Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Fewcifur wrote: »
    He just said salsa dancing, not nekkid salsa dancing! Sheesh, it's otay! :)

That's an obsure reference to my size 11's again, isn't it?? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

gatecrash wrote: »
    That's an obsure reference to my size 11's again, isn't it?? :pac::pac:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ehhh... No

The pain that i'd inflict on the instructors eyes, and the injuries that i'd inflict on any potential partner suggest it'd be better off leaving it!! :)

Scaredy cat! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Larianne wrote: »
    Well then he'll surely pick you. Awww :):o:)

haha.

So what's the story? Who's dating it up this week?

Is Snoopy married yet?? :pac:
    Hey
    I'm not married yet, but he is coming on holiday with me in September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

I came across this article it mentions okcupid and their method of using algorithms, also reading the article showed why more and more of us are using online dating.

I have decided to try AF (anotherfriend.com) as I cannot stomach POF and whilst I like OKcupid it is for a younger age group. No dates yet but hopefully soon.

Snoopey I am made up to hear your news :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Trilla90 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any other free sites? (not pof or okcupid)

Connecting Singles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

i find anotherfriend just as bad way too dear for monthly subscription. some of them are very stuck up on the site & hardly talk to you & might block you for no reason. Just to warn you before u pay :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

miec wrote: »
    I came across this article it mentions okcupid and their method of using algorithms, also reading the article showed why more and more of us are using online dating.

I love this quote in the article: "What happens is, you run out of friends, and then you run out of friends of friends of friends, and suddenly you find yourself being introduced to the dregs,"

Although it does make me wonder if I'm considered as the dregs by other friends of friends :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

2 dates, 2, count 'em! One for this weekend and another for next week! Thank you OKC, suck it PoF! Get in there ye beaut!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

got a reply on okc, hadnt been on in week, id messaged her 20days ago :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Holy crap! Got a mail from a girl on POF wanting to chat. She's an ex of my best mate! :eek:

*Runs away fast*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

hey all, ive been browsing thru this thread & figured id post my tuppence worth on ID.. :rolleyes:
    i jump in and out of POF every so often but it wrecks my head lol, ive met some nice people on it but ive no patience :P
    think ill stick to real life...hmmm :confused:

liz2 wrote: »
    hey all, ive been browsing thru this thread & figured id post my tuppence worth on ID.. :rolleyes:
    i jump in and out of POF every so often but it wrecks my head lol, ive met some nice people on it but ive no patience :P
    think ill stick to real life...hmmm :confused:

Yeah, I'm taking a break from it myself. :cool:

Yeah, I'm taking a break from it myself. :cool:

Good (as in you've had successful dates and are no longer single) break from it or bad (as in you've just gotten plain ol' pissed off with online dating for a while and need a refresh) break from it?

Hopefully its a good break!! :)

Good (as in you've had successful dates and are no longer single) break from it or bad (as in you've just gotten plain ol' pissed off with online dating for a while and need a refresh) break from it?

Hopefully its a good break!! :)

Ha ha. Not the good option anyways!

I've a date tomorrow but that's gonna be it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I still log on to the sites but Im not actively searching. If someone contacts me that I like the look of then fair enough but otherwise think I will stick with me and my cat!! :(

Dovies wrote: »
    I still log on to the sites but Im not actively searching. If someone contacts me that I like the look of then fair enough but otherwise think I will stick with me and my cat!! :(

I think you have to be proactive though to get any dates. All the dates I've gone on, I've been the one to contact them. :)

I think you have to be proactive though to get any dates. All the dates I've gone on, I've been the one to contact them. :)

same as.

But same as you, i'm also giving them a rest for a while.

Unless i get a mail alert from one of the sites that someone has actually mailed me i will not be even logging on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    he is coming on holiday with me in September :)

That is the acid test. Im going on holidays with my lady for 2 weeks. We have only been seeing each other for about two months and it is going very well, im crazy about her :o

Two weeks together will will tell a lot. I cant bloody wait, 2 weeks in sunny San Sebastian with the girl of my dreams. :D

Read a profile today that made me giggle :D

States hes STUNNING (are there people out there who actually think this of themselves :confused:) Not to contact him unless your a size 10....and with no kids....and like to play golf :eek:

This man is 39 :eek::eek::eek:

LMAO

• Advertisement

Justask wrote: »

States hes STUNNING (are there people out there who actually think this of themselves :confused:) Not to contact him unless your a size 10....and with no kids....and like to play golf :eek:

LMAO

he could well be stunning. A quick smack to the jaw can stun. He might go around hitting people. Sounds like he's violent. I wouldn't contact him if i was you.

:pac::pac:

he could well be stunning. A quick smack to the jaw can stun. He might go around hitting people. Sounds like he's violent. I wouldn't contact him if i was you.

:pac::pac:

I have kids
    I not a size ten
    I can't play golf

:pac::pac::pac:

He'll have to go find someone without a personality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I've a date tomorrow but that's gonna be it for a while.

Unless this gent is the one to sweep ya off your feet and indulge your French Fancy dreams :)
    Caoimhín wrote: »
    That is the acid test. Im going on holidays with my lady for 2 weeks. We have only been seeing each other for about two months and it is going very well, im crazy about her :o

Two weeks together will will tell a lot. I cant bloody wait, 2 weeks in sunny San Sebastian with the girl of my dreams. :D

Wow, I hope it goes well for ya! It will say a lot, but it's a perfect dry run for something more serious like living together. Nothing worse than realising such important things too late in the game. Hope you've a wonderful time sir :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Done all that - had enough of getting no replies now. If they want me they can come and get me! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

LMAO

Agreed his conceit jumps off the page, but what's wrong being being 39?? :(

Agreed his conceit jumps off the page, but what's wrong being being 39?? :(

Nothing wrong with being 39 :confused:

Just think its an imature attitude to have :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Heh, sorry, to clarify... first time someone has messaged me and I've been 100% unattracted to them, even their interests kiiinda bore me (someone messaging me at all is rare)

See, she has sent kinda flirty messages, but I've just responded in a non-flirty way. So far she hasn't said anything where I can say "no thanks".

Exact same thing has happened to me. She even sent me her number which I neither asked for nor acknowledged. She seems like a really nice person - just not my type - so I feel kinda bad. What did you do in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

LMAO

That's just brewin' up a storm in fairness. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭flatnn

Messaged a girl who i thought was the hottest on POF(hottest real girl) and another very good looking girl about a month back, got no reponse...

now in the same day both of them, now with their pictures on private, have viewed my profile :eek: am to believe that these girls got so much mail that they're only seeing my profile now :confused:

oh well doubt they will wb anyway :P

• Advertisement

That's just brewin' up a storm in fairness. :pac:

ok :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement