Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Larianne wrote: »
    Also done.

Now my OkC account is reactivated for a week. :rolleyes:

so do you come here often ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Rodger_Muir

Ok, so getting some mixed feedback. I'm over my shyness. So if anyone would like to take a look and post some suggestions feel free. My OKC username is Kurtzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Dovies wrote: »
    There are a couple of guys on POF and OKC with no info at all in their descriptions. One guy even has 'can't be bothered to fill this in yet' :eek:

Now seriously why would anyone want to contact them or reply to them??

I would guess these accounts arent set up to try find relationships or contact, but to creep about the profiles and see whos on there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Have a date this weekend and am looking forward to it. :)

(thought it was only fair to post positive things from time to time to balance out my moany posts!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

(thought it was only fair to post positive things from time to time to balance out my moany posts!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Hope it goes well for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Ok, so getting some mixed feedback. I'm over my shyness. So if anyone would like to take a look and post some suggestions feel free. My OKC username is Kurtzz.

Can't see your profile, probably because I'm a guy, but it does say we're a 91% match. :eek:

Never gone gay before but don't knock it till you've tried it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Rodger_Muir

dceire wrote: »
    Can't see your profile, probably because I'm a guy, but it does say we're a 91% match. :eek:

Yikes, I wonder why your not able to see it. Anyone else have any feedback me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

zuroph wrote: »
    I would guess these accounts arent set up to try find relationships or contact, but to creep about the profiles and see whos on there...

I used to get completely paranoid about that every time a empty profile viewed me.

I hope this went well :D.

Fruitless weekend, hello okc...Got a lovely message today "Hi baby want to see me jerk off?" I wonder does anyone ever actually reply to those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I deleted my profile.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Next time i suggest meeting up with someone, remind me to make sure I check the damn Bus timetables!!! :D

I'm just back from a game of football, need a shower and stuff cos i'm meeting someone at 6 for a few drinks and dinner and usual first internet date jitters and stuff......

I just forgot it's a sunday and the buses run a lot less regularly. So to be somewhere that's about 15 minutes away by car, i need to be out the door in 40 minutes.... GRRRRRRRR :o;):p:(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Then get off the damn internet man!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

gatecrash wrote: »
    Next time i suggest meeting up with someone, remind me to make sure I check the damn Bus timetables!!! :D

I'm just back from a game of football, need a shower and stuff cos i'm meeting someone at 6 for a few drinks and dinner and usual first internet date jitters and stuff......

I just forgot it's a sunday and the buses run a lot less regularly. So to be somewhere that's about 15 minutes away by car, i need to be out the door in 40 minutes.... GRRRRRRRR :o;):p:(:D

Lucky you're a boy so! ;)

Good luck and have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Then get off the damn internet man!

:pac:

oh come on.. longest part about getting ready for me is the shower and shave (both done for those of you keeping score!!) clothes are already picked out and ironed etc since yesterday...

I was just giving out about the fact that i'm gonna be sitting, alone, at a bar, in about an hour when the lady i'm meeting isn't due until 6!!
    Larianne wrote: »
    Lucky you're a boy so! ;)

Good luck and have fun!

This is ONE of the advantages..... There are very few, but this is one!!

Thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Good luck man.

I don't have a date tonight.

But I am going to go out and get blathered drunk tonight and if I score (which I most likely won't) it'll be a bonus!

To town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

gatecrash wrote: »
    oh come on.. longest part about getting ready for me is the shower and shave (both done for those of you keeping score!!) clothes are already picked out and ironed etc since yesterday...

I was just giving out about the fact that i'm gonna be sitting, alone, at a bar, in about an hour when the lady i'm meeting isn't due until 6!!

This is ONE of the advantages..... There are very few, but this is one!!

Thanks!! :)

Good man :D

I have a sneaky feeling you're going to have a really good date, itll be worth the wait. Have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

having took a break from POF I reopened my profile and gave it a complete over haul. received three messages today, stopped when they got the photo though. guess you can't help being ugly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

In my hungover state yesterday wasn't able for anything so logged onto POF once again, normal guys actually messaged me:eek::eek: Some weirdos too but for once it wasn't all weirdos:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

oh gosh, im getting tempted to open a new profile on POF, reason why i left it last time was because there was alot of time wasters on it. maybe i read too much into it, expecting alot and then loosing my patience when i get no results lol. im not sure what to do :confused:
    maybe real life dating might suit me better, then again, even thou i go out quite often, im not seeing many dating opportunities :rolleyes: :p
    oh well....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

liz2 wrote: »
    oh gosh, im getting tempted to open a new profile on POF, reason why i left it last time was because there was alot of time wasters on it. maybe i read too much into it, expecting alot and then loosing my patience when i get no results lol. im not sure what to do :confused:

No harm in giving it a go every once in a while. Users change all the time. The lowered expectations is an excellent idea. Not that you'll settle for something you don't want but if nothing comes of it what harm. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And we've seen some success stories on this very thread.

• Advertisement

ah thanks for that annyhallsal. that does make sense alright, i shud keep down the expectations this time & just see it as an option, nothing ventured nothing gained thing.
    only thing is now, when i put up my pic, im dreading the 'oh shes back again.....' :o
    i must say thou, this thread is very handy for the tips and swapping stories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

only thing is now, when i put up my pic, im dreading the 'oh shes back again.....' :o

Anyone thinking that would have to face the fact that they're still using the site themselves ;)

lol, true :P
    anyone ever been on connecting singles? im usually on POF as OK Cupid doesnt have a whole lot for cork.. and im thinking of trying somewhere else, any ideas? thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

lol, true :P
    anyone ever been on connecting singles? im usually on POF as OK Cupid doesnt have a whole lot for cork.. and im thinking of trying somewhere else, any ideas? thanks ;)

Yeah I am - had a few messages and one date. Try smooch. com - thats not too bad. You will find that all the sites cater for different age groups too. A lot on CS are in their 20's.

thanks dovies. well im in my early 30's :rolleyes: but i may still give CS a go. what age group is smooch? alot of the other sites tend to be fee based, are they any better i wonder :confused:

thanks dovies. well im in my early 30's :rolleyes: but i may still give CS a go. what age group is smooch? alot of the other sites tend to be fee based, are they any better i wonder :confused:

Well Im 42 and have had a lot of dates from Smooch. My sister is younger and she has too so it caters for all I think. No the paid sites aren't necessarily better. I used to think if people are paying then they are serious - not always the case. Although Im sure some will disagree with me.

alrighty then, ive decided to put up a profile on POF and Smooch and see how it goes
    wish me luck! :pac:

alrighty then, ive decided to put up a profile on POF and Smooch and see how it goes
    wish me luck! :pac:

Well you had better not come on here bragging about all your dates lol
    Good luck! :D

haha, i wudnt dream of it :p
    well ive opened an account on smooch, hmm there doesnt seem to be many on there from cork..

''runs to open a profile on POF...:pac:''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭MrsStuffings

Ugh,my goodness do none of you feel any shame for using online dating?

No disrespect, but it seems slightly pathetic?! :/

no intent to offend, i just dont understand the concept, what's so wrong with going to a club and buying a nice lady like myself a few drinks and getting to know her that way?! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement