Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That_Guy wrote: »
    Maybe. I go on I'd say every second day and write messages to people. Yes, some may not get my humour but I send messages which are "proper" but it's quite disheartening when you go through that effort and not one replies back.

I understand that people may have high standards or whatever but I'm not asking them to bloody marry me. Just asking for a simple reply.

Yeah I know. But then if you got loads of mail that were all rejections it wouldn't be much fun either. I would usually send a flurry of mails to guys and get few replies. Then see the non-repliers and go "Whhhhhhyyy??!!" Feckers. :pac:

Its a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah I know. But then if you got loads of mail that were all rejections it wouldn't be much fun either. I would usually send a flurry of mails to guys and get few replies. Then see the non-repliers and go "Whhhhhhyyy??!!" Feckers. :pac:

Its a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.

Out of curiosity, what would you send in a message to a guy?

I'd pick out something that interested me on their page or if we've a similar interest make a comment on that. Then finish by saying to mail me one back if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'd pick out something that interested me on their page or if we've a similar interest make a comment on that. Then finish by saying to mail me one back if interested.

That's what I generally do but I don't ask them to mail me back... Perhaps that's my problem. :pac:

That's what I generally do but I don't ask them to mail me back... Perhaps that's my problem. :pac:

Well, no. Some don't mail me back. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

All I ever get is "Hi" :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Think I'm giving Mr.Date the heave-ho. :cool: No spark my end. Damn it.

Sorry to hear that Larianne.

Feel free to take a look at my profile if you need huggles!!;)

As a relatively recent recipient of the "no spark" mail and a recent sender of the "no spark" mail it sucks to be at either end of that particular stick.

Nothing you can do but send it though, you have to get the message across before he starts thinking there's more to come.

You're not Esso Ciara though, are ya??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Maybe. I go on I'd say every second day and write messages to people. Yes, some may not get my humour but I send messages which are "proper" but it's quite disheartening when you go through that effort and not one replies back.

I understand that people may have high standards or whatever but I'm not asking them to bloody marry me. Just asking for a simple reply.

You obviously don't attract the crazy ones like I do. Twice I got sent their numbers after only a couple of pms looking for dates that night after they were the first to send pms. I think they got speed dating confused with internet dating or I got a "this guy looks desperate" look to my profile :pac: I rang on private to check the numbers out and they were totally serious!! My tip is I always ask a couple of questions in the pm about the girls profile so it actually shows I bothered to read it and it beats the lame "how are you question".

Also sending pms on fri-sun works better in my experience if you mail girls that are online. They are usually sitting in feeling sorry for themselves because all their gfs are with their bfs/hubbies or busy with kids and they have no one to go out with so more open to engaging in pm conversation with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

That's an interesting point about weekends.

Something which someone said to me a while back was to put a few pictures on hot or not and see which scores highest then use those ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think internet datings a bit like window shopping for humans :eek:

• Advertisement

It's annoying when someone has a photo with two or more people in it and you're trying to figure out which one they could be. Usually it would be with one attractive person, one slightly unattractive person. Am I the only one to notice this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Gillo wrote: »
    That's an interesting point about weekends.

Something which someone said to me a while back was to put a few pictures on hot or not and see which scores highest then use those ones.

how did you go?

i did that years ago... not a good score :( apparently i take such horrendous pictures though, so that's what i'm counting on :o
    I think internet datings a bit like window shopping for humans :eek:

nothin wrong with a bit of that! :D

Well I find girls have an advantage with photos, their was a trend for girls to treat themselves and sign up for a professional photo shoot with a make-up artist. I suppose it improves their self-confidence, if you look at POF quite a few of those type photos have ended up on girls profiles. I don't think guys would go to the same trouble:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

It's annoying when someone has a photo with two or more people in it and you're trying to figure out which one they could be. Usually it would be with one attractive person, one slightly unattractive person. Am I the only one to notice this?

yeah it's a bit annoying, but mostly i find that they say which one they are. or if they don't i usually suss it out by finding the common person between them all :D
    Corsendonk wrote: »
    Well I find girls have an advantage with photos, their was a trend for girls to treat themselves and sign up for a professional photo shoot with a make-up artist. I suppose it improves their self-confidence, if you look at POF quite a few of those type photos have ended up on girls profiles. I don't think guys would go to the same trouble:D

it's ironic really, consider how the animal world works!

I didn't do it myself, don't actually have a lot of photos to put up anyway.

Gillo wrote: »
    I didn't do it myself, don't actually have a lot of photos to put up anyway.

No profile pic?

I dunno about the women, but I'd nearly consider that a prerequisite for men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

On the photo v no photo score....I mailed someone recently who had no photo, 'cos I liked their profile. 5 or 6 deadly mails later, she sent a photo. I'd have kept chatting no matter what was sent 'cos she was very cool and funny, but as it happens I got butterflies she was so stunning. Take a punt if you like how someone sounds, unless you have something to lose.

I've done that myself Kevin, mailed someone just cos of the 'feel' of the profile.

But i'd be reasonably certain that no woman is going to respond to an unsolicited mail from a bloke that doesn't have a pic up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

gatecrash wrote: »
    But i'd be reasonably certain that no woman is going to respond to an unsolicited mail from a bloke that doesn't have a pic up

Maybe, but that's their loss if they don't get a hold of deadly blokes like us!:D

Maybe, but that's their loss if they don't get a hold of deadly blokes like us!:D

That's what i tell myself every time a mail goes 'deleted/unread!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I did that years ago... not a good score :( apparently i take such horrendous pictures though, so that's what i'm counting on :o

I did it on OKC and was a bit surprised by the results. Although most of the people rating the pictures were from outside Ireland.

I did it on OKC and was a bit surprised by the results. Although most of the people rating the pictures were from outside Ireland.

Sounds like Tagged, a couple of friends have accounts their and they get an extremely high amount of filipino girls clicking on them.

Sorry, I do have pic bit I didn't do the hot or not suggestion.

Sounds like Tagged, a couple of friends have accounts their and they get an extremely high amount of filipino girls clicking on them.

Nah I meant UK, France, Germany etc. I ended up having a few back and forth emails with a Scottish girl due to the photo rating.

Edit: I'm talking about the My Best Photo feature FYI.

Also sending pms on fri-sun works better in my experience if you mail girls that are online. They are usually sitting in feeling sorry for themselves because all their gfs are with their bfs/hubbies or busy with kids and they have no one to go out with so more open to engaging in pm conversation with you.

Gonna be me tonight. :cool: :o :pac:

Praying on the vunerable. How horrible!

Usually they have a couple of glasses of wine to relax on the fri-sat night too:P

Naaah,

They're not vulnerable until Feb 13th........ then my friends, THEN is the time to strike!! :pac:

Usually they have a couple of glasses of wine to relax on the fri-sat night too:P
    Naaah,

They're not vulnerable until Feb 13th........ then my friends, THEN is the time to strike!! :pac:

:cool:

Feckers.

Naaah,

Good old Desperation Day.

• Advertisement

Good old Desperation Day.

You were watching HIMYM on Thursday too then?? ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement