Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah, guy I'm going on a date with later on in the week is in his mid 30s and on its profile it says longest relationship has been less than a year! :cool:

You Cougar!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Corsendonk wrote: »
    You Cougar!:D

:eek:

How old do you think I am?? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

*Knows the answer, opens popcorn, tries to figure out how to charge admission.....*

I could dig myself deeper and point out you are the Mod for the Mature Students forum which gives the impression that your mid 40s. But no!

I did check you out on the Ladies Lounge Pic thread were you look late 20s- to early 30s. Hard to give an exact age with the cosmopolitan in the way.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

21 obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Foot in mouth disease seems to be prevalent tonight :pac:

Foot in mouth disease seems to be prevalent tonight on this thread :pac:

FYP... :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

gatecrash wrote: »
    FYP... :D;)

Eh...that's what I was talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Yeah, guy I'm going on a date with later on in the week is in his mid 30s and on its profile it says longest relationship has been less than a year! :cool:

Give him the benefit of the doubt and see where things go, during conversation if it seemed appropriate I would want to find out has he ever lived with a girlfriend. You learn a lot about relationships living with someone so it would be worth bonus points in my mind.
    Reduced conjugal rights came to mind:P when I read that. It doesn't bother me because you can think the opposite way when you see someone wth a long relationship on their profile. Sometimes people out of a long relationship carry alot of baggage, they constantly benchmark you against the long term ex or refer to them.

Oh I agree completely with this as well so it is something to be mindful. Obviously you don't rule someone out completely for their past but little things like this would serve as indications for me for things to look out for, immaturity for someone who has never had significant relationship experience previous and baggage from previous partners for people who have had too much experience are both equally as destructive to a relationship.

Yeah, I'll see how I go Maguined. Dunno about asking about former girlfriends on date number 1 though!
    I could dig myself deeper and point out you are the Mod for the Mature Students forum which gives the impression that your mid 40s. But no!

I did check you out on the Ladies Lounge Pic thread were you look late 20s- to early 30s. Hard to give an exact age with the cosmopolitan in the way.:pac:

I have a pic in there???? FOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook! What was I at! *runs to delete*

FYI, mature student is anyone from 23 years old plus on 1st January of that year of applying.

Early 30s? *cries while running*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Thought I'd sign up and say hello after lurking for a bit, just after popping my dating profile back online after a break of a few months. The posts seem to be split between encouraging and completely off-putting, but at least it's a change from feeling like the only single in the village when my coupled-up friends are looking for updates on my love life! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bah, humbug!
    It is now officially two weeks since myself and a girl agreed to go on a date. We've had to reschedule a few times because she was 'sick'. Now that she's all better she's stopped replying to me. B!tch, a man is not a hot water bottle to shower with needy affection while ill only to discard when well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Fittle wrote: »
    I'd be a bit more cynical than that, given my experience online. I'd say he's trying desperately to impress women who have children....and he's trying way too hard.

Wow, what an interesting angle he's taking, if that is the angle he is taking.

Good luck with that, I'm wondering are you going to be "the one" or will you discover a game-over personality flaw sooner rather than later. Though, having said that, my longest relationship was just over a year, but then I know I'm just composed of flaws :o
    it's a change from feeling like the only single in the village when my coupled-up friends are looking for updates on my love life! :)

The worst is when they start doing things as couples and don't invite the loose cannon.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Good luck with that, I'm wondering are you going to be "the one" or will you discover a game-over personality flaw sooner rather than later. Though, having said that, my longest relationship was just over a year, but then I know I'm just composed of flaws :o

Thanks. :o He could be extremely picky. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Or he might be fond of dating the young 'uns!:p:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

He also 'volunteers at his children's school, giving all the children swimming lessons'. He also 'volunteers at his sons football team'. He also 'volunteers at his daughters school, helping in the library'. He should really get an award.
    I'd be a bit more cynical than that, given my experience online. I'd say he's trying desperately to impress women who have children....and he's trying way too hard.
    Wow, what an interesting angle he's taking, if that is the angle he is taking.
    papagormo wrote: »
    Or he might be fond of dating the young 'uns!:p:pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

Can anyone recommend any other free sites? (not pof or okcupid)

Trilla90 wrote: »

most of them are free for 'standard' members, you just get extra functionality with payment.

It's up to yourself whether or not you want to take the option of that.

On the pay site that i have used (and from tomorrow i'm ignoring for a few months, subscription is up) the paid bit is faster mails, the option to exchange details (even though there are very simple ways around this), and enhanced search.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Trilla90 wrote: »

Smooch.com is free too. Its not too bad but you will find the same people on all the sites!!

Well then he'll surely pick you. Awww :):o:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Grrr.. people with fake pictures really annoy me! Really.. why would they bother putting up a picture at all if it's not their own :rolleyes:

Well then he'll surely pick you. Awww :):o:)

haha.

So what's the story? Who's dating it up this week?

Is Snoopy married yet?? :pac:

haha.

No Story, No dates. Week 4 of no smokes.

I just say two words for any guys considering taking a break from internet dating "Salsa dancing". Never enough guys for dance partners and at least you pick up a skill to impress the ladies with if you go back to internet dating.

haha.

I got myself a rain check. Oh god it better be a rain check, because if it's a cancellation the dogs of wars will be unleashed (by which I mean I'll be genuinely disappointed.)

Yeah, I offered to do the flowers for the wedding, but she never responds when I message her (I'm not even trying to chat the lady up.) So I imagine the wedding is already planned and she has no need of my whispering eye for detail.

I just say two words for any guys considering taking a break from internet dating "Salsa dancing". Never enough guys for dance partners and at least you pick up a skill to impress the ladies with if you go back to internet dating.

And i'll say 3 words back

'Two left feet'

I have the had eye coordination of a week old hippopotamus calf!!

I don't think i LOOK like a week old hippo calf, but on the dance floor, you betchya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Here's a question: Would it bother you if the person you dated hadn't been in many relationships?

Just asking because I read the "longest relationship xxxxxx has been in is less than 1 year" on profiles and I instantly get a little :confused: and start to think why is that?

Nope.

My longest relationship was under a year..... Why? Because she was a heartless bitch.

:cool:

I think you should share you experience with us.
    I got myself a rain check. Oh god it better be a rain check, because if it's a cancellation the dogs of wars will be unleashed (by which I mean I'll be genuinely disappointed.)

Yeah, I offered to do the flowers for the wedding, but she never responds when I message her (I'm not even trying to chat the lady up.) So I imagine the wedding is already planned and she has no need of my whispering eye for detail.

Ah, I've cancelled dates before but it was either coz something came up unexpectedly or I was in bad form. You're best to re-arranged a day straight away.

Maybe she eloped?! :pac:
    I don't think i LOOK like a week old hippo calf, but on the dance floor, you betchya!!

But that's why you do the classes!!
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Nope.

My longest relationship was under a year..... Why? Because she was a heartless bitch.

:cool:

But you're only a young'un!

But that's why you do the classes!!

Ehhh... No

The pain that i'd inflict on the instructors eyes, and the injuries that i'd inflict on any potential partner suggest it'd be better off leaving it!! :)

• Advertisement

Ehhh... No

The pain that i'd inflict on the instructors eyes, and the injuries that i'd inflict on any potential partner suggest it'd be better off leaving it!! :)

He just said salsa dancing, not nekkid salsa dancing! Sheesh, it's otay! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement