Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Kya1976 wrote: »
    But everyone knows boys have germs though:pac:

Yes, but they're such nice germs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Dovies wrote: »

Have to confess to having used the ex thing myself if I dont fancy my date!! It is childish but I want to do it too lol

The risk there is that they are / or least act like they are interested, and then you're stuck having a whole conversation about your ex :pac:

The risk there is that they are / or least act like they are interested, and then you're stuck having a whole conversation about your ex :pac:

And you wimmins wonder why us blokes are all confused.

You are all mad. MAD I TELLS YA!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

gatecrash wrote: »
    And you wimmins wonder why us blokes are all confused.

You are all mad. MAD I TELLS YA!!! ;)

This is true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have to confess to having used the ex thing myself if I dont fancy my date!!

Oh. That might explain a lot. :o

Good to know for future reference!

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh. That might explain a lot. :o

Good to know for future reference!

It's not a get out of jail free card Larianne!! ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Eh yeah it is! But you dont pass go and dont collect any cash! :D

Eh yeah it is! But you dont pass go and dont collect any cash! :D

I refer you to THIS post!! :)

You could get that diamond in the rough who actually is interested in the person sitting in front of him!!

Of course in those cases it's always a good plan to point out the butchest woman in eyesight and say that if you were a lesbian you could really go for that girl. INSTANT turn off for blokes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Of course in those cases it's always a good plan to point out the butchest woman in eyesight and say that if you were a lesbian you could really go for that girl. INSTANT turn off for blokes!!

Haha I thought that would be a turn on for blokes!

Haha I thought that would be a turn on for blokes!

Not butch ones!!!

Playboy model types, no problem at all, that's a turn on!! :p

• Advertisement

I meant that I'll know the bloke isn't interested and stop wasting my time. If I'm not interested in a guy, I'll tell him straight (in a nice way of course!). I'm pretty much done with the online dating thing for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

If I'm not interested in a guy, I'll tell him straight (in a nice way of course!).

:(
    I'm pretty much done with the online dating thing for the moment.

:eek::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'm pretty much done with the online dating thing for the moment.

Yeah I think a break is needed. If for anything, just to let time pass by so new people can join the site.

My return to online dating last month never really got off the ground. I logged in about 6 times and then hid my profile again!

kingtut wrote: »
    :(

:eek::(

:confused:
    My return to online dating last month never really got off the ground. I logged in about 6 times and then hid my profile again!

Yes, I saw that when I deactivated my account earlier. 3rd times a charm? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Getting annoyed by the 'Hi' messages from ladies with nothing and I mean nothing on their profiles bar a single sentence repeated to meet the character requirement. Also was having a decent enough chat with a woman who messaged me though she was only logging in once a week. Sent her a mail asking her out which languishes as 'unread' in my sent items, she hasn't logged in since I sent it! Not giving up yet though

On a brighter note I saw my first female topless profile pic tonight! :eek: Doubt it will last long but for anyone curious she's a 28 yr old in Kilkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Doubt it will last long but for anyone curious she's a 28 yr old in Kilkenny!
    ...or so she says....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Getting annoyed by the 'Hi' messages from ladies with nothing and I mean nothing on their profiles bar a single sentence repeated to meet the character requirement. Also was having a decent enough chat with a woman who messaged me though she was only logging in once a week. Sent her a mail asking her out which languishes as 'unread' in my sent items, she hasn't logged in since I sent it! Not giving up yet though

On a brighter note I saw my first female topless profile pic tonight! :eek: Doubt it will last long but for anyone curious she's a 28 yr old in Kilkenny!

Uhh... you do realize that most of those are bots... right? :rolleyes:

Uhh... you do realize that most of those are bots... right? :rolleyes:

Nope wasn't aware of that but cheers for the :rolleyes:. As I said, it's the first one I've come across, if you know of more then share the wealth! :p

@DublinWriter - I'm a trusting type so I'd believe her as long as more photos were forthcoming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Yes, I saw that when I deactivated my account earlier. 3rd times a charm? :pac:

Real world dating ftw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

for anyone curious she's a 28 yr old in Kilkenny!
    I bet i know her.

You had better post the link, just to be sure though. You know, for like... um... research purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Seriously,what is it with profiles with no description whatsoever.Is it a case of not being able to or just being too dumb to realize that the only genuine messages you'll get are be based on what you show/mention on your profile?I just came across one profile and here's what the 27 yo dummy has as her descriptor:

"cant belive this thing wants me to write four sentences i mean wat about the illiterate???

Wats the ques again?

I like alot of things, not gona give anything away here tho!"

What a tool.

(Rant over)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LollieB

had my first date from a dating website yesterday, not good at all i'm afraid to say! I thought I was on the a good thing- we had been emailing & texting back & forth, pretty in depth. He asked me out, I agreed & here I am back to the drawing board.

He got pretty intense & starting telling me how he could really see himself falling for me & how a woman like me could make him completely happy, which i supposed is nice but kind of freaked me out. He said he hoped I wasn't emailing anyone else and that I would hve to deactivate my account when "things progressed".

I told him outright that I didn't want to pursue it any further but thank you for the enjoyable evening- to which he said, he wasn't really too fussed with looking for a relationship, it was all a bit of fun. Despite the fact he talked for about 15mins about how he can't find women 'cos all his friends are coupled up & he doesn't want people thinking he's gay. He then told I was his first unsuccessful date- that he always got 3rd & 4th dates at least.

I dunno really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Well he sounds like a catch.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ugh, that sounds rather unpleasant.

behaviour like that is it any wonder he is single.

I can't figure out how to deactivate okc account as i am pursuing something IRL.

LollieB wrote: »
    had my first date from a dating website yesterday, not good at all i'm afraid to say! I thought I was on the a good thing- we had been emailing & texting back & forth, pretty in depth. He asked me out, I agreed & here I am back to the drawing board.

He got pretty intense & starting telling me how he could really see himself falling for me & how a woman like me could make him completely happy, which i supposed is nice but kind of freaked me out. He said he hoped I wasn't emailing anyone else and that I would hve to deactivate my account when "things progressed".

I told him outright that I didn't want to pursue it any further but thank you for the enjoyable evening- to which he said, he wasn't really too fussed with looking for a relationship, it was all a bit of fun. Despite the fact he talked for about 15mins about how he can't find women 'cos all his friends are coupled up & he doesn't want people thinking he's gay. He then told I was his first unsuccessful date- that he always got 3rd & 4th dates at least.

I dunno really!

Bullet dodged. No way in hell I'd think that, nevermind say it, ever! What you do with your profile is your business surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

Oh lollie b i hear you!!met someone going well and after an hour said he was going back to meet his friends but said he wanted to meet me again and he liked the look of me!! What am i the prized cow at a fair ffs as you can imagine i told him where to go ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ugh, that sounds rather unpleasant.

I can't figure out how to deactivate okc account as i am pursuing something IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

Oh Lollie that sounds awful (and a bit freaky :eek: )

I am already bored after just a week and a half of going back online. Unfortunately the site I am on (maybefriends) you cannot hide your profile. I would have to delete my account in order for people not to see me. So as I paid a subscription I will stay on it for now, but not actively send out messages. I made a mistake really in signing up for 3 months, as I hadn't factored in my own burn-out rate with the whole thing (I am new to this).

I would be inclined just to stick to the free sites from now on (or sites that have decent factilities for people not paying), so that even if I have to delete myself to take a break, at least it won't cost anything. And if I ever paid on a site again I think a month is plenty at any one time.

I am currently having a conversation with someone which started off fine but now it is like pulling teeth. My guess is that he might have messaged me initially without reading the profile, then changed his mind but is too embarrassed to call it a day. I pretty much thought from the beginning that there might be potential for a friendship but nothing else as he is a bit younger than me (not by a huge amount but enough to make a difference I think), and now that I know more about him there is an added reason to think we wouldn't suit one another relationship-wise. I am debating with myself whether to say something to him to let him out of his misery or just let it peter out gradually.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ugh, that sounds rather unpleasant. I can't figure out how to deactivate okc account as i am pursuing something IRL.

I'm pretty sure women would rather not be refered to as "Something"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

Hey lon i can tell you if its like pulling teeth then he proberly is not being honest with you proberely got gf/wife...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement