Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

gatecrash wrote: »
    Break time.

Going to leave the sites for a few months.

I wonder how long it will be until I start getting the automated messages from the sites saying xyz is checking you out and is TOTALLY compatible!! :-)

I think everyone loses heart after a while, alot of messers on the sites :mad:

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yeah i'm done with it too.just not suiting me

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Reet, that lass hasn't messaged me back even though she's online anytime I'm on.

Think I'll give up on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Justask wrote: »
    I think everyone loses heart after a while, alot of messers on the sites :mad:

:)

Oh there is definitely a 'shelf-life' for want of a better word before you get pissed off with hanging around in internet street corners calling out to women and them ignoring you. Or only having a few come over and say hi.

After a while it gets monotonous, trying desperately to come up with shiny new conversation openers to stand out from the crowd of 'Hi, How are you' , 'Hi, nice Smile' and 'Hi, I can't believe you are on a dating site, you are so hot'

And also after a while you notice that the same women are hanging around the same internet street corners with you.

So a bit of time to recharge the batteries, have myself a great holiday without having to worry about the possibility (very slim anyway, but feck it, a guy's allowed to be optimistic, right??) of cheating, and come back to the sites, if necessary, in a few months and have all new material!! :)

Oh there is definitely a 'shelf-life' for want of a better word before you get pissed off with hanging around in internet street corners calling out to women and them ignoring you. Or only having a few come over and say hi.

After a while it gets monotonous, trying desperately to come up with shiny new conversation openers to stand out from the crowd of 'Hi, How are you' , 'Hi, nice Smile' and 'Hi, I can't believe you are on a dating site, you are so hot'

And also after a while you notice that the same women are hanging around the same internet street corners with you.

So a bit of time to recharge the batteries, have myself a great holiday without having to worry about the possibility (very slim anyway, but feck it, a guy's allowed to be optimistic, right??) of cheating, and come back to the sites, if necessary, in a few months and have all new material!! :)

Agree with ya there....its the same faces on all the sites :confused:

Ah well :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Agree with ya there....its the same faces on all the sites :confused:

Ah well :rolleyes:

I'd say about the only singlies thing i'd be up for now would be that table quiz that was mentioned a few pages back.

Other than that, it's back to the heading out with the lads when they do go out, and 'borrowing' films from the internet when they don't

To show how bored i was last night i watched 'Just go with it' with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. And was surprisingly entertained.
    I think the bailiffs are on their way to collect my man card as we speak

I'd say about the only singlies thing i'd be up for now would be that table quiz that was mentioned a few pages back.

Other than that, it's back to the heading out with the lads when they do go out, and 'borrowing' films from the internet when they don't

To show how bored i was last night i watched 'Just go with it' with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. And was surprisingly entertained.
    I think the bailiffs are on their way to collect my man card as we speak

LOL LOL LOL I watched that to last nite :D

I think im going to stay with CS cos the forums are entertaining :)

LOL LOL LOL I watched that to last nite :D

I think im going to stay with CS cos the forums are entertaining :)

CS?

CS?

Connecting Singles

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

amandaf675 wrote: »
    still trying to figure this guy im mailing out! been mailing ages now and have sugested meeting up, i asked him for his number so we could organise something and he said that due to a past experience he still wants to suss me out! im sorry but, been mailing over a month now and theres only so much you can talk about and get to know someone over mail! Should i just give up?

If he's not prepared to meet up now, he's just there for a penpal. Kevin Duffy's right, you need to get a straight answer from him. Either meet up or what's the point?

No date for me tonight. I had to cancel but then turned out it didn't suit him either to meet today. So gonna be sometime during the week I guess.

• Advertisement

Connecting Singles

Never heard of that one. Free?

Larianne wrote: »
    If he's not prepared to meet up now, he's just there for a penpal. Kevin Duffy's right, you need to get a straight answer from him. Either meet up or what's the point?

No date for me tonight. I had to cancel but then turned out it didn't suit him either to meet today. So gonna be sometime during the week I guess.

Week night first dates can be more fun IMO

Never heard of that one. Free?

Yup :)

Yup :)

Must remember it for when I get back in the Internet game!

Week night first dates can be more fun IMO

Well everyone was saying "who goes on a date on a Sunday???!!" :pac:

Ah, we'll see...

Ah, we'll see...

Best of luck with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Can't say it is for me either. yesterdays experience was pretty horrid and it is not something I want to do again either.

Were I to bump into someone through my normal use of social media such as this site or twitter or something like that, then good stuff. but the pre-arranged thing where both people know what they are expecting just doesn't seem to work for me.

Can't say it is for me either. yesterdays experience was pretty horrid and it is not something I want to do again either.

That bad? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Haven't posted anything on here for a while.

I've exchanged a few messages with a couple of girls who in both cases messaged me first. The first girl i was messaging last weekend and even though i tried to get some sort of conversation going all i'd get were one or two line responses so i just gave up in the end.

I've been messaging another girl over the last couple of days and its the same thing again. I can't understand why some people don't make any effort with conversation especially when they initiated things.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Ah, we'll see...

See how it goes.
    Hey, hopefully you don't get to beat me for a strange one!!

• Advertisement

Haven't posted anything on here for a while.

I've exchanged a few messages with a couple of girls who in both cases messaged me first. The first girl i was messaging last weekend and even though i tried to get some sort of conversation going all i'd get were one or two line responses so i just gave up in the end.

I've been messaging another girl over the last couple of days and its the same thing again. I can't understand why some people don't make any effort with conversation especially when they initiated things.:confused:

It's so hard keeping conversations going! I usually pop in random questions. If anything, I'll get "wtf?" back. :D
    Gillo wrote: »
    See how it goes.
    Hey, hopefully you don't get to beat me for a strange one!!

I really don't think that can be beaten, EVER! :pac:

Hang on, weren't you meant to be on one tonight?

Hang on, weren't you meant to be on one tonight?

Yeah, I had to cancel. But turned out so did he so it worked out well. Meeting up later on in the week. :)

ah so not bad.
    At least mine couldn't do a runner if she didn't like me!!
    went grand for the record.

ah so not bad.
    At least mine couldn't do a runner if she didn't like me!!
    went grand for the record.

Oh so you went? :D Glad to hear it went well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

That is my no.1 dislike on these things. I'd rather someone just didn't bother messaging rather than doing those one line nothing messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

It's a bit like boxing....... only so many rounds of getting knocked on yer ass (either by no replies, 'hi messages'. one line/word answers, weirdos or seriously crap dates) one can take.

Back online for two months and I've had all the above, bar the crap date as didnt even manage to get one :( so gonna leave it for a while after this week....... need time for thesis anyway :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've been making an attempt at this myself. I'm either not getting any replies or getting messages from rather unattractive women.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Yeah, I had to cancel. But turned out so did he so it worked out well. Meeting up later on in the week. :)

Had to cancel or just chose to listen to my drunken rambling advice? :cool:

Conversation should flow naturally, if it is extremely taxing to keep it going it's not worth it imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Being called 'hun' is an instant turn-off for me.

/shudders

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement