Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Has anyone here used match.com and if so how was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've gotten one mail. completely clean. little boring if anything, cause i can't remember what it even said! to engage in discussion or not? hmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Is there a competition for worst first date?

Cos I think I just won it!!

If there was a way to measure connection in negative terms I'm calling Guinness!!

Nothing..... Nada......Zilch

Here's a hint wimminz, please don't tell me about your ex, the fact that he's still in the house you once shared and the bank are trying to repossess it. And don't tell me about what else the bank have done, I have my own things to deal with and the first time meeting someone is sooooooo many different kinds of not the time to talk about it!!

I've gotten one mail. completely clean. little boring if anything, cause i can't remember what it even said! to engage in discussion or not? hmm....

Try it. What have you got to lose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

gatecrash wrote: »
    Is there a competition for worst first date?

Cos I think I just won it!!

If there was a way to measure connection in negative terms I'm calling Guinness!!

Nothing..... Nada......Zilch

Here's a hint wimminz, please don't tell me about your ex, the fact that he's still in the house you once shared and the bank are trying to repossess it. And don't tell me about what else the bank have done, I have my own things to deal with and the first time meeting someone is sooooooo many different kinds of not the time to talk about it!!

When are you seeing her again? :pac:

Home before 10 on a Fridate, says a lot.

• Advertisement

sounds rough. did she realise how bad it was?
    Try it. What have you got to lose?

am well nothing, i was just getting at whether or not to reply because it'd be kinda misleading...... read earlier posts...it's an experiment. he's not bad looking, so might do. but he's blonde. blonde is not my type.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Ah, GC I feel your pain, wasted evening then.

That said, I've got an ex, living in the house we own, trying to get the mortgage extended out and the bank screwing us up the ass in the process. TBH, it really doesn't bother me, we're split & it's all in the past. Anyway mail me her profile it's be the funniest date every seeing who can b!tch and moan the most.

Hey, look at it this way, it may have been a disaster but man you got a date on a Friday night:D

sounds rough. did she realise how bad it was?

am well nothing, i was just getting at whether or not to reply because it'd be kinda misleading...... read earlier posts...it's an experiment. he's not bad looking, so might do. but he's blonde. blonde is not my type.

Oh, the activities thing?

Gillo wrote: »
    Ah, GC I feel your pain, wasted evening then.

That said, I've got an ex, living in the house we own, trying to get the mortgage extended out and the bank screwing us up the ass in the process. TBH, it really doesn't bother me, we're split & it's all in the past. Anyway mail me her profile it's be the funniest date every seeing who can b!tch and moan the most.

Hey, look at it this way, it may have been a disaster but man you got a date on a Friday night:D

but why is that something specifically to be happy about? i mean a date, yeah, but a date on a friday night? :confused:
    Oh, the activities thing?

yep :)

but why is that something specifically to be happy about? i mean a date, yeah, but a date on a friday night? :confused:

yep :)

So what activities have you got down? Spelunking??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Well a date on any night would have been good, just mentioned Friday being the day that it is

So what activities have you got down? Spelunking??

:eek: i had to look that up! and i don't know whether to take the wiki version of that or the urban dictionary version! :o

i didn't change the rest of my profile at all. hmm maybe i should. but that'd sway the approachers....
    Gillo wrote: »
    Well a date on any night would have been good, just mentioned Friday being the day that it is

ah right, i see

:eek: i had to look that up! and i don't know whether to take the wiki version of that or the urban dictionary version! :o

My good god. The urban dictionary. What the hell?

Sometimes I really wonder about people!!

FWIW s'u'n I meant the wiki version!!

I have asked people looking for "Activity Partner" exactly what an activity partner was and not one knew. Always assumed it was someone to play monopoly or scrabble with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I have asked people looking for "Activity Partner" exactly what an activity partner was and not one knew. Always assumed it was someone to play monopoly or scrabble with.

Fantastic. Sexy scrabble!

"Oh it's my turn to make up a word? Hmmm... Ah! C-o-i-t-u-s...There we are! And that, I believe, is a double score love"

you sunk my battleship!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Their is one site out here that has a forum and oh good jesus there is war on them sometimes even I get scared :eek:

:D

Justask wrote: »
    Their is one site out here that has a forum and oh good jesus there is war on them sometimes even I get scared :eek:

:D

Which one?

Which one?

Is it ok to say???

Knowing my luck i'd be banned for naming it :eek:

Fantastic. Sexy scrabble!

"Oh it's my turn to make up a word? Hmmm... Ah! C-o-i-t-u-s...There we are! And that, I believe, is a double score love"

Ah anything can be sexy when you make the effort!

Sexy Mousetrap!

• Advertisement

Just When You Think You’re Out, They Pull You Back In… damn it. he studied Zoology *swoons*

2nd message!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Is it ok to say???

Knowing my luck i'd be banned for naming it :eek:

Half the posts here involve naming dating websites! You'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Hey Gatecrash I think I may do one better, I met a man who told me he was actually married but that his wife has schizophrenia and that it was marriage in name only, etc etc. Not the best date in the world or there was a guy I met who bitched about his ex and how he treated her like a princess (his words) and she let him down, all on the first date but I agree with you, not a good way to make a first impression.

Just When You Think You’re Out, They Pull You Back In… damn it. he studied Zoology *swoons*

2nd message!

You are swooning over blondy who you don't normally go for blondy?

Half the posts here involve naming dating websites! You'll be grand.

I'll come find u if im banned :D

Connecting singles

miec wrote: »
    Hey Gatecrash I think I may do one better, I met a man who told me he was actually married but that his wife has schizophrenia and that it was marriage in name only, etc etc. Not the best date in the world or there was a guy I met who bitched about his ex and how he treated her like a princess (his words) and she let him down, all on the first date but I agree with you, not a good way to make a first impression.

So I don't even have the solace of winning the competition?? Feck!! :D

You are swooning over blondy who you don't normally go for blondy?

no no no no no no no no no.... blondie was message number 1. a bit meh in the looks department i.m.o,

then i logged on and came across reasonably hawt guy, that studied zoology, and is all round pretty decent (read: hawt) and has similar interests.

then I got message two, from a grand guy. no interest though.

then i got message three... guy in kenya looking 'for a lady 4 a serious relationshp lovin carin a gd cook and is working'

help composing a message to swoony mcswoonerson?

I'll come find u if im banned :D

Connecting singles

If you get banned, I'll join that since it seems like a good place for a row :pac:

If you get banned, I'll join that since it seems like a good place for a row :pac:

Be afraid very AFRAID :D

• Advertisement

no no no no no no no no no.... blondie was message number 1. a bit meh in the looks department i.m.o,

then i logged on and came across reasonably hawt guy, that studied zoology, and is all round pretty decent (read: hawt) and has similar interests.

then I got message two, from a grand guy. no interest though.

then i got message three... guy in kenya looking 'for a lady 4 a serious relationshp lovin carin a gd cook and is working'

help composing a message to swoony mcswoonerson?

Well clearly you tell him you are "lovin carin a gd cook and is working" :pac::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement