Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

so how is everyones quest going?

Havnt stopped by in a while :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I've just chanced my arm with a R.L. 3D person.

Bloody annoyed with myself now, cos i get the distinct impression that she's a gonna say no! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

gatecrash wrote: »

This is the online dating forum - go away with your real life people!! ;):D

She wont say no!

Misticles wrote: »
    so how is everyones quest going?

Havnt stopped by in a while :D

I've left Internet dating world for a bit of a break, and am having as much success in 3d world.......which is to say none.

Denise has left the thread after a Mod spat and i've no idea how she's getting on

Snoopy is totally loved up and drops by to say hi every once in a while

The rest can tell you about them selves!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Bloody annoyed with myself now, cos i get the distinct impression that she's a gonna say no! :(

If you're not in it, you can't win it!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

IF you that impression, if a woman on a dating site gives me that,
    kinda cold shoulder i just sat on a
    Butt Plug
    type of vibe thingy...

Tho saying that I think the number 1 attibute about online dating and approach is simple don't care about them or the reply... Because at the end of the day they could as sooner be in your life as they are out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭premierlass

So, I got about three messages from someone on OKCupid who had virtually nothing on his profile though he said maybe I would induce him to get a full membership :rolleyes:, and that he was looking for "fun with no complications". So I ignored his messages until I got another one today, and I was irritated enough to reply pointing out that we were obviously looking for different things, and I got this passive aggresive reply back.
    Hello and thank you for replying. Yes, I am looking for some fun and no complications... are you looking for boring time and a lot of complications instead? ;-) I do not think so....

Ladies and gentlemen - I think I've just encountered my first negging. Let's just say it's a good thing for him that he didn't get to try that in person.

Ladies and gentlemen - I think I've just encountered my first negging. Let's just say it's a good thing for him that he didn't get to try that in person.

Its good that you think that's negging....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Got my first message from a nice sounding/looking girl on plentyoffish,plus her profile isn't written in txt speak which is a good sign!

Shall see how things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭premierlass

Aw come on, it's a little more subtle than your average, but still negging I think. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Negging:
    Low-grade insults meant to undermine the self-confidence of a woman so she might be more vulnerable to your advances.

I learned something new today.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Galvasean wrote: »
    Negging:
    Low-grade insults meant to undermine the self-confidence of a woman so she might be more vulnerable to your advances.

I learned something new today.

Ha, just looked that up too !

that's neg ^

Its a form of patronising/sarcasm.. Its like if you make fun of a girls hair she says ( i think my hairs nice...)

One would reply: Its good that you think that....
    Aw come on, it's a little more subtle than your average, but still negging I think. :)

I like the sopund of a fishing box filled with concrete and the Atlantic... :pac:
    Honestly if he thinks that highly of him self why is he on a dating site ;)

Galv
    Negging:

I wouldn't say so maybe some Wannabe psycho bablist would but I would say its more a form of sarcasm/patronising... In a playfull way any idiot who wants to bye into the Hole quote above can but its far from it they just like the sound of there own voices :pac:

meanwhile in 3d land i wait for 5.00 and the increased flow of alcohol into my bloodstream to ease the rejection bit again!! :):D

It really is a good thing that i tend not to take myself too seriously!!

Or should that be IS IT really a good thing etc... ?

Hmmm..

Ah well, it's Friday. That means things can only get better. For 2 days.

you don't need a drink

O no you don't

128768964165979945.jpg

I couldnt find one with ari gold :(

so this will have to do :/

Hugging Pussy's or beer?

hmmmm....... decisions decisions......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Do people put Dublin down for convience or is every girl on OKCupid living in Dublin <_<

Hugging Pussy's or beer?

hmmmm....... decisions decisions......

we'll get you a heiniken keg and some klenex :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Do people put Dublin down for convience or is every girl on OKCupid living in Dublin <_<

Putting down Dublin wouldn't be very convenient if you didn't live in Dublin or at least in the commuter belt. Are you trying POF too? There's probably a greater geographical spread on there. Though 'tis an ugly site compared to OKC...oh, and how bad does OKC wanna be the Facebook of online dating!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Anyone ried the mobiile apps. The okc one ia horrificly slow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

I just got an email from a guy who is married, but apparently it's not a problem as his wife is bi and it could be an adventure for all of us.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Got a date tonight, wish me luck! My expectations aren't too high but I reckon that's a good thing because in the past I've managed to build up things in my head that don't live up to it.
    ecoli wrote: »
    Just relax and have fun remember the other person has already said yes going on your pictures and talking to you so the hard work is done. You dont need to impress but rather just be yourself.
    Worst case there is no spark you are not committed to seeing them again so just see how it goes

Went ok, had a couple of pints and he walked me to the bus stop. He was very cute, much better looking than his photos... but no spark. He did talk non-stop though, might have just been nerves but I'd say the conversation split was about 90% him to 10% me.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

late night, tipsy messaging on PoF......... I expect to either crinnge at myself tomorrow or get a date out of it....... both if im really lucky

/also just spotted what i'm certain is my first fellow boardsie PoF'er

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I got 2 boardsie messages on PoF yesterday ^_^

6 hour long first date. that don't usually happen :)

10 euros galva got a kiss last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

6 hour long first date. that don't usually happen :)

I see your 6 hours and raise you 30. Date was on Thursday, got home half an hour ago... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

The Gnome wrote: »
    I see your 6 hours and raise you 30. Date was on Thursday, got home half an hour ago... :D

Holy God .. bet you're moving in together now :pac:

10 euros galva got a kiss last night :D

Not one.

• Advertisement

Not one.

:confused: why ? i mean 6 hours on a first date is a long time. most times in that situation a good face wearing of comp is a good way to end the night. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement