Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

hmm i don't think my last mail had a title :confused:

my guy hasn't gotten back to me, he mustn't like me, say it aint so zoology guy! *wails*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Gillo wrote: »
    I noticed that the last week, it gets a much better response. Although, I've figured I'm gonna give up the sites for a while and just take it easy, and then this really nice girl starts to message me:confused:

Well dont give the site a rest just yet then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh I get it!! The "worm" is his willy! :pac:

Aye that would be right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Ok, so the make my mind blank lady hasn't read her mails yet, so I could yet break my record of no more than 4 mails from a non boardsie!!

The rest for tonight were all no replies.

10 days, then I'm off the sites. I'll stay on the thread to wish all y'all luck though, and to keep up with the latest urban dictionary corruption of a normal phrase/word!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ever get that feeling when you had the flu and every thing tasts like cardboard. am kinda getting that feeling with these sites

all the girls look different, but they say the same stupid thing. how they are easy going and how their friends tell them they are kind and gentle and all that stuff.

they all behave the same too by the lok of it.

somehow think it is a bit over rated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

There should really be a limit as to what I should type into an opening message. Jaysus, I just ramble on and on. :pac:

Told a girl that she has a nice smile and that there's something warm about it and then proceeded to say that my laptop was currently burning my legs.

Oh random tangents, you will be my pit fall. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

well as mentioned earlier, talking girl who had no picture, got a peek, and shes pretty and probably wouldnt cared been chatting all evening getting on well, so date no1 is now planned.

manafana wrote: »
    well as mentioned earlier, talking girl who had no picture, got a peek, and shes pretty and probably wouldnt cared been chatting all evening getting on well, so date no1 is now planned.

Nice one mate.

Does she have friends? :pac:

That'd be a great first date conversation. "Hi there, lovely to meet you. Oh by the way a guy from the internet wants you to hook him up with one or some of your friends".

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ever get that feeling when you had the flu and every thing tasts like cardboard. am kinda getting that feeling with these sites

all the girls look different, but they say the same stupid thing. how they are easy going and how their friends tell them they are kind and gentle and all that stuff.

they all behave the same too by the lok of it.

somehow think it is a bit over rated.

I don't say anything like that in my profile. I don't know why people write things like "kind", "gentle", "genuine" "good sense of humour" etc. I mean don't most people think that about themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nice one mate.

Does she have friends? :pac:

That'd be a great first date conversation. "Hi there, lovely to meet you. Oh by the way a guy from the internet wants you to hook him up with one or some of your friends".

"That's him there outside with his face pressed against the window....wait....where are you going??"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Well, I think I'm funny...

Girl just asked me if I have a Bebo account....

*backs away slowly*

Girl just asked me if I have a Bebo account....

*backs away slowly*

Bebo? BEBO!?!?! Has she been in a coma?

"That's him there outside with his face pressed against the window....wait....where are you going??"

Hopefully to get her mates. :pac:

Lads and lassies I guess. Would you date somebody with a kid?

Just reading a girl's profile and she likes pretty much the music I like, loves a lot of the films I like and has very similar interests to me. She's absolutely stunning as a bonus too but has a kid.

I'm a bit put off by it tbh. Just wondering if any of ye lot would go for it or leave it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Just reading a girl's profile and she likes pretty much the music I like, loves a lot of the films I like and has very similar interests to me. She's absolutely stunning as a bonus too but has a kid.

I'm a bit put off by it tbh. Just wondering if any of ye lot would go for it or leave it?

Wouldn't put me off as a policy decision, but you'd have to start with being aware of the logistics involved and the possibility of the impact from the relationship with the father. Probably fair to mention it and ask questions early on and decide how to proceed from there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Couldn't hurt to give it a go man, personally I wouldn't mind if she has a kid, I'd approach it from a crossing that bridge when I get to it kind of stand point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

I saw guys are getting stick for writing "Hi" messages but i've had a few from girls saying things like "you're gorgeous" and while that's nice it annoys me that the onus is on me to then write them a long message to try and get conversation going to which some of them have wb "you ask a lot of questions" :pac:

having said that I wb to a girl who only sent me ":)" in a mail and she turned out to be really chatty and pretty, said we would meet up but didn't set anything. Exchanged phone numbers, but is it odd that I actually prefer writing to people on POF than texting. its like the conversation was killed and i have to resort to sending her texts asking "how was your day" etc :cool:

A girl with no pics i was messaging sent me her pic and I wb saying she was cute, and she went ballistic telling that's what you would call a child! then i happened to of been off line for a couple of hours and she had sent me a message saying "real nice time to not wb to a girl after she Just sent ya her pic". I think she is a bit of a Joker though i can imagine for the people who have the private pics they prob don't appreciate being blanked the second the pics are brought out. :pac: She seems pretty funny though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I had two friends that had an issue with this when they dated girls with a kid, one couldn't deal with playing the dad, he was in his mid 20s at the time and dumped a stunning girl because he couldn't handle the whole Daddy role. He still regrets breaking up with her to this day.

The second guy seen the kid as competition for his then gfs attention and affection. Nice guy but very needy of attention all the time and after that experience he never dated a woman with a kid again. I don't have a problem myself dating a woman with kids.

flatnn wrote: »
    I saw guys are getting stick for writing "Hi" messages but i've had a few from girls saying things like "you're gorgeous" and while that's nice it annoys me that the onus is on me to then write them a long message to try and get conversation going to which some of them have wb "you ask a lot of questions" :pac:

having said that I wb to a girl who only sent me ":)" in a mail and she turned out to be really chatty and pretty,

I think by and large girls can get away with sending tiny messages (or ad a guy to their favouites, sit and wait until he messages her [snapping turtkes!]). Such is the way of online dating. Since guys usually dont get anywhere near as much mail as girls the girls dont have to put in as much effort.

• Advertisement

This has been discussed on this thread before.

I wouldn't because I have done already, twice. And both times they didn't have a good relationship with the ex and I ended up having to listen to them bitch and moan about the ex. :cool:

My brother dated a girl for a over year and when they broke up he was gutted because not only was he losing his partner, he was losing the kids as well. And he had built up a great relationship with them.

I guess it's the chance you got to take and everyone is different but for me, going on my past experience, I wouldn't, no.

TBH, I'd be a bit put off by it. I just don't think I'm mature enough to date someone with a kid and I guess she'd also need to spend a lot of time with said kid.
    However, one of my best friends who is younger than me (recently turned 24) met a wonderful woman (who had a school aged kid from a previous relationship) a couple of years back and has since married her. They're a great couple and a great family too.
    While, I dont think its for me right now, I could be swayed at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I think it depends on your age and situation. I would not at the minute as I don't feel I'm at that stage in life. I think you need to be a bit more settled than I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Anyone else come across any "revenge" accounts? Facepic and then when you read down you get the vibe that perhaps an ex wrote the profile.
    Interests
    Boozing
    smoking
    bitching
    moaning
    stalking
    eating cake while moaning that Im fat
    being a bad influence on others
    axe murdering
    throwing tantrums

That was the tame part.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I just don't think I'm mature enough to date someone with a kid
    While, I dont think its for me right now, I could be swayed at some point.
    I would not at the minute as I don't feel I'm at that stage in life. I think you need to be a bit more settled than I am.

This is not the first time we have posted eerily similar sentiments at exactly the same time on this thread....

I think it depends on your age and situation. I would not at the minute as I don't feel I'm at that stage in life. I think you need to be a bit more settled than I am.

I'm 22. Same age as her but tbh I don't think I'm mature enough to have that kind of relationship if I'm honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Galvasean wrote: »
    This is not the first time we have posted eerily similar sentiments at exactly the same time on this thread....

Are we the same person? Long lost twins? Despite having different ages :pac:

Long lost twins? Despite having different ages :pac:

It was a LONG labour...

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Anyone else come across any "revenge" accounts? Facepic and then when you read down you get the vibe that perhaps an ex wrote the profile.

That was the tame part.

That's quite pathetic tbh.

• Advertisement

Corsendonk wrote: »

That was the tame part.

I think you can report those profiles.

There was one going around for a while a few weeks back, I only saw the profile photo, in search of a girl flashing her boobs. I'm guessing it was done in revenge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement