Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Justask wrote: »
    God AF ask sooooo many questions :eek:

Nothing in comparison to OKC!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

hi all, im a long time lurker of this thread and said id post my story! iv been on pof nearly 3months now, have had a few dates, met some lovely girls but no real spark, however im now meeting a girl who lives 10mins away, get on great and have another date for tomorrow nite,
    she only joined a month ago and had no picture up and added me as a favourite more or less from the off, so i messaged her from then on and we got on great, any way, a long story short, on our first date i found out she never even realised that she had added me as a favourite!! so only for her "mistake" we might never have met!!
    Roll on tomorrow nite :cool:

stevveyg wrote: »
    hi all, im a long time lurker of this thread and said id post my story! iv been on pof nearly 3months ago, have had a few dates, met some lovely girls but no real spark, however im now meeting a girl who lives 10mins away, get on great and have another date for tomorrow nite,
    she only joined a month ago and had no picture up and added me as a favourite more or less from the off, so i messaged her from then on and we got on great, any way, a long story short, on our first date i found out she never even realised that she had added me as a favourite!! so only for her "mistake" we might never have met!!

Ah, a fellow Liverpool supporter. Best of luck tmrw night!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

stevveyg wrote: »
    hi all, im a long time lurker of this thread and said id post my story! iv been on pof nearly 3months ago, have had a few dates, met some lovely girls but no real spark, however im now meeting a girl who lives 10mins away, get on great and have another date for tomorrow nite,

Awww super cool story :) I feel all mushy now :rolleyes: Im a sucker for a romantic story...

Best of luck tomorrow, You better come back and tell us all the gossip :D

Damn.

Found a sweet profile. But her mailbox is full. Apparently she has been online this week too.

GRRRRRRRR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

To me it seems that its the same people on all the sites! (doh how would I know that unless im on them to) Serious Homer thing to say :o

I think i'll just wait for my prince to come alone on his white horse and sweep me off my feet :D

actually perfect profile may be a revenge profile..... A bit too much info, even a link to her f/b page.... hmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

I'd never put up a photo with friends in it, they might not want their photo up on a dating site.

You can just obscure their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

gatecrash wrote: »
    Damn.

Found a sweet profile. But her mailbox is full. Apparently she has been online this week too.

GRRRRRRRR

Not sure what site that is but mailboxes dont get full!! They send you that message when you are outside her criteria! :eek:

Dovies wrote: »
    Not sure what site that is but mailboxes dont get full!! They send you that message when you are outside her criteria! :eek:

Nope, it gave me the option of upgrading to 'A' status membership or something. It's OKC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

FFS! I've had the same guy contact me four times now. april 18th, June 3rd, June, 18th June and today! it appears he doesn't remember having contacted me already... how lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

FFS! I've had the same guy contact me four times now. april 18th, June 3rd, June, 18th June and today! it appears he doesn't remember having contacted me already... how lovely.

just send him back all his old messages! :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    just send him back all his old messages! :pac:

ha, brilliant. i'd feel mean though. maybe i should just write back and remind him i ignored him first on april 18th ....

ha, brilliant. i'd feel mean though. maybe i should just write back and remind him i ignored him first on april 18th ....

Screw 'im! :pac:

Screw 'im! :pac:

nah, he's got no picture up

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

On the verge of asking a girl out on a date. Wish me luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

That_Guy wrote: »

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh, good luck! :)

well?????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

TG,you better not let us down man.You are like Luke Skywalker here!

• Advertisement

well?????????????????

Chill out will ya. I'm waiting on a reply back. :)

Chill out will ya. I'm waiting on a reply back. :)

Excitement.

TG,you better not let us down man.You are like Luke Skywalker here!

Meh. My lightsaber is bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I has first meeting this weekend.

Oh this thread is gonna be busy this weekend. :pac:

Oh... Looks like she's gone offline.

Oh... Looks like she's gone offline.

:cool:

Tis late though........?

:cool:

Tis late though........?

True that. Only noticed the time there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Got a mail on OKC from one of those red dot (replies very selectively) profiles.
    "Hi."

Now maybe I'm just extrapolating the combined wages of sin upon this individual profile, but there is something that kind of annoys me on some level (that I don't quite understand) when someone who only replies very selectively (ie: they are hard to impress) can't be bothered saying more than "Hi".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Oh this thread is gonna be busy this weekend. :pac:

The whole lot of us will be on the piss in Dublin! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement