funny because a lot of them say the exact same thing, I've noticed aswell that decent women tend use the term "guy" on those sites and the not so decents catches say "fella" social class thing :)

But hey shoot me down for being honest if you want, I can take it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Maybe it's just the way you worded your post, text speak I absolutely hate, but the way you referred to them wanted someone to take care of them it did sound like you don't want to take care of someone you are in a relationship with.
    If I misunderstood your post, I'm sorry.

Gillo wrote: »
    Maybe it's just the way you worded your post, text speak I absolutely hate, but the way you referred to them wanted someone to take care of them it did sound like you don't want to take care of someone you are in a relationship with.

No, it's nothing to do with me. I'm merely a spectator watching car crash tv. :(

I just find it funny because a lot of them say the exact same thing, I've noticed aswell that decent women tend use the term "guy" on those sites and the not so decents catches say "fella" social class thing :)

But hey shoot me down for being honest if you want, I can take it :rolleyes:

A lot of women saying the same thing is nothing new to these sites unfortunately, same as blokes opening up a conversation with generic 'Hiya' mails.

Can't really say I've noticed any huge social class thing. I was talking to one girl from Killiney with a mouth like a sewer and another from Darndale in Coolock who could have come straight from Buckingham Palace!

A lot of women saying the same thing is nothing new to these sites unfortunately, same as blokes opening up a conversation with generic 'Hiya' mails.

Can't really say I've noticed any huge social class thing. I was talking to one girl from Killiney with a mouth like a sewer and another from Darndale in Coolock who could have come straight from Buckingham Palace!

I never mentioned anything about the areas these people live in, these girls can be from anywhere. I just merely pointed out that I have found a difference between the type of women that use the word guy and fella. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

Well i'm female , not a 'mommy' single or otherwise , and I agree with him.

There's something very needy and desperate about throwing it out there about wanting someone to take care of you.

I run a mile from the male profiles that state they're looking for someone to look after. Get a pet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I run a mile from the male profiles that state they're looking for someone to look after. Get a pet.

Txtspk aside, the profile he quoted said "treat me right", not "look after". A relationship where both people are treating each other "right" makes perfect sense.

Well i'm female , not a 'mommy' single or otherwise , and I agree with him.

There's something very needy and desperate about throwing it out there about wanting someone to take care of you.

7sins wrote:

read what he said, which is what Gillo and I questioned.
    lukin 4 a decent fella dat will treat me rite

Not "Looking for a decent fella that will take care of me"....

"Treat me right" and "Take care of me" in this context are 2 very different things

Damn you Kevin Duffy!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

Txtspk aside, the profile he quoted said "treat me right", not "look after". A relationship where both people are treating each other "right" makes perfect sense.

I didn't see the profile he quoted did you?

Nor am I quoting from a specific profile , a male friend and I have seen too many 'take care of me' female profiles doing the rounds on POF. Makes for fun browsing actually *awaits the shooting down*

I should probably clarify that I've a dark sense of humour guys so tie me to a post and whip me for eternity if you want but "lukin 4 a decent fella dat will treat me rite" is just something I find funny biggrin.gif

I agree everyone deserves to be treated well in a relationship rolleyes.gif happy now? :(

Nor am I quoting from a specific profile , a male friend and I have seen too many 'take care of me' female profiles doing the rounds on POF. Makes for fun browsing actually *awaits the shooting down*

Fee Fi,

7Sins was pulled up on what he quoted, maybe he phrased it badly, but to me it looked like he was laughing at the idea that single mothers needed to be treated right.

I asked him about it, he explained. No one is shooting anyone down here. At least i hope not. I get shot down often enough on the sites without it happening here too!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I should probably clarify that I've a dark sense of humour guys so tie me to a post and whip me for eternity if you want but "lukin 4 a decent fella dat will treat me rite" is just something I find funny biggrin.gif

I agree everyone deserves to be treated well in a relationship rolleyes.gif happy now? :(

I think your post was misinterpreted, you obviously weren't saying some people should be treated better than others. I know the type you were talking about and I generally avoided those type of profiles too.

Fee Fi,

7Sins was pulled up on what he quoted, maybe he phrased it badly, but to me it looked like he was laughing at the idea that single mothers needed to be treated right.

I asked him about it, he explained. No one is shooting anyone down here. At least i hope not. I get shot down often enough on the sites without it happening here too!! :D

As explained last post on previous page I find the quote funny. However single mothers got lumped in there aswell by accident, so sorry for that. I was originally kind of stating that dating sites don't suit me because I wouldn't date a single mother and quite a lot are on them. The quote then we'll seperate as just being something I find funny in a dark way whether from a single mother or not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I didn't have to see it, I saw what he quoted, which is what I was addressing, as were you but you misquoted, misinterpreted or just added you own spin without saying you were doing so. Or perhaps you saw the profile and made your point accordingly, but didn't correct the earlier misquote. Did you see it?

I didn't have to see it, I saw what he quoted, which is what I was addressing, as were you but you misquoted, misinterpreted or just added you own spin without saying you were doing so. Or perhaps you saw the profile and made your point accordingly, but didn't correct the earlier misquote. Did you see it?

No ones saw where I'm quoting from or 100's have, it's on countless dating site profiles.

• Advertisement

Ok, I've just notice that POF has my relationship status as N/A which lets face it looks a bit dodge. I went in to edit it to Seperated but for some reason it won't save. Any idea's?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ok, I've just notice that POF has my relationship status as N/A which lets face it looks a bit dodge. I went in to edit it to Seperated but for some reason it won't save. Any idea's?

PoF hates you

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Will it let you put anything in? I know you can't change your date of birth after a certain time on it, maybe its the same with the other basic details of profiles??

There's abot seven different options from the drop down menu, but when I choose seperated and then save it it doesn't change.
    I put a line in my profile, saying "happily seperated eightteen months, so figured it was time to dip my feet back in the pond.

It was just yourself, having NA as your status it's too easy to read too much into it.

Why does it even have N/A?

Exactly yeah, it jsut sounds like you have something to hide. Thinking about it, it probably explains why I sent out a load of mails recently and got hardly any replies (well, its a nice excuse!) if I can't change it I may just set up a new profile.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    PoF hates you

Boards doesn't :D:D:D

Boards doesn't :D:D:D

Are you sure?

Are you REALLY sure?

We could be spambots robbing your credit card details and leaving the milk out of the fridge and putting cold glasses down on tables without any coasters.

Or we could be real. I'm not sure myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Exactly yeah, it jsut sounds like you have something to hide. Thinking about it, it probably explains why I sent out a load of mails recently and got hardly any replies (well, its a nice excuse!) if I can't change it I may just set up a new profile.

Gillo I could've sworn you were down as separated. Hmm. You sure it's not the relationship needs part? Because when you dont have that quiz thing done it says n/a

• Advertisement

Gillo I could've sworn you were down as separated. Hmm. You sure it's not the relationship needs part? Because when you dont have that quiz thing done it says n/a

Ah! Maybe he needs to do the quiz thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement