Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Caoimhín perm banned.

:cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Caoimhín perm banned.

Sure, when you have a girlfriend, who needs online dating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Galvasean wrote: »
    Sure, when you have a girlfriend, who needs online dating?

Shut your god damn mouth,thats who!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Caoimhín perm banned.

:cool::

Seriously, im only posting these wee things to encourage the rest of ye and show that tdinternet dating can work.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Myself and my POF girlfriend are off to San Sebastian in the Basque country for 2 weeks.

Ok, ill stop gloating now, promise.

I hope you don't go around introducing her as that! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Shut your god damn mouth,thats who!

Shut your god damn mouth sounds like a cheater. Best avoided on POF so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Larianne wrote: »

Hee hee. My "plenty of fish" girlfriend. My "plenty more where that came from" girlfriend. Larianne has a point :pac:

Glad to hear it, enjoy!

....This is my POF girlfriend, that is my OKcupid girlfriend and yer wan over there is my anotherfriend girlfriend..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Caoimhín perm banned.

yeah, get a decent haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

....This is my POF girlfriend, that is my OKcupid girlfriend and yer wan over there is my anotherfriend girlfriend..... :pac:

You mean they actually exist?:D Here was me thinking the site had CPU users who view your profile every now and then to keep you logging on and keeping you interested haha:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Naw, i introduce her as my potential first wife :D

Awwwwwww....

Otis! The ban button didn't work. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

If it works out, always keep her on her toes by introducing her as your first wife :pac:

If it works out, always keep her on her toes by introducing her as your first wife :pac:

Or first ex wife depending on how many online dating sites you have profiles on:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ok I jumped and set up a profile on OKc. answered 120 odd questions, all my nearest matches are lunatics :( FML turns out I AM crazy

zuroph wrote: »
    ok I jumped and set up a profile on OKc. answered 120 odd questions, all my nearest matches are lunatics :( FML turns out I AM crazy

*Goes to view profile*

*Goes to view profile*

*waits anxiously for the wink* :pac:

seriously, highest match is a person who says they are depressed and sick of the world and want to share their time with someone else who feels the same. :eek: I need to re-evaluate how I answer questions!

*waits anxiously for the wink* :pac:

seriously, highest match is a person who says they are depressed and sick of the world and want to share their time with someone else who feels the same. :eek: I need to re-evaluate how I answer questions!

oh dear!

Obviously a code fail from OKc, they should be trying to keep me interested in visiting the site again!

second highest match is a girl who mentions she's on a sports team that my ex is on. FML.

EDIT: And the third match is also on her team. FML

Obviously a code fail from OKc, they should be trying to keep me interested in visiting the site again!

second highest match is a girl who mentions she's on a sports team that my ex is on. FML.

Unfortunately my experience has been similar. Searched through and found a few interesting profiles so I dropped a few mails and have been doing so on a regular basis (glutton for punishment i guess:D) and have yet to recieve a reply.
    I dunno if this is a usual thing on this website or whether my approach is just all wrong (actually show an interest reading a girls profile and aim my message to address points in their profile to show I am not just sending generic messages to girls).
    I have seen a few on this thread have had success. Is this the majority and just a case of me being in the minority or is this a general trend of OkCupid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ecoli, girls do get an awful lot of messgaes on the site, so just keep going and trying .
    It does work honestly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ecoli wrote: »
    Unfortunately my experience has been similar. Searched through and found a few interesting profiles so I dropped a few mails and have been doing so on a regular basis (glutton for punishment i guess:D) and have yet to recieve a reply.
    I dunno if this is a usual thing on this website or whether my approach is just all wrong (actually show an interest reading a girls profile and aim my message to address points in their profile to show I am not just sending generic messages to girls).
    I have seen a few on this thread have had success. Is this the majority and just a case of me being in the minority or is this a general trend of OkCupid?

Given that there's a very limited number of females who regularly use the site, it's probably not uncommon for girls to receive a good few mails from various people but tbh I've found it a lot better than POF in that people do tend to reply though.

Keep at it I'd say. Don't go by their matching system because I've found that people with a high percentage match have absolutely nothing in common with me or anything.

No word from Dovies. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

No word from Dovies. :confused:

she could be suffering total sexual exhaustion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Curiosity has gotten the better of me, made a profile just to have a look,might find my prince charming!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

newbee22 wrote: »
    Curiosity has gotten the better of me, made a profile just to have a look,might find my prince charming!:o

Which site?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Plenty of fish...the thought of answering 120 questions on the cupid one seems like hard work!

the questions on OKc are optional...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wish the only people messaging me from OKC weren't from America. I'm not really limiting myself to any sort of location but this is taking the piss. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

That_Guy wrote: »
    I wish the only people messaging me from OKC weren't from America. I'm not really limiting myself to any sort of location but this is taking the piss. :pac:

I'm on match, and keep getting winks from guys whose profiles are in other languages. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement