Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Seems to be a shortage of males!

CSO 2011

Thats why I cant get a date!! Well thats my excuse and Im sticking to it. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Why hasn't boards.ie gotten into the online dating thing yet ??

There are a lot of like minded people on the various forums, might be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if he turned up last night? :pac:

Well seeing as I haven't picked a venue yet that would be funny. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Larianne wrote: »

If he DID manage to turn up, before you picked a venue, ask him for the loto numbers, will ya>??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

why don't you tell us where you're going to, so we can sit behind him, but facing you, and close enough to listen, so we can hold up score cards and rate him on humour and stuff. no pressure like!

• Advertisement

why don't you tell us where you're going to, so we can sit behind him, but facing you, and close enough to listen, so we can hold up score cards and rate him on humour and stuff. no pressure like!

That would be amazing! :D I'd get very distracted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

That would be amazing! :D I'd get very distracted though.

Yes you would - looking at all the hotties from here you would be only raging you were with your man!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Dovies wrote: »
    Yes you would - looking at all the hotties from here you would be only raging you were with your man!! :D

you're too kind! :cool:

KTRIC wrote: »
    Why hasn't boards.ie gotten into the online dating thing yet ??

There are a lot of like minded people on the various forums, might be a good idea.

Where would we go to bitch about people not replying, and there being no dates, and always the same people on line then ??

gatecrash wrote: »
    Where would we go to bitch about people not replying, and there being no dates, and always the same people on line then ??

Mmm, sounds like the majority of the dating sites :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mmm, sounds like the majority of the dating sites :rolleyes:

Ah but boards is a refuge!

Ah but boards is a refuge!

LOL, thats what you think ;)

LOL, thats what you think ;)

It IS!! :)

We all love each other here.

On all Threads

On all fora

Ever!!

Or... or.... am i wrong?? Are there some people on boards who DON'T love me?? :eek: :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It IS!! :)

We all love each other here.

On all Threads

On all fora

Ever!!

Or... or.... am i wrong?? Are there some people on boards who DON'T love me?? :eek: :(

I'd hate to gatecrash yer love parade man... :pac:

I'd hate to gatecrash yer love parade man... :pac:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQvmCzILBfE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'll have to make note to check that out later. In work at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

"I have read your profile and wanted to let you know that I have fallen in love with you, married you and we are now divorced. Thanks for all the imaginary memories. You can keep the house but I get half the money."

Yeah, I give up. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Novella wrote: »
    "I have read your profile and wanted to let you know that I have fallen in love with you, married you and we are now divorced. Thanks for all the imaginary memories. You can keep the house but I get half the money."

Yeah, I give up. :pac:

I've seen that one before. Copy and paste! (also, weird....) Would be worth OKCupid / other sites while to scan for similar messages from the same user.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

you're too kind! :cool:

Back off!!! She was looking at meeee.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So after mailing that girl that has been putting 'our' date on the long finger (ie: constantly rescheduling) to see just what teh hell is going on I get this gem of a reply.
    "Hi sorry I haven't been replying truth is I have actually met someone else."
    Arrogant bitch didn't even give me the courtesy of (her normally very good) typed punctuation.
    My reponse:
    "That's fair enough. Hope it works out well for you."
    What I wanted to say:
    "Just where the f#ck do you get off tagging me along for two freaking weeks?! Thought you'd keep me as a back up did you!? I'm nobodies f#cking silver medal!"

*sigh* Why am I so polite to these people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Cos you arent an asshole?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

Just saw a guy (who seemed nice) who's age is given as 43 on one site and 46 on another :confused: It hardly seems worth the lie, just to move his age down a few years.

Makes me think though it is actually worth checking different sites to see if people are saying contradictory things about themselves. Some sites do ask different questions, so some different part of the person's personality comes out, but they might also be caught out being not entirely honest.

I went on a date the other night. Bit of a flop. Not sure online dating is for me, but going to take a short break and try again soon, and maybe stick at it for a few months just to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Lon Dubh wrote: »
    Makes me think though it is actually worth checking different sites to see if people are saying contradictory things about themselves.

I'm a blonde au pair called Heidi on one site and a 53 year old plumber called Dave on another :pac:

But yeah it is annoying how people can lie about such random details.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Cos you arent an asshole?

BECAUSE I'M A PUSSY!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Galvasean wrote: »
    BECAUSE I'M A PUSSY!! :mad:

Not at tall, don't beat yourself up over one girl, when the times right you will meet that certain someone who will light up any room you are in.
    Keep it positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Galvasean wrote: »
    So after mailing that girl that has been putting 'our' date on the long finger (ie: constantly rescheduling) to see just what teh hell is going on I get this gem of a reply.
    "Hi sorry I haven't been replying truth is I have actually met someone else."
    Arrogant bitch didn't even give me the courtesy of (her normally very good) typed punctuation.
    My reponse:
    "That's fair enough. Hope it works out well for you."
    What I wanted to say:
    "Just where the f#ck do you get off tagging me along for two freaking weeks?! Thought you'd keep me as a back up did you!? I'm nobodies f#cking silver medal!"

*sigh* Why am I so polite to these people?

Clearly ya were there, hero.

Just back from a shocker of a date, knew I wasn't gonna fancy her and was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Just saw a guy (who seemed nice) who's age is given as 43 on one site and 46 on another It hardly seems worth the lie, just to move his age down a few years.
    But yeah it is annoying how people can lie about such random details.

Some people are suspicious by nature.

Some sites require a DOB and calculate an age, others you type in an age. If someone joined a site a couple of years ago and didn't update their age then this difference could exist, without any intent whatsoever to mislead. Someone might rejoin the site after a year or so and not update this.

People who intend to mislead would simply use different identities on different sites, not the same one with an age a couple of years different!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How'd Larianne's date go? I'm slightly concerned she hasn't told us yet.

Haha. Thanks for your concern. It went grand. He was nice. Had a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Haha. Thanks for your concern. It went grand. He was nice. Had a laugh.

So you seeing him again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement