Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Dovies wrote: »
    Folks Im on POF and mails have dwindled - nothing new there! Think my profile needs a new look - I have never asked anyone to check it so it could be rubbish. Anyone want to take a look? Im 42 by the way not one of you 18 year olds. :D

PM me the link if you like and I will give it a critical analysis when I get in from work.Im nearer 42 than 18 btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

nearer 42 than 18 btw!

:eek:

Hmm, it seems that beautiful girl from OKC who had no pictures on her profile has decided to stop messaging me.
    Oh well, back to toddle about on my own in my mansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Message I just received on POF :

"stunner.

send me naked pics? :)"

/shakes head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Novella wrote: »

"stunner.

/shakes head

Hmmmm

Stunner , eh??

Send me a link to the profile instead?? :pac::P;):D

• Advertisement

"stunner.

/shakes head

Wait, which way did you shake your head?

gatecrash wrote: »
    Hmmmm

Stunner , eh??

Send me a link to the profile instead?? :pac::P;):D

Smooth! :p
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Wait, which way did you shake your head?

Not in a yes way!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

im confused at the moment. been mailing a guy on pof for a few weeks now. at the moment were talkin about pizza and i said "we'll go get half and half" and he said "deal", so is that a basic yes to a first date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

amandaf675 wrote: »
    im confused at the moment. been mailing a guy on pof for a few weeks now. at the moment were talkin about pizza and i said "we'll go get half and half" and he said "deal", so is that a basic yes to a first date?

YES :D

Wooohooooo so when is this date ???????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

"stunner.

/shakes head

Sounds like someone got a hold of my generic message! :pac:

• Advertisement

Whats with all the young men looking for older woman (older now not OLD :D)??:confused:

Reply back with a 'when & where'

That'll sort the men from the boys

Sounds so, you don't want to overdo the chatting online.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Sounds like someone got a hold of my generic message! :pac:

He also attached me quite a... nice (?) picture of himself... with his tongue hanging out. :pac:

He also attached me quite a... nice (?) picture of himself... with his tongue hanging out. :pac:

Pure Class! :D Print that out and use it to scare the burglars.

I came across a profile that had smoking listed as "occasionally" but yet all her 4 photos had her with a cig in her hand!

I was actually just thinking how bad it'd be if someone from here had sent me that message! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Justask wrote: »
    Whats with all the young men looking for older woman (older now not OLD :D)??:confused:

Sure why wouldn't they? Plenty of girls on dating sites looking for older men. I'd rather somebody my own age, but I can see why some would look for older women.

Edit: Also as with almost everything to do with men on dating sites, there will be some who think it is a route to sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

At least it was only his tongue.

Sure why wouldn't they? Plenty of girls on dating sites looking for older men. I'd rather somebody my own age, but I can see why some would look for older women.

Edit: Also as with almost everything to do with men on dating sites, there will be some who think it is a route to sex.

Ugh ok :eek:

Only asked...wont again

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Most will have their own place.

Plus, some can be easier to giving out teh sex.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Most will have their own place.

Plus, some can be easier to giving out teh sex.

I mean 18/19 year olds contacting late 30's woman :confused:

Ah well must float some boats :)

some like that kinda thing...

As i said a few pages back, apparently i'm toyboy/cougar material cos the last 5 of 6 women on POF who have checked me out without me visiting their profile or writing are all 10-15 years older than me.

And maybe the 18/19 yr old blokes are playing on the fact that they are at their sexual peak at that stage, and as larianne said, some women might like that sort of action

Think i'll stick to my own age group :o

Oh god that such an ole one thing to say :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hansanter

Hey All, I'm new to this online dating stuff. I've gathered what POF is but what site is OKC ? I've been looking through match.com but I'm wondering what's generally regarded as the best dating sites? Also, has anybody any useful tips. I'm a geezer, from Dublin :)

Hansanter wrote: »
    Hey All, I'm new to this online dating stuff. I've gathered what POF is but what site is OKC ? I've been looking through match.com but I'm wondering what's generally regarded as the best dating sites? Also, has anybody any useful tips. I'm a geezer, from Dublin :)

Yup tip!!! "your a gentleman" Not a GEEZER :D

OKC is okcupid

Plenty of Fish seems to be popular here.

Connecting singles is good also they have regular meet up event.

Best of luck :)

I believe the term is MILF Hunters. Look on the positives you must be pretty hot to get all that attention.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    I believe the term is MILF Hunters. Look on the positives you must be pretty hot to get all that attention.

Or bored waiting for their mums to cook their dinner lol

But i'll got with your positive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Ugh ok :eek:

Only asked...wont again

I didn't say sex is what they are all looking for, just acknowledging that a section of them will think like that. There'll be plenty of others who are just fed up of younger girls and prefer older women.

and speaking as a bloke in his mid 30's there is NOTHING wrong with women in their 30's!! :D

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with older women, dated a couple of them in the past and I found them very much more comfortable with themselves than some my own age or younger at the time. If you both fancy each other and have that spark whats age got to do with it is my thinking.

P.S Course if they did take the exhubby to the cleaners that helps :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement