Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Time for my nightly allocation of unanswered mails from the ladies of POF.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to make these mails more fun to write? It's getting boring looking for something in a girls profile and commenting on it only for the mail to be ignored. Maybe if i do up a generic copy and paste mail..... and send it to the same girl on 2 different sites!!!

Hmmm..... That's an idea..... Right lads, gimme your suggestions for it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

gatecrash wrote: »
    i vote for giving the guy another chance.......

then again.... premature emotions might not be the only thing this prematurely gets......

Or he could be the Isla Fisher character in the wedding crashers!!

I've seen the ads warning about premature prespiration, at least there is a remedy for that!

We have a winner.
    I just been told that I have to move out from apartment Im in,no I wasnt bad,its going on sale.
    If there is someone who have apt or house to let or know somebody who does please contact me.Checked daft but thought I will try here as well.there is me and my baby we are the super tenants,super clean and quiet.
    Im lookin for 2 bed up to 1000 or so euro.now I live in dublin 18 and i would love to stay somewhere here but if not then so be it.love garden,but balcony will do :)
    Thank you very much

Yep, it's a dating/accommodation/Massage with Happy Ending site.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

We have a winner.

Yep, it's a dating/accommodation/Massage with Happy Ending site.....

Your setting the standard pretty high with that one.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Your setting the standard pretty high with that one.

Yeah, I think that's about the best about me i've seen.....

Anyway.... back to the generic copy n paste mail.....

I need ideas here gentlemen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

careymary wrote: »
    I think I might have a commitment phobia, have been chatting to this guy on POF for about two weeks, we met on fri night, all went well, bit of a spark, plenty of banter, all in all a good date by my standards.
    Met up again last night, again another good date, plenty of fun. Got a text when I got home saying "thanks for a great night, really glad i met you, you are somone I could spend the rest of my life with for sure xx"
    It made my blood run cold, am i right in thinking thats a bit full on???
    I sent back a quick "yeah had a good night too" but now I have no interest in meeting him again, talk about scaring someone off!!

Look on the bright side, at least he didn't say he wanted to spend the rest of your life with you :pac:

Look on the bright side, at least he didn't say he wanted to spend the rest of your life with you :pac:

Oh great Kev.... now when she gets done for Murder, we're all accessories.
    I'm too pretty to go to jail!!!! My name will be changed from gatecrash to sweetcheeks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I'm too pretty to go to jail!!!! My name will be changed from gatecrash to sweetcheeks!!

I'm too pretty to go to internet dating jail :pac:

We won't be accessories, merely witnesses, which is so much better. Well, for everyone except careymary.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Dont be silly, I wont get caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

i vote for giving the guy another chance.......

then again.... premature emotions might not be the only thing this prematurely gets......

Or he could be the Isla Fisher character in the wedding crashers!!

He might even pupose on date 4 :eek::D

:pac::pac::P

• Advertisement

Justask wrote: »
    He might even pupose on date 4 :eek::D

:pac::pac::P

Did he not do that be telling her he could spend the rest of his life with her??

Did he not do that be telling her he could spend the rest of his life with her??

Ah no i mean with the whole 2 dozen roses, a big ROCK and 3 little men singing congatulations with banjo's :D

:p

Damn...... I'm having a brain freeze here.

Have found a profile of a really nice girl, good looking, sweet smile, and just comes across as a very nice person, who i would like to get to know better....

Normally i can find something in the profile a li'l bit unique to at least expand on in the mail.

But i'm coming up blank here.... fkn nada.

GRRRRRRRRRRR

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ah no i mean with the whole 2 dozen roses, a big ROCK and 3 little men singing congatulations with banjo's :D

:p

Ah....... Must copy that one for when you meet a bloke and he is looking for hints on proposing! :pac:

Damn...... I'm having a brain freeze here.

Have found a profile of a really nice girl, good looking, sweet smile, and just comes across as a very nice person, who i would like to get to know better....

Normally i can find something in the profile a li'l bit unique to at least expand on in the mail.

But i'm coming up blank here.... fkn nada.

GRRRRRRRRRRR

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

At least your thinking...

If I get one more bloody "Hi" message im going to reach through their screen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Time for my nightly allocation of unanswered mails from the ladies of POF.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to make these mails more fun to write? It's getting boring looking for something in a girls profile and commenting on it only for the mail to be ignored. Maybe if i do up a generic copy and paste mail..... and send it to the same girl on 2 different sites!!!

Hmmm..... That's an idea..... Right lads, gimme your suggestions for it!!!

Hi I always found what you wrote in your mail title made a huge difference most men write just plain old hi or something, try writing something that when they go into there mails yours jumps out at them something like open me always got a few giggles for me mightnt always work but some will pick up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, I hear ya. I've it written on my profile to send me more than a sentence and not just Hi. But I doubt many guys actually even read my profile.

Caught one guy out today with copy & pasting. Told him he'd probably get more replies if he didn't do that because is was frickin' obvious.

Ugh, anyways...

It does no freakin good....... mine get ignored the exact same as the generic Hi's....

Hi I always found what you wrote in your mail title made a huge difference most men write just plain old hi or something, try writing something that when they go into there mails yours jumps out at them something like open me always got a few giggles for me mightnt always work but some will pick up on it.

Every single one of my mail titles references something that she has mentioned in her profile. I'm not the best looking bloke in the world, but have a halfway near decent personality, and i know that my mails and my profile are about as good a shot as i have of someone paying a bit of attention

Ok, not every single one of my mails cos that girl i was talking about up there, ended up with a heading of "coming up blank"...

It's still better than hi though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I think at this stage we are all agreed,when it comes to online dating the ball is firmly in the womans court,if for no other reason than the sheer volume of mails they receive.

I reckon if yer a bloke,unless you are incredibly handsome most of your mails will get ignored so what I would suggest to people getting browned off with a lack of response is to keep the first message snappy,I reckon 5 or 6 lines is lots.At least that way if you get the custard pie you havnt wasted your time composing something much longer and detailed,that can come after you get a response.

• Advertisement

I think at this stage we are all agreed,when it comes to online dating the ball is firmly in the womans court,if for no other reason than the sheer volume of mails they receive.

Never a truer word typed.

I'm just in bad form, that's all! :)

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah, I hear ya. I've it written on my profile to send me more than a sentence and not just Hi. But I doubt many guys actually even read my profile.

Caught one guy out today with copy & pasting. Told him he'd probably get more replies if he didn't do that because is was frickin' obvious.

Ugh, anyways...

OR "Show me your pic and then I will decide if I will talk to you"

And I didnt send him mail, didnt even view his profile :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

OR "Show me your pic and then I will decide if I will talk to you"

And I didnt send him mail, didnt even view his profile :mad:

Ah here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Right, I'm over myself now. Time to venture back into the world of Online Dating....
    The snapping turtle technique of course!
    http://www.wild-facts.com/tag/alligator-snapping-turtle/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Galvasean wrote: »
    Right, I'm over myself now. Time to venture back into the world of Online Dating....
    The snapping turtle technique of course!
    http://www.wild-facts.com/tag/alligator-snapping-turtle/

So what you are saying is you are going to dangle your "worm" and wait for the ladies to come running.......Fair play! :p

I cannot see any way this plan could possibly fail...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    So what you are saying is you are going to dangle your "worm" and wait for the ladies to come running.......Fair play! :p

Oh I get it!! The "worm" is his willy! :pac:

Oh look a message.
    And you all doubted the power of the snapping turtle.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Oh look a message.
    And you all doubted the power of the snapping turtle.

And a favourite.

*wanders off to see the assorted oddballs and psychopaths taht have messaged him*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I noticed that the last week, it gets a much better response. Although, I've figured I'm gonna give up the sites for a while and just take it easy, and then this really nice girl starts to message me:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement