Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Larianne wrote: »
    Scaredy cat!

No anymore, was texting her she asked could she call me, just been speaking to her for the last hour, and since she's up in Dublin tomorrow, I suggested if she fancied a drink, so meeting her tomorrow:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Gillo wrote: »
    No anymore, was texting her she asked could she call me, just been speaking to her for the last hour, and since she's up in Dublin tomorrow, I suggested if she fancied a drink, so meeting her tomorrow:cool::cool:

Good man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Nice

Thanks. We seem to have a massive amount in common, the conversation flowed on the phone and an amssaive amount of laughs.

Makes me wonder though, when I had been seriously trying on the site was I coming off as desperate considering that when I figured I'd give it a break for a while and give up, I get a date?

Only problem is she lives about a hour outside of Dublin, and me not having a car this could be tricky.

Thanks. We seem to have a massive amount in common, the conversation flowed on the phone and an amssaive amount of laughs.

Makes me wonder though, when I had been seriously trying on the site was I coming off as desperate considering that when I figured I'd give it a break for a while and give up, I get a date?

Only problem is she lives about a hour outside of Dublin, and me not having a car this could be tricky.

Is she on a bus link? Or Train line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Planning a second date already?? lol
    Good luck. Maybe I should consider closing my acct too! Hmmmm :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Ive reopened my POF a/c for a while. I always had good fun on there and made 2 really good friends who are now 2 of my best guy mates. I found it to be a great fun with fab guys on there site. Im reading with interest the semi reviews on the rest of them.

gatecrash wrote: »
    Is she on a bus link? Or Train line?

Yeah, on the train so not too bad, ah wait and see tomorrow, don't want egg on my face (although the high protein content may help my complection)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Perfect, if it all goes pear-shaped you won't be bumping into each other all the time and if you keep missing that last train you might have to stay over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Ok im sure this has been asked before but im not reading through 320 pages :eek:

Do you think paying for a site is better then the free sites?

Will I or wont I??:confused:

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Justask wrote: »
    Ok im sure this has been asked before but im not reading through 320 pages :eek:

Do you think paying for a site is better then the free sites?

Will I or wont I??:confused:

:)

Not really sure. I'd imagine the paying sites have less traffic on them because people may say, "why pay for the same thing I can get for free?"

Just my 2c.

Start off with the free sites anyway. OK Cupid and Plenty Of Fish are two of the more popular free ones it seems.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Not really sure. I'd imagine the paying sites have less traffic on them because people may say, "why pay for the same thing I can get for free?"

Just my 2c.

Start off with the free sites anyway. OK Cupid and Plenty Of Fish are two of the more popular free ones it seems.

Yea im on them ;)

Was just wondering would there be less messers :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yea im on them ;)

My friend joined two of those sites and of the dates she went on from there, the guys were older than they said they were and also fatter/balder than their photos. So I don't think there is any less of a messer element on them, although you would think otherwise.

Yea im on them ;)

Difficult to say really. You'd imagine that if they're paying for it, there'd be a lot more genuine people on it but you just never know really.

Personally I'd never pay for it anyway.

Larianne wrote: »
    My friend joined two of those sites and of the dates she went on from there, the guys were older than they said they were and also fatter/balder than their photos. So I don't think there is any less of a messer element on them, although you would think otherwise.

Oh lord :eek:

I cant understand why people put up photos of years ago. What do they think they are going to have a 'Benjemain Button' moment :rolleyes:

jack_os wrote: »
    raffle for blackberry torch!!!

Don't quote spam urls!!

Blackberry's is for eatings, not for torchings.

No it's just spammers should be torched

Justask, I'm on a pay site, Another Friend.

It's good, as you have the option of joining for free (same as POF) and upgrading for increased functionality, but the fact that there is a cost prevents most messers from signing up.

They are also quite proactive about deleting spammer accounts, and responding to queries etc.

Generally the response from the users is quite good, as most of us are there for similar reasons. The Irish Times dating service also piggy backs on there too.

:confused: joined OKC ....Is it me or are there sod all people on it? Most of them havent logged in in months?

It's good, as you have the option of joining for free (same as POF) and upgrading for increased functionality, but the fact that there is a cost prevents most messers from signing up.

They are also quite proactive about deleting spammer accounts, and responding to queries etc.

Generally the response from the users is quite good, as most of us are there for similar reasons. The Irish Times dating service also piggy backs on there too.

Might have a look thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oh lord :eek:

I cant understand why people put up photos of years ago. What do they think they are going to have a 'Benjemain Button' moment :rolleyes:

Because they look younger, slimmer, fitter. ;)
    Maybe I'm just unlucky but the vast majority of girls I've met up with have all been somewhat 'fuller figured', taller and older looking than their profiles would suggest.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Because they look younger, slimmer, fitter. ;)
    Maybe I'm just unlucky but the vast majority of girls I've met up with have all been somewhat 'fuller figured', taller and older looking than their profiles would suggest.

Thats just messing IMO

We were all fitter, younger and slimmer in our 20's :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Not me.I was a chubster in my 20s and Im a chubster in my 30s.

:cool:

Have to say it's annoying alright, ok so it might help them get the first date but not a second.
    As a general rule, I wouldn't contact someone with a photo either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Not me.I was a chubster in my 20s and Im a chubster in my 30s.

:cool:

Chubster? since when? :cool:
    Have to say it's annoying alright, ok so it might help them get the first date but not a second.
    As a general rule, I wouldn't contact someone with a photo either way.

Its ridiculous. Starting off on a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Galvasean wrote: »
    I don't find it offputting at all. Heaven forbid someone should have friends of the opposite sex. Double forbid said friends may be good looking people.
    Grr, any girl I get with must be an unspoiled virgin who has never so much as met another man!

Not what I meant at all and Im sure youre well aware of that! Obviously these guys are out and about with groups of people etc but personally speaking I dont like when there is a photo up of the guy all over a girl, I mean crop them out or use a different photo.

Thats my opinion anyway :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Not what I meant at all and Im sure youre well aware of that! Obviously these guys are out and about with groups of people etc but personally speaking I dont like when there is a photo up of the guy all over a girl, I mean crop them out or use a different photo.

Thats my opinion anyway :rolleyes:

I'd agree with that. A long time ago in this thread, I mentioned how annoying it was that almost all pictures of me had other girls in them. But I wouldn't use them if they couldn't be cropped (although cropping can look dodgy in the "what is he hiding?" way).

I mean it is nice and all to see they have friends and a normal picture with friends is not too bad, but why bother putting up pictures of you hanging off of somebody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I'd agree with that. A long time ago in this thread, I mentioned how annoying it was that almost all pictures of me had other girls in them. But I wouldn't use them if they couldn't be cropped (although cropping can look dodgy in the "what is he hiding?" way).

I mean it is nice and all to see they have friends and a normal picture with friends is not too bad, but why bother putting up pictures of you hanging off of somebody else?

Yeah, it takes the ambiguity out if they are on their own in a photo, youre not left wondering who this other person is!

God AF ask sooooo many questions :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Yeah, it takes the ambiguity out if they are on their own in a photo, youre not left wondering who this other person is!

Yeah you need at least one of them on their own. A group shot may be OK as a third photo.

I'd never put up a photo with friends in it, they might not want their photo up on a dating site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement