Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

It's strange how you can go days without a message and then all of a sudden you get bombarded. Seriously, what's up with that?

'like' attracts 'like'..lol. its either a feast or a famine. this always happens to me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I can see the bottles in most and it's defo alcohol, and a good many seem to be them on the dance floor with drink in hand...

Regardless, doesn't exactly make an appealing picture. :p

Oooh, sent my first message on one of these sites now though. The tension. The fear of being rejected. The anticipation.

the chances are that they wont bother their holes replying, you could write the introdso uction worthy of a pulitzer prize and they still dont answer.

so dont worry about being rejected, it is unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

the chances are that they wont bother their holes replying, you could write the introdso uction worthy of a pulitzer prize and they still dont answer.

so dont worry about being rejected, it is unlikely

Well this is the message I have just received from someone that I replied to with a thanks no thanks message (not in those words)

'take it u have seen pic and like all the Irish women judged me soley on what I look like not on me as a person ye Isish women are all the same ye need to get a lesson in manners and how to treat people and not so shallow and judgemental u know they say people who judge others on looks should take a look at themselfs first ye no oil painting ye selfs and people who judge are very shallow and narrow minded and no proper upbringing'

Now - He isn't my type anyway and lives in Cork which is no use to me but with a reply like that I think I will go with ignoring from now on!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

Dovies wrote: »
    'take it u have seen pic and like all the Irish women judged me soley on what I look like not on me as a person ye Isish women are all the same ye need to get a lesson in manners and how to treat people and not so shallow and judgemental u know they say people who judge others on looks should take a look at themselfs first ye no oil painting ye selfs and people who judge are very shallow and narrow minded and no proper upbringing'

Now - He isn't my type anyway and lives in Cork which is no use to me but with a reply like that I think I will go with ignoring from now on!! ;)

What a twat. I can see how the online dating thing might get frustrating after a while, but there is no need to be so rude, and to someone you don't even know! With an attitude like that I don't think he is going to get very far (but he can always blame the women for that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Well this is the message I have just received from someone that I replied to with a thanks no thanks message (not in those words)

What an idiot!! I would have sent a smart reply back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    What an idiot!! I would have sent a smart reply back!!!

I'd say a smart reply would go right over this guy's head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I can see the bottles in most and it's defo alcohol, and a good many seem to be them on the dance floor with drink in hand...

Regardless, doesn't exactly make an appealing picture. :p

Oooh, sent my first message on one of these sites now though. The tension. The fear of being rejected. The anticipation.

Seen that kind of thing on profiles listed as occasional smokers or non smoking and they had up to four photos with a cig in their hands. Reading further down, they were looking for an honest guy and fed up with liars!Just accept that out there are some not very bright liars:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Women that stick their tongues out on profile pics, what's that all about? Instant turn off to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

lol, should reply to that "Yes making assumptions as to why I turned you down, and accusing me of being shallow, isn't at all judgmental or narrow minded in it itself".

I don't understand anyone replying angrily like that; perhaps they think whinging at someone will get them a date :pac:

I've been chatting to a fair few people on OkCupid and other sites in the last while, and have a couple of meet ups; most of it is just friendly chat though, so I wouldn't put the meets as 'dates'.
    I'm not so great/knowledgeable at pushing things past the 'friendly chat' type thing though, but I'm more than happy to just meet and chat with a few people that way for a while, without looking for anything in particular :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap. A hot girl that plays Call Of Duty is talking to me.

I may have to marry her now. :pac: If she supports Newcastle I'll be mightily impressed. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

A girl messaged me?!!? WTF IS THIS TRICKERY?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

call of duty is so last year,

went on 2nd date last night, went well enough, going keep it going but not be too serious see how it goes, she seems like me too which helps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Women that stick their tongues out on profile pics, what's that all about? Instant turn off to me.

You think that's bad? I've seen a couple of profiles where the girls had pics of themselves being licked by guys. Now that's a MAJOR turn-off.

Or there would be a photo with two people in it - an attractive person and a not so attractive person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

This wouldn't be a turn off for me at all, plenty of people pull funny faces when a camera comes out so I don't see this as being rude at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

zuroph wrote: »
    A girl messaged me?!!? WTF IS THIS TRICKERY?!

Asks the magician. :D
    Maguined wrote: »
    This wouldn't be a turn off for me at all, plenty of people pull funny faces when a camera comes out so I don't see this as being rude at all.

More for you so. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'll never trust a trick I cant work out in ten minutes ;)

Larianne wrote: »
    More for you so. ;)

You should of ended that with the tongue smiley instead for bonus points. :p

You should of ended that with the tongue smiley instead for bonus points. :p

I'll never woo you so! :pac:

I'll never woo you so! :pac:

Not with that defeatist attitude anyway, I can forgive the french fancy incidents, I can overlook the missed opportunity of witty banter but I just can't respect a quitter. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I don't do it myself but some friends do and they just happened to pull a funny face. I wouldn't read into it too much.

Well I have photographic evidence of ye pulling the whole "sticking tongue out in photo" so you should indeed be supportive of such folks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

had what can only be described as a positive meeting this evening. she seemed very nice, and there was talk of meeting again.

at the very least, found a new friend. haha

Not with that defeatist attitude anyway, I can forgive the french fancy incidents, I can overlook the missed opportunity of witty banter but I just can't respect a quitter. :pac:

Damn it!
    had what can only be described as a positive meeting this evening. she seemed very nice, and there was talk of meeting again.

This thread is nice and positive at the moment! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

always good when at the least theirs some chat on the date.

Or there would be a photo with two people in it - an attractive person and a not so attractive person.

Yep and its ALWAYS the 'not so attractive' person thats online! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Date went really well on Sat night, (well at least I think it did), talk of a second date and a bit of a snog and everything but haven't heard anything since :(

Date went really well on Sat night, (well at least I think it did), talk of a second date and a bit of a snog and everything but haven't heard anything since :(

Join the club! Havent heard a word since last week. Ah well another one bites the dust! :(

Join the club! Havent heard a word since last week. Ah well another one bites the dust! :(

Have you text the guy?? He couldn't be sitting around saying the same thing?!

Have you text the guy?? He couldn't be sitting around saying the same thing?!

Ah - I gave him my number before our date but he never used it so dont have his! In fairness he hasnt been online since last week either so.... giving him the benefit of the doubt for the time being! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah - I gave him my number before our date but he never used it so dont have his! In fairness he hasnt been online since last week either so.... giving him the benefit of the doubt for the time being! :rolleyes:

How come you didn't ask for his number?!

Maybe send him a mail to say you had a nice time on the date. An email might be sent to him to say you sent him a message.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement