Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Dovies wrote: »
    Maybe Im wrong - but Im sure someone on here will put me straight - are all the success stories on OKC from people in their 20's/early 30's??

Well, I am 29 if that answers your Q! Will hold off saying it has been a success just yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ive used excuses alright to get out of dates early. But the last date i was on, we got on great, and theres no way i would have been so rude by answering my phone in the middle of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Galvasean wrote: »
    Forgot to mention, in all bar one of the dates I've been on with people from online it was the girl who instigated first contact. I guess if you mail them you are just one of amny voices vying for attention, but if they mail you they are probably more interested in what you have to say.

Snapping turtle FTW.

Yeah, I've contacted all the guys I've had dates with.
    Ok, ok I will relax! Haven't replied yet to say I am going so don't know where it will be, hope it's a pub and not anything non-alcohol related :D

I am just hoping I don't have it built up too much, there has been an exchange of many long emails and we seem to get on really well! Only on OKC about a week so I am liking the success rate ;)

I would suggest that you pick the venue. That way you'll know where you're going and know the exit routes! Every venue I've gone on dates bar one has had two exits. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Was chatting to a really nice woman on OKCupid. We got on well, had a bit of fun, share the same views, and then she tells me that she's going abroad for a year.

Goddamnit... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

and then she tells me that she's going abroad for a year
    One hell of an exit strategy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Or an invitation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Or an invitation
    I went out with an aussie girl briefly in London, who was from Northern Victoria and was forever bitching about how crap her home town was, and how there was never anything to do and how there was no work there and the folks were terrible...

When her visa ran out, she wanted me to move back there with her :eek: [I said a polite no]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I went out with an aussie girl briefly in London, who was from Northern Victoria and was forever bitching about how crap her home town was, and how there was never anything to do and how there was no work there and the folks were terrible...

When her visa ran out, she wanted me to move back there with her :eek: [I said a polite no]

But maybe she wanted you to be her entertainment - read sex toy! :eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Dovies wrote: »
    Or an invitation ;)

I prefer Dovies theory. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Must be something in the air this week going on other people's impressions and mine over last few days. After not getting a mail for months I get two this week. Both seem pretty interesting people and getting on well.

Ask one on a date for next week, she quickly replies "how about tomorrow". Seems like she is genuinely interested but I have to say no. My antics during the week at my friends birthday culminated in an unexpected shortfall of funds this week (Coppers should not have an ATM on the premises)

Thankfully she understood and even offered to cover tomorrow (could be a keeper;)) Anyway decided better impression if we wait and I can actually cover my own bill:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jeez, she's defo keen!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Larianne wrote: »
    Jeez, she's defo keen!:eek:

Its the Law of Averages, she is just making up for lack of interest over last while:p

Ah I think it was also the fact she knows we are both off tomorrow (both do shiftwork)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

ecoli wrote: »
    Its the Law of Averages, she is just making up for lack of interest over last while:p

Ah I think it was also the fact she knows we are both off tomorrow (both do shiftwork)

Awh, sounds good. Save the pennies (and the euros) now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

ecoli wrote: »

shiftwork.... ayeoooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Got a phone number, full name and msn address on first day have meeting on this weekend. seems nice too. better online convo than the last one.

this from pof

101001 wrote: »
    shiftwork.... ayeoooooo

Theres nothing better than meeting a fellow shift worker. Im one myself and no-one understands shift work.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

After all this talk about OKC... I decided to join just there....hmmm 5 weeks ago I wouldve turned my nose up at online dating sites, 5 wks on and POF later, I have caught the bug :D!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Theres nothing better than meeting a fellow shift worker. Im one myself and no-one understands shift work.

Ive recently acquired a greater under standing of shift work. These days Im managing to keep sober during the shift, really increases the standard of my work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I think if someone wants to be with you, then they'll learn to understand shift work.

gatecrash wrote: »
    I think if someone wants to be with you, then they'll learn to understand shift work.

No-one understands shift work, that your constantly tired, because you work 12 hour nights, that you cant come out at weekends etc.

Anyway rant over!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

No-one understands shift work, that your constantly tired, because you work 12 hour nights, that you cant come out at weekends etc.

Anyway rant over!!

I know your pain but shift work has it benefits to, I dont know about you but I work three 12 hours a weeks so four days off a week sometimes getting a week off without taking any holidays so its not all bad. Ive also never had any problems dating anyone regards my shiftwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Marcus_Crassus

I am going out on a date with a girl from POF next Friday; but I am also talking to another really nice girl on Okcupid. I was about ready to jack it all in but this has changed it..

It's strange how you can go days without a message and then all of a sudden you get bombarded. Seriously, what's up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I'm a 'beautiful sexy lady' now, these guys must really like the generic profile picture when you have no picture showing!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

newbee22 wrote: »
    I'm a 'beautiful sexy lady' now, these guys must really like the generic profile picture when you have no picture showing!:p

On the inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Galvasean wrote: »
    On the inside?

Seems to be the case:o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

New avatar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

been mailing a guy for ages n i mean ages n suggested meeting up and no reply haha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a non-drinker, been looking for similar but noticing a trend of girls listing themselves as non-drinkers but having profile pics of them with drinks in hand :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

As a non-drinker, been looking for similar but noticing a trend of girls listing themselves as non-drinkers but having profile pics of them with drinks in hand :confused:

I could be a mineral or they could be holding a friends drink!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

mood wrote: »
    I could be a mineral or they could be holding a friends drink!

I can see the bottles in most and it's defo alcohol, and a good many seem to be them on the dance floor with drink in hand...

Regardless, doesn't exactly make an appealing picture. :p

Oooh, sent my first message on one of these sites now though. The tension. The fear of being rejected. The anticipation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement