Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Misticles wrote: »
    I share a house with one now and he just likes the roide,

You can't really begrudge him that can you?! I mean, who doesn't like de roide?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

You can't really begrudge him that can you?! I mean, who doesn't like de roide?!

god no! just his choice of women :D Not even sex noises, just yap yap yap yap yap yap!

In fairness, I've been living there 7 months and he has brought home 2 ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

tis feeling a bit like a mugs game this. not even a reply in over a week.i'll be the one with the blue circle by my name haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Galvasean wrote: »
    If #3 does go ahead I'll stop reporting after that as it's not really online dating anymore...

I was wondering when people considered it time to stop posting about relationships that start via dating sites! :p

Had #3 meet-up at the weekend (wouldn't class the first meeting as a date), with #4 lined-up for this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭premierlass

I've closed my account. I realised I was on it just to try and get over someone, and that's not really fair because I'm nowhere near that point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Well thats probably the best option for you and any blokes you may have met.As someone that has been burned by being the rebound guy :rolleyes: it sucks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭premierlass

Yep, I feel awful. I hadn't actually gone out with anyone, but had talked about it. I was just fooling myself.

I went on sites a month or so after a relatively big break up and I have to say it helped me. I was putting myself back out there and getting back into the whole scene that I had been absent from .

Went on a few dates, few kisses but nothing came of them. Made some friends from the people I met.

It's not for everyone as people may get lead on etc but that wasn't the case for me.

@otis, I've been the rebound one too! Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

rebound group hug! :( sucks donkeys balls

two unread/deleteds today. yup, think this endeavour is bringing all sorts of negative feelings to the surface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

two unread/deleteds today. yup, think this endeavour is bringing all sorts of negative feelings to the surface.

I deleted my online dating profiles recently for that very reason. I just felt it was making me feel even crappier about myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Lads, which sites are you on? What age group are you?

I send plenty of messages that go unanswered but it's mainly my fault for chancing my arm with women who wouldn't be my type to begin with.
    Also, if someone hasn't the guts to respond or even look at your profile then you're hardly missing out on "the one" in fairness.

I've been out with 4 different women so far since joining this online dating malarkey two months ago, all nice girls, three fancied me but I didn't fancy them back and the last we had absolutely nothing in common. Maybe I'm the problem...

I was about to pack it in but I seem to have struck gold at the moment and I will say nothing more until after the first date oh yes indeedy do!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I've spotted friggin tons of female boardsies on POF. Just looked up my old profile there, I can't believe I got asked out a few times with the pic I had up :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Lads, which sites are you on? What age group are you?

I'm 24, and on POF. Seems to be paying off!

34 on pof okc and i just let a match.com sub expire because it was a load of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Male, 35, Profiles on OKC,POF & AF.
    All Active but not logging into them for another few weeks, on a self enforced hiatus from the sites

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

gatecrash wrote: »
    Male, 35, Profiles on OKC,POF & AF.
    All Active but not logging into them for another few weeks, on a self enforced hiatus from the sites

Dont give up!!

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Dont give up!!

Don't give up giving up? or don't give up the sites?

Cos if i give up giving up then i'm gonna have to start smoking again, and with the horrible gunk that's coming out of my lungs at the moment that's not all that appealing!! :)

I prefer POF! I'm 25.

Have found some good dates on there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

God- a guy I dated a few weeks ago is doing my head in with texting! It put me off him so much that I contacted him and said I didn't see it becoming anything other than maybe friends (which I did mean btw, he seemed sound otherwise) but the texting has continued perhaps even more heavily! I'm working nights this week and v busy but have just woken up to what I realise was the 3rd text in a row from him that I haven't replied to. At this rate he's annoying me so much I don't want to see him this weekend, even as friends.

I'm sure I'm going to look like a psycho who's led him on if I cancel our drink this weekend, what with having a nice date, then a week later saying I wasn't into him that way but would like to hang out again if he did, then cancelling that...but honestly!

I'm busy! I don't keep in touch with people I'm actually friends with that much, never mind someone I've met once! And nothing bugs me more than someone texting again if they haven't had a reply for a couple of hours unless it's actually urgent...you can't harrass someone into having a chat with you. Grr...

• Advertisement

Semele wrote: »
    God- a guy I dated a few weeks ago is doing my head in with texting! It put me off him so much that I contacted him and said I didn't see it becoming anything other than maybe friends (which I did mean btw, he seemed sound otherwise) but the texting has continued perhaps even more heavily! I'm working nights this week and v busy but have just woken up to what I realise was the 3rd text in a row from him that I haven't replied to. At this rate he's annoying me so much I don't want to see him this weekend, even as friends.

I'm sure I'm going to look like a psycho who's led him on if I cancel our drink this weekend, what with having a nice date, then a week later saying I wasn't into him that way but would like to hang out again if he did, then cancelling that...but honestly!

I'm busy! I don't keep in touch with people I'm actually friends with that much, never mind someone I've met once! And nothing bugs me more than someone texting again if they haven't had a reply for a couple of hours unless it's actually urgent...you can't harrass someone into having a chat with you. Grr...

Tell him to chill. Pretty much copy your post into a text and send it. Us blokes are DUMB! It's entirely possible that this lad thinks he can win your heart with being chatty and attentive, and you need to tell him to stop, and chill the feck out.

Semele wrote: »

These were your mistakes, he's not texting you because he wants to be your friend I can be damn sure of that.

You should have been clear with him from the jump.

Still though, he should cop himself on by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I couldn't have been clearer actually! I definitively said that I did not see it going anywhere, would quite like to maybe be friends as we'd got on well but that it was his call and it would definitely be nothing more than that. I got a variety of people to proof read to make sure there were no ambiguities too- and my friends are hard-line on dumping people!

He texted back saying that he understood, had had a good time too and that we should hang out if in each others area. Still though, I suppose you hear what you want to sometimes! And yes, he should have copped on by now. I don't know if it's even worth explaining why it's annoying (how patronising would that be? I've met him once and it's my problem more than his- I've friends who'd love that much attention) or if I should just pull the plug on hanging out as friends.
    These were your mistakes, he's not texting you because he wants to be your friend I can be damn sure of that.

You should have been clear with him from the jump.

Still though, he should cop himself on by now.

Just stop replying, if he's not a total goon he should get the picture......eventually.
    Gatecrash had a point with this: "It's entirely possible that this lad thinks he can win your heart with being chatty and attentive".

If he persists, well....you'll just have to get tough with him. Some people don't know when to quit until they're told quite clearly to F off. I'll leave that up to you how you should go about that.

Does he know where you live? Should be all the easier if he doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I'm getting so many strange messages on POF, kinda off putting to say the least:rolleyes:

Been talking to few nice blokes though. Now I have 3 dates set up, set one up with a fireman today, we'll see how it goes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I got quiver matched with a fellow boardsie :p sent a message, they didnt reply. Heartbroken :pac:

zuroph wrote: »
    I got quiver matched with a fellow boardsie :p sent a message, they didnt reply. Heartbroken :pac:
    A bit rude if you ask me:pac:

true, frankly I'm appalled :p

zuroph wrote: »
    true, frankly I'm appalled :p
    Onwards and upwards!:D

• Advertisement

Ah I'll maybe give them a little bit more time to get around to it, they're quite goodlooking so I'm sure they're popular on there :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement