Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

they are........ she's checking i told the truth in there :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lads, I think we need to give up the online dating and move across the pond. Talking to a lad in the Newcastle forum and he said the ladies over there were fawning over his Irish accent when he was there last weekend.

Who's coming to Tyneside with me? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

MudSkipper wrote: »
    they are........ she's checking i told the truth in there :confused:

Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

That_Guy wrote: »
    Lads, I think we need to give up the online dating and move across the pond. Talking to a lad in the Newcastle forum and he said the ladies over there were fawning over his Irish accent when he was there last weekend.

Yeah heard its like Liverpool on steroids, the girls do the chatting up not the guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Got a couple of hits today. one on POF wants to meet me. One on OKC wants to set up something this weeked and another initiated a conversation, although think she is more interested in one of my hobbies.

Oh there is one keeps coming up on my search but i am outside the age group she is looking for by a year. do you contact these ones or just hide them.? we are 88 percent match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I haven't seen any boardsies on PoF. :cool:

(maybe that's a good thing! :pac: )

well there are bouncy boardsie babies out there so it cant be that bad.

Larianne wrote: »
    I haven't seen any boardsies on PoF. :cool:

(maybe that's a good thing! :pac: )

Pale? Look like an extra from the effects of methadone withdrawal poster campaign with mad follow you around the room eyes?:pac:

well there are bouncy boardsie babies out there so it cant be that bad.

I just meant in that.. if you went on a date with a boardsie you couldn't eh, bitch about them here! :)
    Corsendonk wrote: »
    Pale? Look like an extra from the effects of methadone withdrawal poster campaign with mad follow you around the room eyes?:pac:

Oh yes, pale... But I'm pale.. but I have life in my eyez..

I just meant in that.. if you went on a date with a boardsie you couldn't eh, bitch about them here! :)

Oh yes, pale... But I'm pale.. but I have life in my eyez..

Its your own life in your eyes or the intended victim? You could be the black window of POF, luring poor innocent guys like us to a plot under your patio :P

Anyone else having problems with the POF search option? I am searching Dublin but getting results for Westmeath, Wicklow etc

• Advertisement

Its your own life in your eyes or the intended victim? You could be the black window of POF, luring poor innocent guys like us to a plot under your patio :P

Anyone else having problems with the POF search option? I am searching Dublin but getting results for Westmeath, Wicklow etc

Maybe you've exhausted all of Dublin so they are sending you further afield?! :pac:

Maybe you've exhausted all of Dublin so they are sending you further afield?! :pac:

Only 200 countries left to go:P

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

My POF profile must be seriously crap or else i've blocked 98% of the traffic at this stage , nobody messaging with no photo up :(

My POF profile must be seriously crap or else i've blocked 98% of the traffic at this stage , nobody messaging with no photo up :(

I think it ebbs and flows.

You would get more responses if you put a photo or two up.

You could ask one of the lads to have a look and give you some pointers on your profile..

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Ah im the same as that :(

I think it ebbs and flows.

You would get more responses if you put a photo or two up.

You could ask one of the lads to have a look and give you some pointers on your profile..

I'd taken it down. As a test really. I lost that one :(

I'm needy tonight , tomorrow i'll be back to complaining about getting mails again :D

My problem is that most of the women on it aren't even making an effort to sound different on their profiles, that or they are pretty obnoxcious

Only one or two on there tonight were of any interest.

and have noticed all the professional photographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

That_Guy wrote: »

All I'm gonna say is that moving here for college was the best decision of my life :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I'd taken it down. As a test really. I lost that one :(

I'm needy tonight , tomorrow i'll be back to complaining about getting mails again :D

<HUUUUUUUUGS>

Oh, and it was a nice picture too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I would never contact someone who had no photo up.
    I'm not being shallow I just go for both looks and personality and if I can't see both up front I go no further. My POF is set up so that if you do not have a photo then you can't contact me (unless you have private ones in which case I see all of them when you message me).

I know some people are very shy and don't necessarily want everyone to know they are on a dating site which is fine for people who don't mind seeing a photo up front.

If you want me to take a look at your profile send me a PM :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

You mean no photo at all, or photos hidden? Are you sending mails and attaching your photo?

On the photos v no photos, I'll repeat what I said before - I mailed a girl with no pic 'cos I like her profile and she turned out to be very beautiful. Early days and all, but there have been developments and it was definitely worth the punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Folks Im on POF and mails have dwindled - nothing new there! Think my profile needs a new look - I have never asked anyone to check it so it could be rubbish. Anyone want to take a look? Im 42 by the way not one of you 18 year olds. :D

Dovies wrote: »
    Folks Im on POF and mails have dwindled - nothing new there! Think my profile needs a new look - I have never asked anyone to check it so it could be rubbish. Anyone want to take a look? Im 42 by the way not one of you 18 year olds. :D

* wistfully remembers 18 years old...

Able to go out, have a few drinks, got to a club, go to a chippers and STILL have change of £30 in the morning*

Fade back to reality..........

kingtut wrote: »
    I would never contact someone who had no photo up.
    I'm not being shallow I just go for both looks and personality and if I can't see both up front I go no further. My POF is set up so that if you do not have a photo then you can't contact me (unless you have private ones in which case I see all of them when you message me).

I know some people are very shy and don't necessarily want everyone to know they are on a dating site which is fine for people who don't mind seeing a photo up front.

If you want me to take a look at your profile send me a PM :)

I just didn't like leaving the photos up when i was offline mostly.

Anyway i've just deleted my account , it's not for me at all.

Best of luck everyone!

Dovies wrote: »

You might want to mention if your fem or male, we already had foot in mouth with Autosport:D

Best of luck everyone!

See ya around Fee!!

best of luck!

Best of luck everyone!

Cheers, you never know go to a boards meetup and you might meet someone you like :)

You might want to mention if your fem or male, we already had foot in mouth with Autosport:D

With the username 'Dovies' the OP must be female :cool:

We thought the masculine sounding nick of Autosport was male until she pointed out it was Miss....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Lol yep female.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement