Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Was chatting a little bit to a nice guy on OKC who asked me for my number so we could maybe meet for a drink so I gave it to him, he gave me his too but I didn't save it cos I figured he would txt if he was interested. Fast forward 2 weeks of no contact then he txt me a random txt, I didn't have the number in my phone and replied with "hi, who is this?" He then replied "Oh I see you didn't bother saving my number, nice" txt back to explain and no response. Eek!!

Also been mailing a really HOT, funny, intelligent guy back and forth the last few days. Get on great but he lives in Belfast and I am in Dublin :(

I give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Was chatting a little bit to a nice guy on OKC who asked me for my number so we could maybe meet for a drink so I gave it to him, he gave me his too but I didn't save it cos I figured he would txt if he was interested. Fast forward 2 weeks of no contact then he txt me a random txt, I didn't have the number in my phone and replied with "hi, who is this?" He then replied "Oh I see you didn't bother saving my number, nice" txt back to explain and no response. Eek!!

Also been mailing a really HOT, funny, intelligent guy back and forth the last few days. Get on great but he lives in Belfast and I am in Dublin :(

I give up!

That was charming of him. :rolleyes:

Don't let the distance come between you two! And don't give up! After three months I've my first date coming up this Saturday. Regardless of how this date goes I think I'll give the online dating thing a rest for the next while. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You didn't save it because you figured he'd text you, it's no suprise you didn't recognise his number when he did. I'd re-act the exact same, I'd be miffed if I exchanged numbers with a woman and they didn't save mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

You didn't save it because you figured he'd text you, it's no suprise you didn't recognise his number when he did. I'd re-act the exact same, I'd be miffed if I exchanged numbers with a woman and they didn't save mine.

Yeah, but would you ask for a number and then wait 2 weeks to bother texting? It's hardly a marraige proposal, and only takes 30 seconds!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeah, but would you ask for a number and then wait 2 weeks to bother texting? It's hardly a marraige proposal, and only takes 30 seconds!

eh, who knows what could of come up in those 2 weeks. 2 weeks isn't a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Yeah in hindsight I obviously should have saved it but didn't think it'd be that big of a deal that it would stop someone from continuing contact. Ah well, will save the next one I get ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

eh, who knows what could of come up in those 2 weeks. 2 weeks isn't a long time.

It frickin is in the world of on-line dating! Doesn't take much effort to send a message to say hi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Larianne wrote: »
    Gatecrash, how did your date go the other night????

Enjoyable, but neither of us see it going anywhere, so staying in contact, to bitch and moan about other failed dates, but other than that.....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Swing and a miss..... and all it took was two dates:D

Got an "I have been chatting to my ex" speech and that was that. Back to the drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hello guys.

Miss me?

I see many new faces since left the thread. That's good (bad?). Everyone still seems to be getting miffed about. Bummer :/
    So I might as well share a tale of woe to help fit in. That lovely girl I met online started blanking me (not replying to texts, or facebook IM) so after a few days I asked her straight up via if there was a reason she had suddenly started ignoring me. She tells me she has a lot going on right now* and 'needs space'. Odd that she needs space considering we hadn't seen each other ina week as we were both on holidays as luck would have it. I think I'll give her plenty of space, ie: cut her loose. I really dont need to get my head messed about by ANOTHER flakey one.
    * I seem to attract this type. Last 3 girls (4 if you count the one I foolishly FOOLISHLY got back with) I was with hit me with similar lines. I think it's the new "It's not you, it's me!"

So anyway, think I'll log into OkC/PoF now. Doubt I'll send any messages. just dip the toes in...
    So if an alarmingly handsome man views your profile tonight and does not message you, do not despair, for it's not you, it's me! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Galv is that the girl from the Emergency Room?

I've been following this thread since it started - good laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Galvasean wrote: »
    I was with hit me with similar lines. I think it's the new "It's not you, it's me!"

I think its the same thing just different words. Funny enough i think in the last 10 girls (real world and online) I have talked to I was never the problem. Either I am amazing and the girls have all got issues or i think there are some major fob offs going on.:p
    You think they are all subscribed to a newletter giving them up to date ways to blow off a guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

With regards to the messaging folks with no photos thing..

A girl I've been back and forth with the past couple weeks who has no photo just sent me a photo of herself to my email.

I have a big, stupid grin on my face now he he:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Looks like I've been stood up, well thats embarrassing!

Hate that, sorry to hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

hollypink wrote: »

Oh no.

What time were you supposed to meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Do you have a contact number? Feckin hell, that's shocking if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Ugh bad form Holly :/ their loss!

Oh no.

What time were you supposed to meet?

7.30. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i refer to my previous recommendation for this situation.

buy and sell ad for a kids karate suit, quick sale wanted. free xbox with games.
    use that number!

• Advertisement

Alternatively, sneak into a couple of mens rooms and write their number on the cubicle walls.

7.30. Ah well...

Well the way I would look at it is,if he is the type of person that would stand someone up without making any kind of excuses he is clearly a prick and its a bullet dodged!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

and there you have it. the second a picture goes out - silence.

suppose if they are that shallow they are not worth it.

Have you tried having your picture on public view?

Least that way you dont have to worry about people ignoring you when you send one on.

Never a nice feeling.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Its not being shallow, did you read my post about a guys reaction after he sent me a photo?

Silence is a no no but if the person isnt attracted to you then a polite its not going to go anywhere etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I have had it public. took it down as there were no replies coming in. Sure the people who stop replying after seeing it would not even reply to introductions if there was a picture up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

sorry to hear that hollypink :(

having being so used to POF and being able to use that site, im lost on OK/C :confused:

how do i change the settings for who's allowed to mail me or does that automatically go with ur search criteria :rolleyes:

cripes, id better get a date out of all this hassle haha :p

( im just thinking it may be easier to change settings as i dont fancy getting mail from america etc lol,,otherwise that wud be a pretty expensive date :p )

Well the way I would look at it is,if he is the type of person that would stand someone up without making any kind of excuses he is clearly a prick and its a bullet dodged!

You're right of course. Ah I don't feel that bad about it, just glad I didn't bump into anyone I knew ("hey hollypink what are you doing here?" "oh just waiting 40 mins for my internet date to stand me up" :p ). He might have been abducted by aliens though - right? I hear that's a big problem in west Dublin recently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

You're right of course. Ah I don't feel that bad about it, just glad I didn't bump into anyone I knew ("hey hollypink what are you doing here?" "oh just waiting 40 mins for my internet date to stand me up" :p ). He might have been abducted by aliens though - right? I hear that's a big problem in west Dublin recently :D

Or died!

RE Sex and the City

• Advertisement

Or died!

RE Sex and the City

Oh yeah, forgot that episode :D He's not dead though unless they have broadband in heaven/hell cos I just logged into the dating site and he's online :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement