Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Ive paid for everything so far and we are going out a few months!

Then again, Im awfully rich :D

I'd feel weird accepting the guy to pay for everything all the time. But I guess different strokes for different folks.

P.S. If it doesn't work out, PM me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My friends suggested I join POF a few days ago. So far, I have gotten countless, "hey, how r u? xxx" messages. Even some messages that just say, "hi". Totally frustrating!

Definitely think women have it easier on dating sites, especially younger women. Was talking about it all with a male friend. He's quite attractive but yet has only ever received a few messages, where I have gotten so many and all we differ in is gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Larianne wrote: »
    I'd feel weird accepting the guy to pay for everything all the time. But I guess different strokes for different folks.

P.S. If it doesn't work out, PM me! :p

Certainly on a first date with a stranger I wouldn't be expecting to pay for everything, or if I did it was cause she offered to get a round but I was too stupidly into her to allow it :P

I think spending a load of money does change the dynamic somewhat, especially when ye're trying to start a friendship and romantic ball rolling at the same time.
    I wouldn't have a major problem buying drinks for a girl if she was broke and it would cause hassle if she wanted to stay longer, but if we're both working I think it's a bit weird for the guy to get all the drinks. Different again when ye actually start going out, I don't mind treating a girlfriend to a night of drinksies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Despite saying a few pages back that I wouldnt try online dating again, i just went on to POF and I wont even fill out their mandatory fields!

My income? The longest relationship I've been in?

Fck OFF, would ya!
    Ya I got a bit annoyed when they started making fields mandatory, so every time I try to edit there's something new I have to fill in; with my 'code-haxxing skillzors' though, I found that the checks are only in your browser, not on the site.

If you know a bit of HTML/Javascript, you can use Firefox + Firebug to disable the checks, and skip filling in mandatory stuff...but then, probably only me that's pedantic/stubborn enough to do that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Novella wrote: »
    Definitely think women have it easier on dating sites, especially younger women. Was talking about it all with a male friend. He's quite attractive but yet has only ever received a few messages, where I have gotten so many and all we differ in is gender.

I have to admit, it is one of the things that frustrates me about the sites, coming up with a mail that shows you've read someones profile, a non "hi how are you", or "nice smile" header, and yet because of a deluge of drivel my masterpeices get lost in the shuffle... ah well....

;)

• Advertisement

Jebus the OKC site asks a FECK Load of questions....

All this for a few days??

Is it worth it i ask myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

gatecrash wrote: »

Gatey got a datey!!! :pac::pac::pac:

That sounds like something that dude from Take Me Out would say :p

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    That sounds like something that dude from Take Me Out would say :p

Well he can't.

Cos his name isn't Gatecrash.

Nor is mine in 3D world mind you, but hey.....

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

Just got a breathless e-mail from OKC that someone (insert user name here) is checking me out right now!!!!!!!!!!!! (complete with explanation points!)

In body of e-mail it says

• we're smart about sending these: we'll only ever send one
    per person you view
    • viewing someone a bunch won't send multiples
    • therefore you can stalk safely without looking like a stalker

I am so confused :rolleyes: anyone else got one of these?

I should clarify that the someone is actually a username. Hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

yeah i've gotten maybe 4 or 5 now. i think it may actually be true and all, cause right after one of them came in, i got a message from the guy it said was looking. crazy technology!

yeah i've gotten maybe 4 or 5 now. i think it may actually be true and all, cause right after one of them came in, i got a message from the guy it said was looking. crazy technology!

Really weird. It says we are an exceptional match!

He is hawt so here's hoping :D

posy2010 wrote: »

:D but is he exceptionally hot!? :pac:

:D but is he exceptionally hot!? :pac:

Ha I love OKC's rampant use of hyperbole :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

posy2010 wrote: »

I was browsing OKC today...:cool:

i joined it today.

really don't know why though!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What's the point in somebody adding me as a favourite yet when I message them, I don't get anything back. :rolleyes:

That_Guy wrote: »
    What's the point in somebody adding me as a favourite yet when I message them, I don't get anything back. :rolleyes:

cos they are teasing? Collecting mails to tell their mates about on a Saturday night over a bottle of wine before they head out?

That's the advanced version of playing hard to get :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Went on a date (first since the unpleasantness) with a very nice girl today. However, I have absolutely no physical or romantic attraction to her whatsoever. Any advice on letting her down gently?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Just be honest mate.She may be thinking the same and IME its fairly easy to tell when there is no mutual spark there.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Went on a date (first since the unpleasantness) with a very nice girl today. However, I have absolutely no physical or romantic attraction to her whatsoever. Any advice on letting her down gently?

Say it. Be straight up. As Otis said, she probably has an idea, but the last thing you want is for her to be thinking there is a future, when there isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Yup, been there, being honest is best, I've got the t-shirt and got some sound friends because of it :pac:

That's the advanced version of playing hard to get :cool:

Blah I say. Blah!! :pac:

Just tell her mate. Best to be up front about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I should probably ad that I think it's to do with me not being over said 'unpleasantness'. Should I mention that or would that seem patronising / like an excuse?

Blah I say. Blah!! :pac:

Oh I hear your blah,in fact I bleugh at your blah.games are not for me,no siree bob

I should probably ad that I think it's to do with me not being over said 'unpleasantness'. Should I mention that or would that seem patronising / like an excuse?

I'd leave that bit out of it if i was you.

It just sounds trite.

Noooooooooo.

I wouldn't mention that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I wouldnt mention it.

It was only one date after all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement