Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Fewcifur wrote: »
    . Heading into unknown waters here. Unknown waters.

jaws_swims_behind_chief_brody.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Yeah, I was in work today a few texts back and forth, then she wen't a bit quiet, left standing like a spa in town for half a hour. Nearly tempted to head for a pint myself since I'd made an effort to get dressed up. I logged onto the site with my phone after about 15 minutes waiting and she shows up as being online. Pi$$ed off but feck it I'd rather not meet someone who's gonna mess people about like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Gillo wrote: »
    Yeah, I was in work today a few texts back and forth, then she wen't a bit quiet, left standing like a spa in town for half a hour. Nearly tempted to head for a pint myself since I'd made an effort to get dressed up. I logged onto the site with my phone after about 15 minutes waiting and she shows up as being online. Pi$$ed off but feck it I'd rather not meet someone who's gonna mess people about like that.

What a nasty wagon..:(

You should have gone for a pint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That is truly awful. :(

I'd give her a piece of my mind! Wouldn't let anyone away with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Well hope you've more luck than me, I was meant to met someone this evening. She didn't turn up, tried texting a few times to see was she running late, no reply. More pissed off than anything else, I mean if you change your mind about meeting at least sending a message to say so would be nice.

That's just nasty man. Hard luck and don't let the head go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

That's awful - I've always been really nervous before internet dates, once or twice to the point of wishing I hadn't agreed to meet up, but I'd never not show up, really unfair on the other person :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

that sucks Gillo, sorry to hear it.

hey guys, been lurking a bit, after some pressure from mates, I might build up the courage to give this a go soon enough. broke up form long term thing back in Jan/feb, so not sure I have the mentality yet to move on, but gonna keep an eye here to try get a vibe for how this works for if/when i do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Larianne wrote: »
    That is truly awful. :(

I'd give her a piece of my mind! Wouldn't let anyone away with that.

I was tempted but don't see the point in getting more worked up about it, live and learn I suppose. Not sure we'd have got on great anyways.

Feck it, I'm open to offers now!!!

zuroph wrote: »
    that sucks Gillo, sorry to hear it.

hey guys, been lurking a bit, after some pressure from mates, I might build up the courage to give this a go soon enough. broke up form long term thing back in Jan/feb, so not sure I have the mentality yet to move on, but gonna keep an eye here to try get a vibe for how this works for if/when i do. :)

Join anyway...if nothing you will make a few extra friends, always room for more friends.

There is a friend options on most of the sites.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Thats shocking, you poor thing, dunno why she couldnt just text and say she wouldnt make it, dont let her put you off tho, not everyone is like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

pity you can't name and shame!!

I was tempted but don't see the point in getting more worked up about it, live and learn I suppose. Not sure we'd have got on great anyways.

I think a short and direct message telling her that behaviour was not on is fair. You can then block her if she starts getting snotty! :pac:

Aggree with ya there dont stup to her level...

Best to say...NEXT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Justask wrote: »
    Aggree with ya there dont stup to her level...

Best to say...NEXT :D

but before you do, put an ad in buy and sell for a kid's karate suit with her number. or something else completely bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

A sulky works best, I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

That's terrible, though at least you have dodged a bullet there. It would have been so easy for her to text you to call it off if she had gotten cold feet. Some people are weird/bad mannered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Well hope you've more luck than me, I was meant to met someone this evening. She didn't turn up, tried texting a few times to see was she running late, no reply. More pissed off than anything else, I mean if you change your mind about meeting at least sending a message to say so would be nice.

Jesus that's harsh. I mean, some people have really hectic schedules, imagine if you rearranged work for the date or something and then kablamo she doesn't show up. Ultra poor form. In a city this size I wouldn't be surprised if you bumped into her at some point, now there is an awkward situation that she's just created.
    jaws_swims_behind_chief_brody.jpg

:pac:

Pretty much Otis, except she's much better looking than the shark and I don't smoke, but other than that, spot on.
    . I logged onto the site with my phone after about 15 minutes waiting and she shows up as being online.

She was actually online!? Wow. Hah, you should have sent her a message on line going "Hi, um, whatcha' doooooin'? "

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

classy girl on a certain site literally messaged "wanna insert sumting in me??" ;) not bad for a first message pity she lived down the country wasn't bad looking either i need to learn to drive :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Trilla90 wrote: »
    classy girl on a certain site literally messaged "wanna insert sumting in me??" ;) not bad for a first message pity she lived down the country wasn't bad looking either i need to learn to drive :eek::D

Its probably a guy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hey Gillo,

I got the exact same thing happen to me. Only she showed up online later in the day. She didn't answer the phone to me. I also had a date arranged with a girl, she asked me for my facebook page, I gave it to her..she added me as a friend, 10 minutes later unfriended me and never replied to me again!

Harsh!! On the plus side I'm dating a 22 year old model so f'k that bitch :)

In my short online dating career, I got stood up twice and had that b**ch add and remove me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

YFlyer wrote: »
    Its probably a guy

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

This is the saviour if you want to find if a photo is fake or not and it's better than tineye:http://www.google.com/insidesearch/searchbyimage.html Google image search.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Why do people do that?? Had a date with a guy last year, text that afternoon to confirm everything. I got to the pub and no show!! Rang him a couple of times and got no answer so I left. He text me later that night to say he had changed his mind when he saw me and described the red top I was 'wearing'!! Only it wasn't me he saw - I was in green - muppet!! :rolleyes:

Dovies wrote: »
    Why do people do that?? Had a date with a guy last year, text that afternoon to confirm everything. I got to the pub and no show!! Rang him a couple of times and got no answer so I left. He text me later that night to say he had changed his mind when he saw me and described the red top I was 'wearing'!! Only it wasn't me he saw - I was in green - muppet!! :rolleyes:

What a gutless asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

He text me later that night to say he had changed his mind when he saw me and described the red top I was 'wearing'!! Only it wasn't me he saw - I was in green - muppet!! :rolleyes:

Oh my god, not only is he gutless, he's also an idiot. Definitely better off without that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh my god, not only is he gutless, he's also an idiot. Definitely better off without that one!

Yep think so! Ah well it takes all sorts I guess! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Wompa1 wrote: »
    .. I also had a date arranged with a girl, she asked me for my facebook page, I gave it to her..she added me as a friend, 10 minutes later unfriended me and never replied to me again!

I've heard of this happening before, but it turned out that the girl in question knew a friend that the guy had on FB so she immediately unfriended him as she didnt want her friends knowing she was using an online dating site.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

That sounds like a Specsavers ad.

I wish I had online dating stories to tell... it's all quiet on my side of things I'm afraid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Man, that's funny! Laughing at the situation, it's not nice for you. But clearly you're better off. The guy was obviously a complete moron.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Did he mention he was colour blind?:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement