Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Dovies wrote: »
    Morning
    Just had a thought! Wonder how many of us are mailing each other on POF and not knowing it!! :D:eek:

So thats who you are! jk

I've managed to meet up with 2 girls from POF. First was a one date thing,, texted me the next day saying she wants another, then the following day friendzoned me!:rolleyes:

The other girl seems to be going ok so far, have had 2 dates, another next week.. bang on and definitely my type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Oh God

Woke up today with no memory past 1.00am (was out last night). Was late for work but noticed OkC was on screen of my laptop as i was rushing to get dressed. This cannot be good:(. Will have to persevere till work finishes to check the damage. Never again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

:confused:No word from Bobbles today folks - wonder did she ask him out??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Woke up today with no memory past 1.00am (was out last night). Was late for work but noticed OkC was on screen of my laptop as i was rushing to get dressed. This cannot be good
    Maybe that could be the seceret we are missing, masses of alcohol before logging on and contacting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I drunk messaged a girl from OKC before. I complimented her on her wallpaper she had in the background claiming that it was nice and colourful and very vibrant.

I didn't get a message back.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

101001 wrote: »
    Please tell me that didnt actually happen?

Okay. I won't tell you.

What does it mean when a girl messages you to ask if you've ever considered growing a beard?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Okay. I won't tell you.

What does it mean when a girl messages you to ask if you've ever considered growing a beard?

I'm no expert but I think it means that she'd like to sleep with you.

Actually got quite a few mails between last night and now. And you all doubted the snapping turtle...

alligator-snapping-turtle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Okay. I won't tell you.

She doesn't like your chin :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Okay. I won't tell you.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm no expert but I think it means that she'd like to sleep with you.

It actually means you've found one of the freaky i dig beard ladies... Your duty is to immediately inform any bearded guy you know and let him reap his rewards.

I may or may not have a beard... and by may or may not I may mean may

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Actually got quite a few mails between last night and now. And you all doubted the snapping turtle...

alligator-snapping-turtle.jpg

Eugh, look at the chin on him ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Eugh, look at the chin on him ...

Luckily he has a tough exterior to deal with the insults:pac:

So according to OKC my personality might be...

more spontaneous - cool :)

more arrogant - damn right :cool:

more sexdriven - giggidy! :pac:

more progressive - *smokes pipe*

more political - well, I was on my school's students council!

more organized - Says more about everyone else than me

more aggressive - :mad:

less pure - :o

less spiritual - 10,000 posts in A&A agree

less old fashioned - see above

less lonely - despite being single for every valentine's day and birthday of my life... and all christmases bar one!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Hi guys, back again.....

Soooo I was chatting to the guy again last nite and he was asking if I had anymore pictures (I have most of mine blocked on fb)...soooo I said feck it this is my chance to drop ONE MORE BIG HINT before just coming straight out with it. My reply 'sure wont u see what I look like when we meet'.....to which a date is in the works next week ;)....

Kinda nervous, suggestions of hitting the town after wrk next thurs or going to a gig....never been on a date, its gonna be weird! Any other ideas? We're both in our mid 20's...I no if I hit the town ill probably end up rat arsed! Never no when to go home :D

Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

bobbles87 wrote: »
    Hi guys, back again.....

Soooo I was chatting to the guy again last nite and he was asking if I had anymore pictures (I have most of mine blocked on fb)...soooo I said feck it this is my chance to drop ONE MORE BIG HINT before just coming straight out with it. My reply 'sure wont u see what I look like when we meet'.....to which a date is in the works next week ;)....

Kinda nervous, suggestions of hitting the town after wrk next thurs or going to a gig....never been on a date, its gonna be weird! Any other ideas? We're both in our mid 20's...I no if I hit the town ill probably end up rat arsed! Never no when to go home :D

Thanks for the advice!

Cool...:D

Best advice....when you meet him and you realllllllly like him DONT get rat arsed.

When you met him and your just not into him DO get rat arsed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

bobbles87 wrote: »
    Hi guys, back again.....

Thanks for the advice!

A few drinks, with the gig option, but make sure you give yourself a hometime... you want to enjoy the date, not get trollied and not be able to remember it!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I'm not 100% certain, but i THINK this might be a copy and paste mail..

Hi Boys, How ya all keeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

gatecrash wrote: »
    I'm not 100% certain, but i THINK this might be a copy and paste mail..

Hi Boys, How ya all keeping?

Starting not Staerting ;););) :D

*runs away giggling*

zuroph wrote: »
    decent girl replies to my mail seemingly very interested in what I had to say :D
    2 days later, despite her being online, no more contact. oh well.

This is happening to me with the two girls I'm mailed yesterday.
    First one. Fairly fast reply. Seemed interested and talkative. I send follow on message. Nothing.
    Second one. Replies very quickly. Few messages exchanged last night. All seemed well. Today nothing.
    Both are currently online now and as best I can tell have been all bloody day.
    I even opened an IM with one of them just now which (the second one), which was declined.

Am i missing some kind of secret code that you have to ask them out within 20 minutes of first contact or they start ignoring you or something? :confused:

My new profile picture will be up and running in a few minutes. :pac:

y-u-no-meme-generator-ladies-y-u-no-message-me-back-2d0677.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

OMG That Guy... do it :D

OMG That Guy... do it :D

It's up on OKC now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Grrr...got a really nice email from a cute girl 3 days ago, sent her a reply the morning after I got it and she hasn't logged in since! Ah well, will have to keep on fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Grrr...got a really nice email from a cute girl 3 days ago, sent her a reply the morning after I got it and she hasn't logged in since! Ah well, will have to keep on fishing.

at least she hasnt logged in, could be busy, its the ones that are logged in are more annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

zuroph wrote: »
    at least she hasnt logged in, could be busy, its the ones that are logged in are more annoying.

very true, I'm still undecided if it's better to get a reply with a polite decline rather than no reply at all as I've yet to receive a reply from anyone I've mailed! Ever get the feeling you're jinxed :D

Just got a mail on OKC (is it just me or has that site gotten livelier lately?) from a very cute girl. Not gonna message her back. that's how online dating works right?

Just got a mail on OKC (is it just me or has that site gotten livelier lately?) from a very cute girl. Not gonna message her back. that's how online dating works right?

Quick!!! Ask her out!!!

I found you. :pac:

Totally asking you out on a date. :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    My new profile picture will be up and running in a few minutes. :pac:

y-u-no-meme-generator-ladies-y-u-no-message-me-back-2d0677.jpg

^^^ he actually did, legend! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Question: Does anyone live outside Dublin <_<

Just started up an OKC profile and flicking through initial matches, every girl seems to live exclusively in Dublin which is a bit of a bugger for those of us who have no car >_>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement