Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Took a break for a few months but just enabled the profiles again yesterday. I got a bit burnt out on the whole thing. Figure I may give it another go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Larianne wrote: »
    Handshake all the way!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

Actually, don't listen to me.. :o

what if a friends situation occurs.. he leans in, you go to shake the hand but end up saying HELLO to something else :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Misticles wrote: »
    what if a friends situation occurs.. he leans in, you go to shake the hand but end up saying HELLO to something else :eek:

It's the way you stick the hand out. Kinda go up and out, to avoid those type of situations. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Awkward good byes are always well awkward, do you shake hands, hug, kiss? Who knows! Either way it gets awkward

Handshake and peck on the cheek!

Really depends on the situation but the above is the default goodbye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

do you shake hands, pat on the back, ...... <_<
    Larianne wrote: »
    Handshake all the way!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

Actually, don't listen to me.. :o
    lol

Just a nod is sufficient:p

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

El_Drago wrote: »
    Seriously,what is it with profiles with no description whatsoever.Is it a case of not being able to or just being too dumb to realize that the only genuine messages you'll get are be based on what you show/mention on your profile?I just came across one profile and here's what the 27 yo dummy has as her descriptor:

"cant belive this thing wants me to write four sentences i mean wat about the illiterate???

Wats the ques again?

I like alot of things, not gona give anything away here tho!"

What a tool.

(Rant over)

Yeah I wish people would go back and edit in more information about themselves after they have a think about it. I like to see a bit of a description in the person's own words, as it gives a better sense of their personality. The questions where they just tick boxes don't give the same sense of the person. Of course some people don't even fill out much of those sections either.

I am finding myself sometimes now judging people based on their film or TV tastes, as there is so little other information in their profile that reveals much of what they are like. Sometimes there is nothing in their own words, or very little in their own words. It feels a bit silly to be judging people like this, but it is probably just the nature of it. Thing is I would not do this in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

There are a couple of guys on POF and OKC with no info at all in their descriptions. One guy even has 'can't be bothered to fill this in yet' :eek:

Now seriously why would anyone want to contact them or reply to them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I have an adultfriendfinder account from when I was like 15, about as far as Iv gone with internet dating.

Its not really my cup of tea as I dont find my interaction with people online is as good as in person, hard to explain really but maybe you get my drift.

Gandalph wrote: »
    I have an adultfriendfinder account from when I was like 15, about as far as Iv gone with internet dating.

AFF is not internet dating :eek::D

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    AFF is not internet dating :eek::D

Yeh haha I meant to say "as close as Iv got to internet dating"

Yeh haha I meant to say "as close as Iv got to internet dating"

AFF - Durty boy!! :eek:;)

AFF - Durty boy!! :eek:;)

15 year old hormonal teen who would prob shag a ham sandwich...what do you expect? :D

15 year old hormonal teen who would prob shag a ham sandwich...what do you expect? :D

Father Gandalph
    This is my first confession - I have a profile on AFF. Havent logged in for about 2 years but :o

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

There are a couple of guys on POF and OKC with no info at all in their descriptions. One guy even has 'can't be bothered to fill this in yet' :eek:

Now seriously why would anyone want to contact them or reply to them??

Yes, my reaction tends to be if they couldn't even be bothered putting a small amount of effort in to making up their profiles it doesn't bode well for any effort they would make in real-life dating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Rodger_Muir

Hey, I've asked earlier in the thread. But I thought I'd ask again. Regular poster, looking for some feedback on my OKC profile. I'd really appreciative a female perspective.

Hey, I've asked earlier in the thread. But I thought I'd ask again. Regular poster, looking for some feedback on my OKC profile. I'd really appreciative a female perspective.

post count = 3 :eek:

are you a lurker? :D

I'm a regular poster... post count nearing 10k ;)

post count = 3 :eek:

are you a lurker? :D

I'm a regular poster... post count nearing 10k ;)

No I post regularly under a different user name. I'm just a little self concise, so I temporarily created this account to ask.

No I post regularly under a different user name. I'm just a little self concise, so I temporarily created this account to ask.

having 2 accounts is against the boards charter! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

having 2 accounts is against the boards charter! :rolleyes:

Only if it's done to evade a ban. Doing what the user is doing is totally fine.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    Only if it's done to evade a ban. Doing what the user is doing is totally fine.

my bad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey everyone! Need some advice. I know this is really sad but after being on a dating site for ages I finally got my first date and I'm sh1tting it now!!

Even worse, I've never really been on a date...only a few dates with my ex boyfriend before we got together but I knew him beforehand. We were friends so it's different to meeting a complete stranger for a drink!

Anyway, just looking for tips I guess? And what should I wear? I don't want to go too overdressed, nor too casual. I'm more of a casual dresser normally except if I'm going out I will wear a dress and more makup etc.

my bad :o

no harm to have it clarified every now and again :)

Hey everyone! Need some advice. I know this is really sad but after being on a dating site for ages I finally got my first date and I'm sh1tting it now!!

Even worse, I've never really been on a date...only a few dates with my ex boyfriend before we got together but I knew him beforehand. We were friends so it's different to meeting a complete stranger for a drink!

Anyway, just looking for tips I guess? And what should I wear? I don't want to go too overdressed, nor too casual. I'm more of a casual dresser normally except if I'm going out I will wear a dress and more makup etc.

First of all relllaxxx! We've all been there! It's good to get back into the swing of things.

where are you going/meeting?
    Daytime/evening?
    tbh wrote: »
    no harm to have it clarified every now and again :)

indeed as I always thought more than 1 was a no no - learning curve :D

just be yourself - you don't want to "trick" someone into liking you, you're looking for a partner who'll compliment you (I don't mean tell you you look nice, I mean someone you'll be happy being around for a significant period of time).

Remember it'll be awkward for him too. Don't try and hide from the awkwardness of it - embrace it and use it as something ye both have in common. "well, this is awkward isn't it? I've no clue what to do!" - saying something like that will make you sound confident (you don't mind telling people when you don't know what to do), it's an intimate statement (you're already sharing secrets!) and it'll make him grateful because now he knows he doesn't have to pretend to know what he's doing either!

Remember that this isn't a job application - if the date doesn't go well, then after it you're no worse off than you were before it. It's not an audition, and if it doesn't work, it doesn't reflect on you personally. You're going out with someone you must already like, at least a little bit, for a nice evening with a nice person. You're a nice person too. So what could go wrong? If there's no spark, there's no spark.

just relax. you'll be fine :)

Cant find you on OKC - assuming this is your user name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Go in something you're comfortable in, if you wear something that your not completely comfortable in you'll probably start fidgeting with yourself and that just makes both parties awkward. Maybe even something you've been complimented on before (you'll feel more confident knowing you look good)

Go easy on the make-up, obviously make a bit of effort just don't go overboard.

If it were me I'd wear a simple dress, not too much jewellery and flats to avoid the awkwardness of being way taller.

Relax, you're both in the same position.
    Cant find you on OKC - assuming this is your user name?

+1

THanks Dovies and Jenny. My username on OKC isn't the Rodger_Muir. If you pm me. I'll send you my username. If anyone would like to give me some feedback. It would be grat. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

DONE :)

• Advertisement

Also done.

Now my OkC account is reactivated for a week. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement