Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Forgot to mention the ones who I mail and say "wanna swap pics?"
    "yes you first"
    I send mine
    no reply.
    I think the decent thing to do would be to send back a pic anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Fewcifur why don't you just give the diet a rest for one night? If you like this girl a few drinks really won't hurt that much in the long run.

You can break your arse the next day in the gym or something to burn the alcohol off if you realy want.

By the way I have been following this thread for a long while and love it.

Some great characters on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

CucaFace wrote: »
    By the way I have been following this thread for a long while and love it.

Some great characters on here.

Mmm. Coming up next "Online Dating@Boards.ie: The Book."

Copyright, Me :p

Mmm. Coming up next "Online Dating@Boards.ie: The Book."

Copyright, Me :p

You know i discussed this (that this was like a book) on a date lately with someone who also views this board. Either spooky coincidence or i was on a date with you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

As its in tGC,mods get an equal share of any royalties,in the interest of fairness like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

As its in tGC,mods get an equal share of any royalties,in the interest of fairness like.

Anyone who posted in this thread, should get some royalties :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

CucaFace wrote: »
    You know i discussed this (that this was like a book) on a date lately with someone who also views this board. Either spooky coincidence or i was on a date with you. :)

;)

Alas, no. This thread is my vicarious peep into dating life past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Anyone who posted in this thread, should get some royalties :D

Back off snoops!! Anyone who's single at the time of the book going to press gets royalties.

Those of you who are in stable loving relationships & those of you who are in totally unstable, hatred filled but the sex is great, relationships don't get a penny!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

gatecrash wrote: »
    Back off snoops!! Anyone who's single at the time of the book going to press gets royalties.

Those of you who are in stable loving relationships & those of you who are in totally unstable, hatred filled but the sex is great, relationships don't get a penny!!!

We'll all be rich so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

I have been reading this thread from the start..top marks to all who post reguarly..I have got a lot of laughs out of reading the posts:D

So my take on the whole online dating is it would probably work if you live in Dublin but not much of a chance if you live in the west... I've made a few new facebook friends but that's all that will happen :(

Plus I just got a new job in an even more remote part of the country so I'm screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

We'll all be rich so.

Naaah.

There are some who post here to help out those of us who are single and hating it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

eire-kp wrote: »
    So my take on the whole online dating is it would probably work if you live in Dublin

i hear ya on that one! me thinks i shud move to dublin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I'm thinking about joining a dating site again... will i, won't I... will i, won't I... will i, won't I... will i, won't I... just can't decide!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dovies wrote: »
    Well their normal matches are pretty rubbish so Im sure the Ultra Match will be Ultra Rubbish! :D

I was hoping for something fun.

Ultra Magnus
    MagnusMatrix.jpg

Ultrasauros
    Ultrasauros.jpg

etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

liz2 wrote: »
    i hear ya on that one! me thinks i shud move to dublin :pac:

And I was thinking maybe a change of scenary away from Dublin would do me good! We could organise a big exchange programme of singles - get big buses and rotate around the country every few months for some fresh blood. :D

haha, i like it, so that wud make dublin my first choice ? :p

mood wrote: »
    I'm thinking about joining a dating site again... will i, won't I... will i, won't I... will i, won't I... will i, won't I... just can't decide!!!

go for it!

Samich wrote: »
    I think you missed my point. I do have a pic. I just have a relative on the site and don't want them to see me.

And I mail loads of girls without pics up and even send them pics first.

The amount of mails I send, I mail anyone who seems sound, pic or no pic. as long as they can spell and seem good craic and not a bimbo.

You're missing my point too then, to be quite honest I don't even bother reading messages/profiles of people with no picture- I'm sure many will think that's really rude of me but I bet I'm not alone (women get lots of messages, discarding picture-less one's can be one of the easiest ways of sieving the bunch.

I was just trying to say a lack of picture (on your profile) does reduce your options in my opinion. Fair enough over the family member thing but I bet they'd be just as shocked seeing you on there that they'd never even say a word about it.

And I was thinking maybe a change of scenary away from Dublin would do me good! We could organise a big exchange programme of singles - get big buses and rotate around the country every few months for some fresh blood. :D

I'm sure my brothers/cousins/friends would be perfect for someone... if only they could meet!!!

• Advertisement

You're missing my point too then, to be quite honest I don't even bother reading messages/profiles of people with no picture- I'm sure many will think that's really rude of me but I bet I'm not alone (women get lots of messages, discarding picture-less one's can be one of the easiest ways of sieving the bunch.

I was just trying to say a lack of picture (on your profile) does reduce your options in my opinion. Fair enough over the family member thing but I bet they'd be just as shocked seeing you on there that they'd never even say a word about it.

I can't help but think someone has something to hide when they have no photo. For most of us it's embarrassing but anyone who see out profile is also trying to meet someone, so we're all in the same boat!

liz2 wrote: »
    go for it!

I'm nt so sure. Meet some nice guys. One I really liked. But lead to nothing. Maybe I expected too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I can't help but think someone has something to hide when they have no photo. For most of us it's embarrassing but anyone who see out profile is also trying to meet someone, so we're all in the same boat!

if you switch countries and do a random search of some area, you'll see that in about 20 pages, there'll be one or two people with no photo, whereas in ireland it's way way higher. we're still a suspicious bunch!

if you switch countries and do a random search of some area, you'll see that in about 20 pages, there'll be one or two people with no photo, whereas in ireland it's way way higher. we're still a suspicious bunch!

Everyone know everyone! I see people I know on a site but have told nobody and hope they would do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Ok i've done it , i've registered on okc! lets hope i more luck than i did on pof.

i can understand people not showing photos, I'd probably still message a girl if she had an interesting profile and similar interests to me, but so far none of them seem to like burning puppies in metal bins :(

Ok i've done it , i've registered on okc! lets hope i more luck than i did on pof.

i can understand people not showing photos, I'd probably still message a girl if she had an interesting profile and similar interests to me, but so far none of them seem to like burning puppies in metal bins :(

Damit I only like putting cats in wheelie bins. Another one bites the dust....Never tried POF but thats because OKC has always seemed pretty decent to me.

That reminds me, sometimes I also get a chill of fear that maybe the picture-less person is someone I know taking the piss, paranoid.

Exactly, plus if we have to be embarrassed by having the photo up why the hell shouldn't they. ("pics or gtfo")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Irish people are still scared of their own shadow.

Catholicism and that..

Still trying to not piss off granny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I also think the Irish tend to be bitchy and mocky of people in all aspects of life, which makes the stigma of online dating far worse in this country than it would be in others...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Those of you who are thinking of moving to Dublin for dates - feck off!! :D
    Enough trouble getting some for myself without you lot moving in!

This morning I have had mail from Drogheda, Cork x2, Tipperary, Kilkenny, Cavan and Wexford. None from Dublin! :(

• Advertisement

aw but we cud swap? seeing as u got 2 mails from cork, get messaging! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement