Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

zuroph wrote: »
    Ah I'll maybe give them a little bit more time to get around to it, they're quite goodlooking so I'm sure they're popular on there :)
    Good luck with it anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ah I'll maybe give them a little bit more time to get around to it, they're quite goodlooking so I'm sure they're popular on there :)

Jeeze-Louise! Gimmie a minute would ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'm sorry honey xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

I just got an email from a guy who looks a bit like the singer from BellX1. That's really wishful thinking on my part, right..?

(It's not some obvious photo where's he's on a stage with a microphone and women throwing their knickers at him, just an ordinary bloke photo)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

i must be doing something wrong so. (M28) if ye all had good luck on POF.i had one date but it fell through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I'm getting so many strange messages on POF, kinda off putting to say the least:rolleyes:

Been talking to few nice blokes though. Now I have 3 dates set up, set one up with a fireman today, we'll see how it goes:)

For educational purposes, would ya give an example of a strange message?

I've got some great ones, I've also got some really lame ones. I hate when girls just write "hi" or "hello" in a message. It feels so forced to write back to it! I mean, it's not like my profile is empty, find something that you could at least mention!

discus wrote: »
    For educational purposes, would ya give an example of a strange message?

I've got some great ones, I've also got some really lame ones. I hate when girls just write "hi" or "hello" in a message. It feels so forced to write back to it! I mean, it's not like my profile is empty, find something that you could at least mention!

Well it seems like some blokes seem to think tattoos and S & M goes hand in hand.:rolleyes:
    I got one messages earlier saying 'I hope you have read my profile carefully and understand it'. So I had a read through his 'about me' and he's more or less looking for someone to exchange pictures with, and I doubt he was talking about holiday snaps:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Long before the days of the internet. I met my wife after i placed an ad in a newspaper. Had split with my 1st wife a yr and had lost all confidence in my-self. At the time i thought, boy i must be sad doing this. Got about 12 replies and had a few nice dates from the replies. Seems now this is the way to meet according to some friends. Was the best £10 i ever spent.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'll get to ya in a bit!!

edit: Oh I see, Galva got there before me.
    getzls wrote: »
    Long before the days of the internet. I met my wife after i placed an ad in a newspaper. Had split with my 1st wife a yr and had lost all confidence in my-self. At the time i thought, boy i must be sad doing this. Got about 12 replies and had a few nice dates from the replies. Seems now this is the way to meet according to some friends. Was the best £10 i ever spent.:)

That's such a sweet story. :)

Larianne wrote: »
    edit: Oh I see, Galva got there before me.

Galva ALWAYS gets there first!!! :cool:

No, wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Galvasean wrote: »
    Galva ALWAYS gets there first!!! :cool:

No, wait!

Oh really!? :cool:

If he actually manages to turn up at the races...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I just got an email from a guy who looks a bit like the singer from BellX1. That's really wishful thinking on my part, right..?

(It's not some obvious photo where's he's on a stage with a microphone and women throwing their knickers at him, just an ordinary bloke photo)

I was in school with one of the lads from that band.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Haven't had any luck really with the online dating thing myself, had one date which turned out grand, didn't go anywhere other than a bit of sexy time, still talk often enough, nice girl. Other than that though, no luck. I'd get replies rarely enough too. Not gonna bother with it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

dunno, when you see the prices some sites charge you wonder if it is worth the money. Who wants to hand over 70 euro for 3 months of being ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

dunno, when you see the prices some sites charge you wonder if it is worth the money. Who wants to hand over 70 euro for 3 months of being ignored.

Sure I can do that on a night out for less! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Deffo True. Dont forget about the Fakes As Well!!!

Well it seems like some blokes seem to think tattoos and S & M goes hand in hand.:rolleyes:
    I got one messages earlier saying 'I hope you have read my profile carefully and understand it'. So I had a read through his 'about me' and he's more or less looking for someone to exchange pictures with, and I doubt he was talking about holiday snaps:p

****! I should have been clearer, I just wanted to show you the panoramics I took in the grand canyon :(

I haven't gotten any weird ones. I feel left out! Although, I'm nearly certain that I've come across a few boardsies... 1 or 2 might have messaged me (the mixed blessing that is the Know Your Loungers thread!)

kya1976 gets lots of interest and has tattoos. Even the neighbours ask her out. Must be good! link to profile?!?!

****! I should have been clearer, I just wanted to show you the panoramics I took in the grand canyon :(

I haven't gotten any weird ones. I feel left out! Although, I'm nearly certain that I've come across a few boardsies... 1 or 2 might have messaged me (the mixed blessing that is the Know Your Loungers thread!)
    lol:p
    I's say you're better off without weird messages!:)
    kya1976 gets lots of interest and has tattoos. Even the neighbours ask her out. Must be good! link to profile?!?!
    haha nah trust me I very rarely get asked out!!

• Advertisement

Jeez get the hint Kya, Zuroph is practically begging for ya to ask him :D

Jeez get the hint Kya, Zuroph is practically begging for ya to ask him :D
    *Clears throat*

Zuroph would you like to go on a date with me???:o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Although, I'm nearly certain that I've come across a few boardsies... 1 or 2 might have messaged me (the mixed blessing that is the Know Your Loungers thread!)

And there was newbie me thinking you lot had some sort of sixth sense about spotting other boardsie's profiles!

And there was newbie me thinking you lot had some sort of sixth sense about spotting other boardsie's profiles!

Here's the weird thing. For one of them, I was pretty sure she was a boardsie, just from her profile. Then I came across her pic on tLL KYN.

I have a nerd radar :P

*Clears throat*

Zuroph would you like to go on a date with me???:o:pac:

I'm game if you are :D

I'm game if you are :D
    Date number 4 wooohooo:p:D

This is a beautiful moment.

:cool:

This is a beautiful moment.

:cool:
    lol you will obviously be intived to the wedding for setting this up:pac::pac:

lol you will obviously be intived to the wedding for setting this up:pac::pac:

Don't bother inviting me.

As the best man and maid-of-honour, I know I'm invited anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Haven't been on any dating sites in about 2 weeks. A few messages here and there but nothing to get excited about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement