Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I have always wondered what "Activity partner" means. Anyone have an idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Caoimhín wrote: »

Chess, hiking, walking, etc :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Gillo I could've sworn you were down as separated. Hmm. You sure it's not the relationship needs part? Because when you dont have that quiz thing done it says n/a

You're right, that's actually pretty confusing or am I just think as poop!!

Yes I am- just to pre-empt any nasty answers

Gillo, is seriously losing the plot here, the last week I've had about as much concentration as a ..... Oh look a plain
    Seriously though don't know whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Fcuk Buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Larianne wrote: »
    Fcuk Buddy.

But why would they have 2 things that mean fcuk buddy?

Unless you mean somebody to go shopping with you and buy FCUK products :pac:

• Advertisement

Fcuk Buddy.

Ahh ok. I really did think it was for hill walking, tennis etc.

Yeah, i know :o

But why would they have 2 things that mean fcuk buddy?

Unless you mean somebody to go shopping with you and buy FCUK products :pac:

Oh, yeah, the intimate encounter thing.

I always thought it was for FBs. Intimate Encounter - one night stand, activity partner - fcuk buddies.

Edit: Oh, maybe I'm wrong then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I always thought it was for FBs. Intimate Encounter - one night stand, activity partner - fcuk buddies.

POF? Seems to be always nurses, teachers or hairdressers on it or serial daters.

Yeah they have a niteclub on Harcourt St if you fancy the real experience:D:D

Corsendonk wrote: »
    POF? Seems to be always nurses, teachers or hairdressers on it or serial daters.

What's a serial dater? I mean how do you know?

• Advertisement

Gillo wrote: »
    Yeah they have a niteclub on Harcourt St if you fancy the real experience:D:D

I got fed up jumping over the pool of pee in the mens jacks :D

Yeah I'm curious how you'd know someone is?

I'm not sure really. I always assumed it was innocent until we talked about it here a few weeks ago. I mean they do have friendship listed on OKC, so why not have something else similar? I guess you could also say, surely that is what the friendship option is for...

I guess it can be taken 2 ways? (ooh matron :P). It isn't very clear anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Gillo wrote: »
    Boards doesn't :D:D:D

Of course not, Boards loves all. Except MCD. :P
    Ahh ok. I really did think it was for hill walking, tennis etc.

Pretty sure it is brah, we had this discussion last week and I think the feeling drifted toward it actually being for fun activities the whole family can enjoy. :)

What's a serial dater? I mean how do you know?

Maybe I am one but I came across POF about 4 years ago and still some of the same women on it that were there 4 years ago. I would call the serial daters as the ones that have the 20 questions questionnaire that they want you to fill out before they would even consider going on a first date rather than chat over pm. Sadly most of the questions are materialistic rather than a way of getting to know their potential date better.

Small world that it is I actually know one of what I would term as a serial dater through a friend and she won't date guys on account of what car they drive yet at 35 she complains that she can't meet Mr Right. I am sure there is a male version too of the serial dater on POF. Usually the very polished profile and the large selection of holiday photos from expensive locations is a tell tale sign.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Maybe I am one but I came across POF about 4 years ago and still some of the same women on it that were there 4 years ago. I would call the serial daters as the ones that have the 20 questions questionnaire that they want you to fill out before they would even consider going on a first date rather than chat over pm. Sadly most of the questions are materialistic rather than a way of getting to know their potential date better.

Small world that it is I actually know one of what I would term as a serial dater through a friend and she won't date guys on account of what car they drive yet at 35 she complains that she can't meet Mr Right. I am sure there is a male version too of the serial dater on POF. Usually the very polished profile and the large selection of holiday photos from expensive locations is a tell tale sign.

Serial dater? Doesn't sound like she would be getting many dates in fairness! :pac:

I know what you mean though...

Serial dater? Doesn't sound like she would be getting many dates in fairness! :pac:

I know what you mean though...

Well in fairness she is a very good looking girl so even after the 20 questions she has plenty of guys for the first date but she never goes much beyond that before she finds something wrong with the candidate for perfect bf. But she has a date every weekend while most of her friends around her age are abroad or have kids so it beats sitting at home on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

FWIW, activity partner does actually mean, rock-climbing, hill walking etc.
    That said, it sounds ambiguous and I'm sure there have been hilarious conequences in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Maybe the activity partner is for people seeking friendships to do things together? As in women looking for other women for nights out, or the cinema or to go walking with or whatever. It just wouldn't be a common occurance on PoF and/or people here are looking for dating/relationships, so it's not obvious, leaving the Intimate Encounter to mean f-buddy, rather that IE and AP meaning the same thing. Maybe.

Maybe the activity partner is for people seeking friendships to do things together? As in women looking for other women for nights out, or the cinema or to go walking with or whatever. It just wouldn't be a common occurance on PoF and/or people here are looking for dating/relationships, so it's not obvious, leaving the Intimate Encounter to mean f-buddy, rather that IE and AP meaning the same thing. Maybe.

That was always my understanding. Although I was called naive a few weeks ago for saying that. Revenge has come for me MUAHAHAHAHA :cool::pac:

Ok joking aside, it is a little vague. But I would see it as being for somebody looking for somebody to pal up with and do stuff. It probably suits people new to the country or older people not interested in romance.

• Advertisement

That was always my understanding. Although I was called naive a few weeks ago for saying that. Revenge has come for me MUAHAHAHAHA :cool::pac:

Ok joking aside, it is a little vague. But I would see it as being for somebody looking for somebody to pal up with and do stuff. It probably suits people new to the country or older people not interested in romance.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    FWIW, activity partner does actually mean, rock-climbing, hill walking etc.
    That said, it sounds ambiguous and I'm sure there have been hilarious conequences in the past.

Maybe if someone changes all the appropriate fields to look for friends, activity partners etc. to see what happens, we'll have an answer. Volunteers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Maybe if someone changes all the appropriate fields to look for friends, activity partners etc. to see what happens, we'll have an answer. Volunteers??

o/

Doin nothin else anyway

I have my OKC as hidden, so it won't be me!

I may return at a date in the near future :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That's an interesting idea... look EXCLUSIVELY for activity partners and see what you get offered.
    It can be like our version of Yes Man.

That's an interesting idea... look EXCLUSIVELY for activity partners and see what you get offered.

We have our best agent on the job already. Good luck 99.
    o/

Doin nothin else anyway

That could end with a visit to the STD clinic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

That could end with a visit to the STD clinic.

:eek:

I don't have to say yes to everything do I? :(

ugh, just realised how awful my profile picture is. no wonder i only had a few looking for casual sex. poop

/self pity

:eek:

I don't have to say yes to everything do I? :(

ugh, just realised how awful my profile picture is. no wonder i only had a few looking for casual sex. poop

/self pity

Only if you want to :pac:

This is gonna get interesting.

I'm tempted to crate a profile, just looking to activity partners and see what happens. Ah, the mischief of a quiet weekend at home!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Edit: Oh, maybe I'm wrong then!

I have to confess, I thought it meant the same thing too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement