Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

you were saying before that you kinda found it hard to have the profile as it meant you were checking things on it all the time, hence being a little disappointed then when you hadn't received something. are you worried about the same thing now?

Well that was more because I had nothing to do all day. Whereas now I'll only be online for a bit in the evening so it will be different.

I also had a few girls start chat, then abruptly end it when I answered with postgrad or unemployed when they asked what I did. So I'll now have to find a different way to scare them off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Non-french fancy lover should do it.

Larianne wrote: »
    Non-french fancy lover should do it.

Also remember my tagline "I hate sponge cake" :pac:

I only have private images on my profile - it makes things rather difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Oh lord :eek::eek:

I just got a message telling me that he would be give me 3 "O" in 1 hour...

Dont you just love online dating :D

• Advertisement

I only have private images on my profile - it makes things rather difficult.

Me to but if they dont bother with ya because of that they just are not for ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Justask wrote: »

3 Oranges? That's a lot fruit to eat in one go! Or 3 Oreos? Jaysis, 3 an hour is mean with the biscuits. Stay away from that fella, no dietary sense going on there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Someone's profile said how they had a G.O.S.H

I've seen this written a bit. What does it mean?

Galvasean wrote: »

Having googled, apparently GOSH can mean 'Grown Adult, Still Home' or Grand Old Sense of Humour'.
    This is why I hate abbreviations.

An exclaimation 'cos they're suprised to find themselves trying internet dating? :pac:

• Advertisement

Having googled, apparently GOSH can mean 'Grown Adult, Still Home' or Grand Old Sense of Humour'.
    This is why I hate abbreviations.

I would assume it's a typo and they mean the common abbreviation Good Sense Of Humour

I would assume it's a typo and they mean the common abbreviation Good Sense Of Humour

Thats what i thought :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Justask wrote: »

Did you raise the bidding to 4 "O"? And tell him you need at least 2 more hours? No point accepting low standards at the start:pac:

I don't know how much longer I can stomach POF.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Did you raise the bidding to 4 "O"? And tell him you need at least 2 more hours? No point accepting low standards at the start:pac:

No i told him it would cost a lot more then 3 "O" to get a passport outta me :eek::eek:

:D

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I assumed everybody else thought that when it was being talked about earlier. I assumed the joke was on their poor spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

ah crap. :o my approach of being all interested in what this guy had to say about a topic hasn't been too successful. i asked what he thought about something, and he got back to me with quite the clinical answer :(

i've replied again, tried to make a few jokes... so we'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Had been messaging a girl for a while today. No pics but her profile was good. Turns out it's my ex's mate. :pac:

Back away, not today disco lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

That_Guy wrote: »
    Had been messaging a girl for a while today. No pics but her profile was good. Turns out it's my ex's mate. :pac:

classic send her my way iv no issues with that

ah crap. :o my approach of being all interested in what this guy had to say about a topic hasn't been too successful. i asked what he thought about something, and he got back to me with quite the clinical answer :(

i've replied again, tried to make a few jokes... so we'll see...

That's all you need. If it's gonna happen, that's that's all the start you need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah, so do I. But it has to be done! Just get a friend to take a few of you with the dogs or whatever. :)

What kind of website is this? :p

Nah, never used one, don't think I would .. maybe it's the stigma that they undoubtedly carry or maybe I just seen Sea Of Love one too many times.

That's all you need. If it's gonna happen, that's that's all the start you need.

yeah but why not ask questions, why not comment on something on my profile, why not ask why i'm interested? anything like.

That_Guy wrote: »

Oh no :eek:

Did u tell her who u were?

yeah but why not ask questions, why not comment on something on my profile, why not ask why i'm interested? anything like.

Maybe he tried that before and it failed. He might not want to seem too keen or ask too many questions. Maybe he isn't great at expressing himself online. Who knows really. It could be anything, maybe you are right but no need to label it as anything when there is so little to go on.

But he did answer, so that is a sign in itself. Just play it by ear, try to open the conversation yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Nah, never used one, don't think I would .. maybe it's the stigma that they undoubtedly carry or maybe I just seen Sea Of Love one too many times.

Well i don't think there is a stigma to them anymore.

Maybe back in the day there might have been a level of embarrassment, but today, with people working longer and harder, they are a good way of getting to meet people.

But it's your call Pete. Personally I'd rather take the chance that i might meet someone special, than think there's a stigma involved. If you get that embarrassed about it, then you can always make up a back story.

There is a quote on one of those daily calander things, you know the ones, each day has a saying or something... anyway this particular one has ALWAYS stuck with me because it is so damn true
    Many a man has fallen in love in light he wouldn't choose a good suit by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Justask, did you figure out the 3 o's?

Maybe he tried that before and it failed. He might not want to seem too keen or ask too many questions. Maybe he isn't great at expressing himself online. Who knows really. It could be anything, maybe you are right but no need to label it as anything when there is so little to go on.

But he did answer, so that is a sign in itself. Just play it by ear, try to open the conversation yourself.

yeah i suppose. it's just disappointing because i'm so bloody picky! he should feel lucky! :pac:

Got an email from POF today. Some girl added me to her favourites. Unfortunately for her she is only accepting mails from guys aged 26 or more (I'm 25) so even if I wanted to I couldn't mail her.
    BAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got an email from POF today. Some girl added me to her favourites. Unfortunately for her she is only accepting mails from guys aged 26 or more (I'm 25) so even if I wanted to I couldn't mail her.
    BAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let this be a warning to us all, this path we have chosen can only lead to MADNESS :eek:

Seriously though, someone favourited me last week on POf and I thought they looked really nice so I sent them a message aaaaaaaaand no reply. wtf?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

"Interests - sleep".

Good to know. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement