Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

what happens on febuary the 13th ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Larianne wrote: »
    :cool:

Feckers.

Only offering our services to keep women company Larianne. It's a truly altruistic gesture!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

But i'd be reasonably certain that no woman is going to respond to an unsolicited mail from a bloke that doesn't have a pic up

Not all of us would ignore a man without a pic, the only condition I would have is that I see a pic before meeting up. Also I know what others mean about the feel of a profile, I have had that experience in the past and when I met the men in question (neither had pics up) it developed into a relationship (not at the same time of course) so never understimate a photoless good profile.

On the subject of pictures has anyone met a person who is really photogenic but in real life is not that attractive?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

miec wrote: »

On the subject of pictures has anyone met a person who is really photogenic but in real life is not that attractive?

Yup. That's why one should be wary of 'one photo wonders' or profiles taht only have pictures from one well lit angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I did it on OKC and was a bit surprised by the results. Although most of the people rating the pictures were from outside Ireland.

there's one on okcupid??
    miec wrote: »
    Not all of us would ignore a man without a pic, the only condition I would have is that I see a pic before meeting up. Also I know what others mean about the feel of a profile, I have had that experience in the past and when I met the men in question (neither had pics up) it developed into a relationship (not at the same time of course) so never understimate a photoless good profile.

been talking about this with a boardsie just yesterday actually, a guy keeps writing to me, not realising he's written before, but he has no picture up, and generally i wouldn't write back to them. i'll look at his profile at some point anyway and maybe i will.

must get round to writing this email to swoony soon....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

there's one on okcupid??

Yep it is called "My Best Face" or something similar. They put up your photos and then users vote on them and then you see which of your photos are most liked. I'll see if I can find my original post about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yep it is called "My Best Face" or something similar. They put up your photos and then users vote on them and then you see which of your photos are most liked. I'll see if I can find my original post about it.

oh yeah i know about that. but it's not like a how good looking are you thing. thought that's what you meant.

just tried to write my message, but i couldn't! :o i'm actually nervous. crap. more thought needed....

oh yeah i know about that. but it's not like a how good looking are you thing. thought that's what you meant.

But users are rating your best face according to how good looking you are, you are being judged against other people. Plus they have the rating system has well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

But users are rating your best face according to how good looking you are, you are being judged against other people. Plus they have the rating system has well.

Yeah they rate you against other people, as opposed to directly compare the different pictures of you. Kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Yeah they rate you against other people, as opposed to directly compare the different pictures of you. Kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

Well you get to see what picture was most popular and got the most thumbs up. Since you aren't competing against yourself on the site, it makes sense to see which photo was popular with users.

• Advertisement

Ok....

It's 10 pm.

The wine has to have been opened at this stage.

Gents, what is the reply to mail ratio like?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

5 pretty well thought out mails sent to users on tonight, lets sit and wait.

I'm actually doing fairly well here

Have sent out 6, 4 have been read, and of those 4 i've had 2 replies from each of the women.....

I think corsendonk might well be onto something here!!! :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

gatecrash wrote: »
    I'm actually doing fairly well here

Have sent out 6, 4 have been read, and of those 4 i've had 2 replies from each of the women.....

I think corsendonk might well be onto something here!!! :D:pac:

Go you.......;)

SLUT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've just found the female version of me. If she doesn't message me back I'll be bloody gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

That_Guy wrote: »
    I've just found the female version of me. If she doesn't message me back I'll be bloody gutted.

So i take it you believe you are perfection personified? :D
    You do know they say familiarity breeds contempt?:p

Justask wrote: »
    Go you.......;)

SLUT :D

I spoke too soon.

lost one of them, and had a read/deleted on one of the 2 unreads too!

:)

caseyann wrote: »
    So i take it you believe you are perfection personified? :D
    You do know they say familiarity breeds contempt?:p

I'm not perfect. She just has loads of things in common and I don't believe in all that familiarity breeds contempt nonsense myself.

I'm not perfect. She just has loads of things in common and I don't believe in all that familiarity breeds contempt nonsense myself.

Relax i am just messing :)

People with things in common tend to get on well. I'd love to meet a hot female version of myself :P

• Advertisement

caseyann wrote: »
    Relax i am just messing :)

I didn't mean it to sound like that. I should've stuck a :pac: at the end of it.

Serious post. <---

Not so serious post. :pac: <----

Always denoted with a :pac:

I'm rambling. Oh look, she replied. BOOM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I spoke too soon.

lost one of them, and had a read/deleted on one of the 2 unreads too!

:)

aw bless :D

You will have to wait till us desparate woman get more wine into us :D

I didn't mean it to sound like that. I should've stuck a :pac: at the end of it.

Serious post. <---

Not so serious post. :pac: <----

Always denoted with a :pac:

I'm rambling. Oh look, she replied. BOOM!!!

AHA so perfection has been noted :p good luck :)

Justask wrote: »
    aw bless :D

You will have to wait till us desparate woman get more wine into us :D

Knowing my luck one of them is reading this thread! Actually the woman who is still responding is probably waiting for me to feck up on here too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I haven't been logged in in about 3 weeks but there's some mad people having signed up now! :eek:

tommyp wrote: »
    how much chewing gum do you think it would take to completely fill yer anus?

Fantastic contribution.

Larianne wrote: »
    I haven't been logged in in about 3 weeks but there's some mad people having signed up now! :eek:

OI!!

I resent that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

OI!!

I resent that!!

Oh, are you one of them?? :eek:

Oops. :o

:pac:

well that's that...

no responders.