Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah that's true but if she's going into a dating scenario with someone she already has doubts about/not her thing, then what's the point? It's getting the guys hopes up and wasting her time.

Go with your gut Denise. I've twice put my feelings aside when friends had said to me "give him a chance" etc. etc. when I knew myself it wasn't gonna work out. And it didn't. :cool:

Fair point. I never looked at it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I feel really bad now because if I hadnt checked his profile again there is nothing I dont like about his mails, banter and looks.Damn why did I look!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Go with it Denise, hey I'm seperated it's pretty amicable and just a case of waiting for the divorce to come though, he could well be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Denisejcc wrote: »
    I feel really bad now because if I hadnt checked his profile again there is nothing I dont like about his mails, banter and looks.Damn why did I look!:o

Maybe just ask him about it then? Be honest with him. I think honesty is the best policy, especially with online dating stuff.

Maybe it's Gillo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Have any of ye actually messaged one another without realising it's a boardsie yet?

• Advertisement

Maybe just ask him about it then? Be honest with him. I think honesty is the best policy, especially with online dating stuff.

Ha ha ha , yeah I better shut up now, in case he is on Boards!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

No, its not, maybe I should write to her and see if I get a reply

That_Guy wrote: »
    Have any of ye actually messaged one another without realising it's a boardsie yet?

YUP!

Sent Fee Fi a message last week. Straight away she popped on here saying Thanks GC!!

:D

I hadn't a clue she was a boardsie when i messaged her

Oh did you use your boards username. I didn't.

Sure won't it be mad awkward when I see all the girls that didn't message me back on Saturday night at the beers. :pac:

Not that I know of but I'm guilty of not sending very many messages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

well, how is everyone getting on since my last visit? :)

Oh did you use your boards username. I didn't.

Sure won't it be mad awkward when I see all the girls that didn't message me back on Saturday night at the beers. :pac:

My boards username is my online username at a whole bunch of places.

It carries a little bit of history for me, i was nearly killed when the gate went crash, so i like to use it as often as i can.

Misticles wrote: »
    well, how is everyone getting on since my last visit? :)

Me: BADLY
    Everyone Else: On lots of dates and having a great time :D:D

Me: BADLY
    Everyone Else: On lots of dates and having a great time :D:D

not so much!!

1 date... back home within an hour of meeting up.

lots of mails out, not so many back

gatecrash wrote: »
    not so much!!

1 date... back home within an hour of meeting up.

lots of mails out, not so many back

Now thats a lie, Ive answered you:D

Now thats a lie, Ive answered you:D

i said not so many, not none! :p;)

gatecrash wrote: »
    i said not so many, not none! :p;)

Ha ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i've gotten a message from a guy. you've all made me wary of the copy and paste jobs. there's nothing to suggest he's read my profile, but at the same time he's kinda cute about it. checked out his profile. seems nice and genuine. but no picture. he's got a picture of something, but cannot figure out what it is! and no it's not that so i'm a bit unsure as to what to do about it. suppose i might ask him for a picture..!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

soo. same as the last time I was here then... :D

Are you on a dating site Misticles?

• Advertisement

pretty much.

Snoopy is all loved up though, so there is 1 down at least!!!

Ok Cupid, I salute you. Some seriously great people on that site. May not have a lot in common with some people but they'll certainly have a conversation with you.

Messaging a girl at the moment. Amazlor. (Yes, I made up that word but I don't care)

Ok Cupid, I salute you. Some seriously great people on that site. May not have a lot in common with some people but they'll certainly have a conversation with you.

Messaging a girl at the moment. Amazlor. (Yes, I made up that word but I don't care)

seconded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Hi everyone. I've been trying out OKC and POF recently. Found OKC to be the most friendly at first, but it's gone a little quiet there for me now. POF started well, then I put up an extra pic with a female friend and suddenly couldn't get responses for love nor money (well, I wasn't actually offering money). Took it down and replaced it with something else, and I'm getting responses again. Could be just a coincidence...

Kinski wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I've been trying out OKC and POF recently. Found OKC to be the most friendly at first, but it's gone a little quiet there for me now. POF started well, then I put up an extra pic with a female friend and suddenly couldn't get responses for love nor money (well, I wasn't actually offering money). Took it down and replaced it with something else, and I'm getting responses again. Could be just a coincidence...

No I dont think it's just a coincidence, it always surprises me the amount of people (guys and girls) who have photos up of them with someone of the opposite sex. Personally I find it offputting if a guy has a photo up and hes draped around a hot girl.

OMG!!! 'RandomGuy' is checking you out right now!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

OMG!!! 'RandomGuy' is checking you out right now!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Hope he mails :D

Hope he mails :D

his profile picture is of him falling into a bush (not that kind), and his profile says I'm too lazy to fill this out, if you want to know anything ask me!

his profile picture is of him falling into a bush (not that kind), and his profile says I'm too lazy to fill this out, if you want to know anything ask me!

Hmmm. does not bode well!

Have to say I've had a successful night on POF, just shows if you actually log in and answer a few mails it can be fun!!:o:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Hmmm. does not bode well!

Have to say I've had a successful night on POF, just shows if you actually log in and answer a few mails it can be fun!!:o:rolleyes::rolleyes:

good on you playing the waiting game myself for moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement