Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I have no idea what site OKC is, but if I saw that as a profile pic I would be totally compelled to send a message. That is just too funny. I imagine everyone puts up their best photo and then there's that pic.

That has made my night :D:D Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That_Guy wrote: »
    Quick!!! Ask her out!!!

Done and accepted. :cool:

Prediction: Wonderful first date. No second date.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Galvasean wrote: »
    Done and accepted. :cool:

Prediction: Wonderful first date. No second date.

After how many messages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Sure it's probably been done like a million times in the thread already, but how long do people wait before asking to meet? I think, as a rule of thumb anyhow, that 3 days/evenings worth of chat first seems about right.

Second meet up with the same girl scheduled for this Saturday, so wish me luck.

That_Guy wrote: »
    After how many messages?

4 I think.
    Kinski wrote: »
    Sure it's probably been done like a million times in the thread already, but how long do people wait before asking to meet? I think, as a rule of thumb anyhow, that 3 days/evenings worth of chat first seems about right.

Any dates I've been on were a result of asking them on the day of first contact. If you're both online at the same time and swapping messages back n' forth that's the best time to ask IMO.
    The longer you leave it the more time they have to see That Guy's new profile picture and drop you like a hot snot!

• Advertisement

Okay just got mailed out of the blue by another gorgeous girl on OKC... what is this a full moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Snapping turtle...??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Okay just got mailed out of the blue by another gorgeous girl on OKC... what is this a full moon?

Maybe you're on to something there, I've been very popular the last 3 days after a period of radio silence. Not complaining mind.

Larianne wrote: »
    Snapping turtle...??

Galvasean's online dating tip #74: How to pick up a snapping turtle.

snapperturtle_4.jpg&sa=X&ei=3DEWTv_dGcy7hAeJ0cVe&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Dw&usg=AFQjCNGiVcEFOVAM4T-Qb-H3NTN_KsyIng

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

From the outside, this looks like some OKC/POF support group. Ammarite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

damn you galvasean! leave some for the rest of us! :p

Augmerson wrote: »
    From the outside, this looks like some OKC/POF support group. Ammarite?

More or less...
    zuroph wrote: »
    damn you galvasean! leave some for the rest of us! :p

In nature the alpha male gets all of the females. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

More or less...

A scene from the start of Fight Club springs to mind where they are all at some weird support group.

Does one of us have man tits?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

someone say tit?

BluetitDM_468x359.jpg

:pac: a blue one no less, stop twisting!!!

^^ Tits AND nuts! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Your right, I used OKC a few years ago and got *nothing* for a month or so, and very rare responses to many messages sent out.

It seems a hive of activity now, for whatever reason, excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well happy Friday folks :D
    Anyone got dates for the weekend??

Any dates I've been on were a result of asking them on the day of first contact. If you're both online at the same time and swapping messages back n' forth that's the best time to ask IMO.
    The longer you leave it the more time they have to see That Guy's new profile picture and drop you like a hot snot!

Forgot to mention, in all bar one of the dates I've been on with people from online it was the girl who instigated first contact. I guess if you mail them you are just one of amny voices vying for attention, but if they mail you they are probably more interested in what you have to say.

Snapping turtle FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

zuroph wrote: »
    :(

Don't worry, some girls prefer beta males :)

No one tell my boyfriend I called him a beta male.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

:D
    Maybe I need to rethink my approach...

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

I just got asked on a date for Saturday with a guy I really like! I am petrified, haven't been on a date in years as I was in a LTR.

Help!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I just got asked on a date for Saturday with a guy I really like! I am petrified, haven't been on a date in years as I was in a LTR.

Have you something to lose by going? Get out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Ok, You like him. he likes you. And the date has been arranged. Sounds good so far!!

Don't be petrified, but a little bit of nerves is ok. Is it drinks in a pub? Or something else?

If drinks, don't get trollied. Have a few drinks by all means, but don't get drunk.

Have some mates ring you after about 30 minutes to make sure it's going ok. I know it sounds horrible, but an exit strategy is kinda necessary for the first date. Someone might come across as really witty and funny and nice on the net/text/phone, but in person might be as dry as a dinosaurs petrified sh!te!! (FYI, at times, that's me, that is!! :):( )

Above all, have fun and decide yourself if you like this guy

Ah just go for it. I had a date on Monday - my first since November! Didnt kill me lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You like him, he seemingly likes you. Go and have fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Ok, ok I will relax! Haven't replied yet to say I am going so don't know where it will be, hope it's a pub and not anything non-alcohol related :D

I am just hoping I don't have it built up too much, there has been an exchange of many long emails and we seem to get on really well! Only on OKC about a week so I am liking the success rate ;)

I am just hoping I don't have it built up too much, there has been an exchange of many long emails and we seem to get on really well! Only on OKC about a week so I am liking the success rate ;)

Maybe Im wrong - but Im sure someone on here will put me straight - are all the success stories on OKC from people in their 20's/early 30's??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

gatecrash wrote: »
    Ok, You like him. he likes you. And the date has been arranged. Sounds good so far!!

Don't be petrified, but a little bit of nerves is ok. Is it drinks in a pub? Or something else?

If drinks, don't get trollied. Have a few drinks by all means, but don't get drunk.

Have some mates ring you after about 30 minutes to make sure it's going ok. I know it sounds horrible, but an exit strategy is kinda necessary for the first date. Someone might come across as really witty and funny and nice on the net/text/phone, but in person might be as dry as a dinosaurs petrified sh!te!! (FYI, at times, that's me, that is!! :):( )

Above all, have fun and decide yourself if you like this guy

Why do u need to have someone ring you after 30 minutes. What if your deep in conversation and you dont want to answer the phone, then your friends will be worried etc. Just text one of them when you can.
    You do not need an exit strategy. I would assume if you are old enough to go for a drink, you are old enough to say, thanks ive got to go home now, it was nice to meet you etc!!!

• Advertisement

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Why do u need to have someone ring you after 30 minutes. What if your deep in conversation and you dont want to answer the phone, then your friends will be worried etc. Just text one of them when you can.
    You do not need an exit strategy. I would assume if you are old enough to go for a drink, you are old enough to say, thanks ive got to go home now, it was nice to meet you etc!!!

Yeah have to agree. I have never done the friend ringing thing. Although I have used my son as an excuse to leave early!! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement