Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Justask wrote: »
    I mean 18/19 year olds contacting late 30's woman :confused:

I meant the ladies will have a place of their own, whereas the 18/19 years old may still be living at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Dammit.

Why did you lot not tell me about OKC before i decide to give the sites a break??

So far i'm having really nice chats with people. Real people. And they don't appear to be boardsies either!!

I joined it yesterday and sent out about 10 mails between today and yesterday. So far i'm on replies from 4 ladies.

That's like twice the amount of non boardsie chats i've had on POF. for a SHEDLOAD less mails!

GRRRRRRRRR

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

OK Cupid seems to have a lot less traffic on it but I've noticed that people tend to reply back more on OKC myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I shows a lot of people who haven't logged in in ages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

gatecrash wrote: »
    Reply back with a 'when & where'

That'll sort the men from the boys

he said leave it with me... Now im extra confused

• Advertisement

amandaf675 wrote: »

Ah that's just being a jackass.

Unless he is breaking open the piggybank right now that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Give it a day or two. If he doesn't message you back he's probably not that bothered unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

could mean he's checking out when he can do it.. or he's buying time to consider if he wants to go out with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Thats just taking the piss :(

Ah that's just being a jackass.

Unless he is breaking open the piggybank right now that is.

he has a savage Audi and a dacent job so i doubt that :D
    (and i know this from friends who know him)
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Give it a day or two. If he doesn't message you back he's probably not that bothered unfortunately.

Ah he aint stopped really messaging me unless hes offline haha
    could mean he's checking out when he can do it.. or he's buying time to consider if he wants to go out with you.

That could be very true

• Advertisement

Justask wrote: »
    Thats just taking the piss :(

i think wexford guys like playing mind games

he has a savage Audi and a dacent job so i doubt that :D
    (and i know this from friends who know him)

I have a decent job too, but at the end of the month sometimes i'm kinda counting the pennies until payday....

By the way, is it Friday yet?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

and speaking as a bloke in his mid 30's there is NOTHING wrong with women in their 30's!! :D
    Well of course not:cool::P
    Corsendonk wrote: »
    If you both fancy each other and have that spark whats age got to do with it is my thinking.

I agree,:) I've dated younger men and men around my own age. Age makes no difference to me really.

I have a decent job too, but at the end of the month sometimes i'm kinda counting the pennies until payday....

By the way, is it Friday yet?? :D

Neaaarrly :D

Neaaarrly :D

I wouldn't write him off until the far side of the weekend.

and if you know people who know him, why not use them for an arranged informal meetup??
    Few drinks with mutual friends rather than a proper date type of thing.... might be easier.
    You could share the pizza on the way home!!

ah ill give him a bit longer.. hes off away this weekend so he cant and im working anyway so i cant

ah ill give him a bit longer.. hes off away this weekend so he cant and im working anyway so i cant

Well there ya have it.

He's away + you are working = He'll get back to you.

No need to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Amanda, hopefully hes not a chancer like the 2 that wanted to go on dates with me, weeks and weeks ago, never happened!

Sounds like hes not like them at all, nice to have a week to have the build up to the date, oooh the butterflies :D:D;)

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Amanda, hopefully hes not a chancer like the 2 that wanted to go on dates with me, weeks and weeks ago, never happened!

Sounds like hes not like them at all, nice to have a week to have the build up to the date, oooh the butterflies :D:D;)

Hi D, welcome back!!

Any joy yourself?

Ah if he is he is, haha im not too bothered :D

• Advertisement

Damn Ive been mailing this guy back and forth this evening, he asked about a date, checked out his profile again and noticed I had overlooked something originally in his marital status, woudl never normally have mailed him back if I had noticed this before :o

Damn Ive been mailing this guy back and forth this evening, he asked about a date, checked out his profile again and noticed I had overlooked something originally in his marital status, woudl never normally have mailed him back if I had noticed this before :o

What? As in he is??

Hi D, welcome back!!

Any joy yourself?

Hiya GC :D

see my previous post, I'm a disaster!:rolleyes:

What? As in he is??

Separated, dont fancy the whole ex wife scenario, I'm all about the quiet life :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Separated, dont fancy the whole ex wife scenario, I'm all about the quiet life :rolleyes:

Yeah but even if they have never been married they still could have a psycho crazy ex....

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Yeah but even if they have never been married they still could have a psycho crazy ex....

True but was so disappointed when I noticed that

A date won't kill ya though?

They could be separated for years, just waiting on a amicable divorce to be finalised? Never know unless you try.....

They could be separated for years, just waiting on a amicable divorce to be finalised? Never know unless you try.....

I know its just the whole divorcee thing and all the baggage that goes with that

I know its just the whole divorcee thing and all the baggage that goes with that

If it's amicable, and just a matter of signing a piece of paper, all the financial stuff has been dealt with ages ago.

i wouldn't rule it out.... not until you find out the story.

And that means a face to face meet up.

Anyone around our age will have baggage D.

feck it, even the girl 8 years younger than me that i'm mailing is bound to have some baggage!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah that's true but if she's going into a dating scenario with someone she already has doubts about/not her thing, then what's the point? It's getting the guys hopes up and wasting her time.

Go with your gut Denise. I've twice put my feelings aside when friends had said to me "give him a chance" etc. etc. when I knew myself it wasn't gonna work out. And it didn't. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement