Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Well clearly you tell him you are "lovin carin a gd cook and is working" :pac::D

no, i meant the guy i actually like, not the last guy i refered to! keep up you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

no, i meant the guy i actually like, not the last guy i refered to! keep up you!

Eh no shít Sherlock...I was joking that the scammer would be McSwoonerson! :P

Eh no shít Sherlock...I was joking that the scammer would be McSwoonerson! :P

oh ok then!

:rolleyes:

Unroll those eyes young lady :pac:

I might start up online dating again in a few weeks when I get settled into Dublin.

Unroll those eyes young lady :pac:

I might start up online dating again in a few weeks when I get settled into Dublin.

permanenty rolled eyes are permanently rolled ;)

• Advertisement

permanenty rolled eyes are permanently rolled ;)

Is that because the wind has changed or something? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Why dont you 2 just hook up.......:confused::D

Justask wrote: »

is talking about rollyeyes considered a sign of sexual tension now? :confused:

Who would post in TGC then? Sometimes you need to think big picture....

:pac:

is talking about rollyeyes considered a sign of sexual tension now? :confused:

Take a chill pill there pet!!!

The :D was a sign it was a joke..

Best of luck with the online thing :D

• Advertisement

Take a chill pill there pet!!!

The :D was a sign it was a joke..

Best of luck with the online thing :D

ah no, i wasn't serious!

so seriously, (:pac:) anybody going to give me pointers on this email... little nervous about it tbh.

ah no, i wasn't serious!

so seriously, (:pac:) anybody going to give me pointers on this email... little nervous about it tbh.

Read his profile and pick something out of it ie. if he says he likes man u google a man u joke :rolleyes:

See if hes up for some banter and u will find out if he has a sense of humour :)

yeah, anyway i'll have a think about it tomorrow. too tired now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭I made the BBC

ah no, i wasn't serious!

What was the last message like?

I'd go for something witty/banterish (Is that a word?)
    There's so many people bigging themselves up in their profiles, that it can break the ice just to be realaxed, be yourself, and make inappropriate jokes (that might just be me :pac:) :)

And I have a question! o/

How long should you be chatting to someone before suggesting/agreeing to a meet up?

There's so many people bigging themselves up in their profiles, that it can break the ice just to be realaxed, be yourself, and make inappropriate jokes (that might just be me :pac:) :)

How long should you be chatting to someone before suggesting/agreeing to a meet up?

there hasn't been any messages yet. this would be the first one. unless he looks at my profile in the meantime, and simply must email :rolleyes:

there isn't a whole lot of humour in his profile but yeah would be worth testing the waters in that way. i'll get back to it tomorrow... brain....shutting down...

about the meeting thing, i generally just go with what i'm comfortable with. i don't think it's a good idea to meet too early, but i've done both (met after 3 days, and met after a month) and neither worked out even remotely well, so don't listen to me! :o

there hasn't been any messages yet. this would be the first one. unless he looks at my profile in the meantime, and simply must email :rolleyes:

there isn't a whole lot of humour in his profile but yeah would be worth testing the waters in that way. i'll get back to it tomorrow... brain....shutting down...

about the meeting thing, i generally just go with what i'm comfortable with. i don't think it's a good idea to meet too early, but i've done both (met after 3 days, and met after a month) and neither worked out even remotely well, so don't listen to me! :o

D'oh! Must read previous posts in future :o

When to meet up is the million dollar question!! :)

When to meet up is the million dollar question!! :)

Sweet!
    That must mean I win a million dollars for asking the question.
    I hope this works out better than the time I won the Nigerian lottery :pac:

Yeah, but it's a tough one to call.
    I suppose the "go with your gut instinct" approach is the best way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 redbeetlejuice

Had a few bad experiences myself with online dating but I've heard lots of success stories too..
    Good luck anyway, hope it works out and if it doesn't maybe try one of the Irish sites like Gep Out.ie, FunDate (mainly speed dating) or FirstDate.ie (Dinner Dating & Wine Tasting for singles)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Think I'm giving Mr.Date the heave-ho. :cool: No spark my end. Damn it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Larianne wrote: »
    Think I'm giving Mr.Date the heave-ho. :cool: No spark my end. Damn it.

Sorry to hear that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained though!

Sorry to hear that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained though!

Yeah but now I have to tell him I don't think it's going to go anywhere. :o
    How do I do it nicely without being mean?? :confused:

Just be honest. If you had a good time and had a laugh together, say so. But say that you're not feeling that spark to take things any further.

Just be honest. If you had a good time and had a laugh together, say so. But say that you're not feeling that spark to take things any further.

That's basically it in a nut shell. Gah!! Not gonna be nice tomorrow. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't think we're gonna work but as a parting gift, I'd like to give you a handjob around the back of Trinners.

OR

Just tell him that you're not feeling it. No point in lying about it. You gave it a shot and it didn't work out.

That's basically it in a nut shell. Gah!! Not gonna be nice tomorrow. :cool:

No matter how you look at it, the message you have to convey is never going to be nice. No point in trying to wrap tinsel around it :D

True that! Damn it.

Anyways, how's your luck going?? :)

Half thinking of giving this online dating lark the old heave ho. It's a crock of sh*t that you think of a well thought out message to open with and they don't even have the courtesy to reply back.

What's even more annoying is that you see them online too sporadically during the day too.

Or when they do reply back it's with one word replies so the conversation just falls flat on its face.

You do have moments of hair pulling out but I think no-one really knows what the right way to behave on those sites is.. do you reply/don't reply? What should be the opening message? Is it too much info? Do they get my joke?

Can be hard..

Maybe take a break TG and go back to it?

• Advertisement

You do have moments of hair pulling out but I think no-one really knows what the right way to behave on those sites is.. do you reply/don't reply? What should be the opening message? Is it too much info? Do they get my joke?

Can be hard..

Maybe take a break TG and go back to it?

Maybe. I go on I'd say every second day and write messages to people. Yes, some may not get my humour but I send messages which are "proper" but it's quite disheartening when you go through that effort and not one replies back.

I understand that people may have high standards or whatever but I'm not asking them to bloody marry me. Just asking for a simple reply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement