Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Anyone else come across any "revenge" accounts? Facepic and then when you read down you get the vibe that perhaps an ex wrote the profile.

Pfft now, that is real. She sounds like my dream girl :P:pac:

I don't really understand that mindset, like why would you bother setting up a profile about an ex? Somebody that does that needs a good slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anyone else come across any "revenge" accounts? Facepic and then when you read down you get the vibe that perhaps an ex wrote the profile.

I came across something similar once on OKC. Either an ex or an enemy clearly wrote it. I actually reported the profile and they took it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Galvasean wrote: »
    It was a LONG labour...

Good things come to those who wait :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    There was one going around for a while a few weeks back, I only saw the profile photo, in search of a girl flashing her boobs. I'm guessing it was done in revenge.

Typical, the week i stop using the site there's boobies :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Despite saying a few pages back that I wouldnt try online dating again, i just went on to POF and I wont even fill out their mandatory fields!

My income? The longest relationship I've been in?

Fck OFF, would ya!

• Advertisement

I really dont like when dating sites ask you your income. It encourages gold-diggerism IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Typical, the week i stop using the site there's boobies :rolleyes:

Well it would only show up if you were looking for guys.
    I really dont like when dating sites ask you your income. It encourages gold-diggerism IMO.

But PoF doesn't show any income on it, does it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Despite saying a few pages back that I wouldnt try online dating again, i just went on to POF and I wont even fill out their mandatory fields!

My income? The longest relationship I've been in?

Fck OFF, would ya!

Yeah something funny about all the never ending questionaires that they ask you to fill out on POF. Great info for scammers if they crack the site security.

But PoF doesn't show any income on it, does it? :confused:

Nope, its used for its behind the scenes matching software so you end up with the right social class!

Nope, its used for its behind the scenes matching software so you end up with the right social class!

Damn it! Back to update my profile to I earn lots of cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Damn it! Back to update my profile to I earn lots of cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golddigger!:pac:

Golddigger!:pac:

No, student! :pac:

..oh.. yeah.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

and liars :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Yeah something funny about all the never ending questionaires that they ask you to fill out on POF. Great info for scammers if they crack the site security.

Especially since the security is, or at least was, unbelievably crappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Doing a search last night and this girl came up, good looking and all that so i clicked into her profile. "Hi I'm a 28 yr old blah de blah...."

My searches are limited to 29 upwards so, taking into consideration what Galvasean and others were saying last week, I decided I'd mail her, just to give her a heads up about it.

And this morning her profile says 29! Yaaaay me!!

She didn't re[ply or say thanks or anything like that, but at least i can point to SOME action on POF!! :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

gatecrash wrote: »
    Doing a search last night and this girl came up, good looking and all that so i clicked into her profile. "Hi I'm a 28 yr old blah de blah...."

My searches are limited to 29 upwards so, taking into consideration what Galvasean and others were saying last week, I decided I'd mail her, just to give her a heads up about it.

And this morning her profile says 29! Yaaaay me!!

She didn't re[ply or say thanks or anything like that, but at least i can point to SOME action on POF!! :D:pac:

Unless the profile was less than 2 weeks old, she couldn't have changed the age - it's locked down after 2 weeks. So, maybe it was her birthday yesterday.....and she now knows your face and has read your mail......you know what your next mail to her is gonna say.....:pac:

Unless the profile was less than 2 weeks old, she couldn't have changed the age - it's locked down after 2 weeks. So, maybe it was her birthday yesterday.....and she now knows your face and has read your mail......you know what your next mail to her is gonna say.....:pac:

Apologies, it was her about me bit that had "Hi I'm a 28 year old blah de blah"

Now it has "Hi, I'm a 29 year old with an internet barring order on Gatecrash, blah de blah"

By the way, in case anyone is thinking my self pitying posts on this thread are a bit boring and annoying, i'm not being at all serious.... I have a healthy enough amount of self confidence to take being knocked back by a bunch of women i've never met or am likely to ever meet....

Two girls this week have asked to meet up, I'm not a coffee drinker or day-dater so this could end up costing me a fortune buying drinks :eek:

I think one of them mentioned before saying she was interested in meeting that she had something on this weekend so that may spread it out a little at least :pac:

What is the etiquette for these kind of things? obviously if it was a girl i knew in real life i'd prob pay for everything.

flatnn wrote: »
    Two girls this week have asked to meet up, I'm not a coffee drinker or day-dater so this could end up costing me a fortune buying drinks :eek:

I think one of them mentioned before saying she was interested in meeting that she had something on this weekend so that may spread it out a little at least :pac:

What is the etiquette for these kind of things? obviously if it was a girl i knew in real life i'd prob pay for everything.

My own opinion is, 1st date, bloke pays for the first couple of drinks.

You are only talking a drink or 2. After that she will probably offer to buy the next one anyway.

• Advertisement

You are only talking a drink or 2. After that she will probably offer to buy the next one anyway.

How do the serial daters on here cope with this must nearly end up costing 50e a date a least and then taxi home etc. or do they opt to not go for evening drinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yep. I always get the 3rd drink - if he deserves one! :p

How do the serial daters on here cope with this must nearly end up costing 50e a date a least and then taxi home etc. or do they opt to not go for evening drinks?

I dunno.. I don't get too many dates!! :pac::D:D

The last couple of first dates i had were coffee/chat type interview dates, to see about Mr. Spark.

If the spark is there then its safe to introduce alcohol.

I had one or 2 first dates when i first started on the sites a couple of years ago where we were both drinking and out of mutual loneliness we ended up sleeping together, and I'm not after a series on one nighters. So I try not to bring drink into it on the first time out any more, because that is not particularly fulfilling.

Chance of one date would be a fine thing let alone a few!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

With my ex, I paid for quite a lot at the start, but in fairness she was a mature student and didn't have a lot of cash. Although normally, I'd expect it to be split evenly enough (I'm not saying get out the calculator), hope that doesn't sound scabby but the guys on a date too, maybe if I was earning a fortune it wouldn't bother me.

Gillo wrote: »
    Although normally, I'd expect it to be split evenly enough (I'm not saying get out the calculator), hope that doesn't sound scabby but the guys on a date too, maybe if I was earning a fortune it wouldn't bother me.

No it doesnt sound scabby at all but I cant stand blokes who buy one drink and then say 'get the next one in' or something to that effect! Now that's scabby!

ah its just about 3 girls im messaging seem to want to meet, two of which id be interested enough in.

Im more comfortable with night time drinks, not sure the girls either seem like they'd want day time coffee. more chance of even a cheeky ware after a few drinks :cool:

Actually bowling or something i'd like to do on a date, maybe more 2nd date kinda thing, but actually expensive enough too. ah well ill need to narrow the field i suppose and decide who i like most. still need to have money to go out with the lads too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Dovies wrote: »
    No it doesnt sound scabby at all but I cant stand blokes who buy one drink and then say 'get the next one in' or something to that effect! Now that's scabby!

Jesus, I'd never do that!! If the drinks were nearly gone and they didn't offer to buy I'd get a some more in alright. But if it was still happening a few dates in, it'd be a deal breaker, I like to pay my own way and suppose I'd generally expect other people too also.

Gillo wrote: »
    Jesus, I'd never do that!! If the drinks were nearly gone and they didn't offer to buy I'd get a some more in alright. But if it was still happening a few dates in, it'd be a deal breaker, I like to pay my own way and suppose I'd generally expect other people too also.

Too right. I always head to the bar before the drinks are gone if he hasnt done it already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Had my first internet date recently, it went ok in that it wasn't weird or anything. Nice person all in all, just not for me.

2 "gripes" I guess...(1) Photo and person-ok it was the same person, but it was a cropped photo, and when meeting them, the photo didn't reflect what the person looked like. (2) Think I spent too much time chatting online to them and had kind of built an idea of what they would be like personality wise, which wasn't the case at all.

So, not the best outcome I guess, but it hasnt put me off. I'll keep trying this, just change a few things on how I approach it I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement